DLF Phase III, DLF, Sector 26, Gurgaon

Last updated: November 17 2014
5 | Posts
1640 | Views
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DLF Phase III, DLF, Sector 26, Gurgaon

Seniors pls. comments are the below rate & costs ok, or the rates & costs are way too high & we have been fooled., if yes, by how much.

for 2160 sq feet (4 floors at - 540 per floor X 4 floor ) We have been billed little more than Rs. 46 lacs . This is arrived at Rs. 1900 per square feet for 2160 sq feet plus for Balcony on two floors plus water tanks etc etc. This is after lot of negotiation & initially they were charging 2000 per square feet.

It needs to be noted that we were throughout outside India and did not supervised the construction at all, just saw the work this October this year and observed that construction plus interior is just basic standard.

Regards

Re : DLF Phase III, DLF, Sector 26, Gurgaon

I think it should be ok

Comment

Originally posted by debyani1980 View Post
      Seniors pls. comments are the below rate & costs ok, or the rates & costs are way too high & we have been fooled., if yes, by how much.

for 2160 sq feet (4 floors at - 540 per floor X 4 floor ) We have been billed little more than Rs. 46 lacs . This is arrived at Rs. 1900 per square feet for 2160 sq feet plus for Balcony on two floors plus water tanks etc etc. This is after lot of negotiation & initially they were charging 2000 per square feet.

It needs to be noted that we were throughout outside India and did not supervised the construction at all, just saw the work this October this year and observed that construction plus interior is just basic standard.

Regards
      Debyani jee

Although I am not an expert when it comes to construction, I have a few friends who have built ( or rebuilt ) their homes in Gurgaon and Delhi in these past few years. From what I gather from those conversations (plot sizes range from 100--350 sq yds in delhi / 200-500 in gurgaon) is that construction costs vary considerably. Also, questions like whether it includes wood work, modular kitchen etc drives the average price up or down. Also, playing the devil's advocate here, the contractor may have used very high quality of cement/bricks/saria etc which is largely invisible and basic spec items for tiling and interiors. In such a case the construction may appear to be of much lower standard then it actually is. This is highly unlikely, though.
      What I am getting at is that there are lots of "ifs" and "buts" and it would be difficult for anyone here to give you a range of price in which such a house should have been built, without actually seeing the place.
      Now for the figures, the labour rate/material costs are higher in NCR as compared to most of India. A friend managed to make a beautiful bungalow in Bhopal at about 1000 psft a year back. Even in NCR, most people I know have really made beautiful high spec houses for 1600--2200 psft. The basic ones have been made at about 1000--1500. So, on paper it appears that you have been fleeced for quite a bit but then again, it is difficult to say anything without taking a look at the house.
      I may add that there may be a perfectly plausible explanation to that. For example, the cost of ceiling work may be higher than the cost of side walls and the per square feet costs may have risen in a small plot as compared to a bigger one. This is something that you should have discussed with the contractor before awarding him the construction of your house and cross referenced with at least, 15 other contractors. The time for introspection is gone now. The contractor may have fleeced you but it was because of your own negligence and if you try to bargain with him now, it would be a case of two wrongs not making a right.

Hope that helps!
      sigpicWe are the ones who wanna choose..Always wanna play ..but we never wanna loose!!!

Comment

At St_Anger- your insight on the issue is really appreciated.

My objective was to assess the excess , book the notional loss to go ahead n forget it for good.

Assuming rs. 1700 / sq feet as competitive rate , I'm booking a notional loss of Rs. 430k approx calculated as 200 / sq ft X 2150 sq feet.

Comment

Originally posted by debyani1980 View Post

Regards
          I just have words with one of my constructer friend he is in construction line from 9 yrs and built and sell many floors in Ggn.
          He just say gone are those days when construction cost were 1200 -1300.
          Only structure take around 900-1200/sqft.
          He told me that a 60 sq yrd plot with normal specification will take 1800- 2000/sq ft.
          I am not expert but i just say what he told me.

Comment

Got it. Thnks.

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
            Working...
            X