Reduction in the "Home Loan Interest Rates" and henceforth the Property purchasing will be cheaper.

Read more
13 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • i have also taken a loan from HDFC but they havent reduced any interest rate, will they correct it on their own or do we have to followup with them ?
    CommentQuote
  • Citi bank have not even reduced when almost all other bank have reduced ... Do not know what citi bank is upto
    CommentQuote
  • I am at 10.25% home saver account
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by doobti
    Citi bank have not even reduced when almost all other bank have reduced ... Do not know what citi bank is upto

Also Citibank has the worst NRE FD interest rates. Only 7.75% v/s ICICI which is giving 8.5%.
    CommentQuote
  • Icici is giving loan at 9.85 but problem is that they do not have home saver or max gain option . Generally these option are .25% expensive then normal loans
    CommentQuote
  • I have taken from hdfc and they have reduced to 9.95 already
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ip3bhk
    I have taken from hdfc and they have reduced to 9.95 already

is it home save i.e over draft facility where in you can park your extra money and get interest equivalent to home loan on the amount
    CommentQuote
  • Nope max gain is only in sbi and citi
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ip3bhk
    Nope max gain is only in sbi and citi

Yes and that is 0.25% expensive and I am at 10.25 as of now and citi have not reduced in April when other banks have reduced . Do expect it to be arround 10.10 now
    CommentQuote
  • Base rate of Citi bank is still 9.50 and they are lending with markup of 60 to 75 bps..
    Even I m doing follow up with Citibank on same matter..
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by evasnis
    Base rate of Citi bank is still 9.50 and they are lending with markup of 60 to 75 bps..
    Even I m doing follow up with Citibank on same matter..

Evansis , same thing was told to me as well.. They said 10.25% is cheapest possible rate for home saver and they might not be able to reduce..

They told that they are reviewing the entire portfolio and let me know if there is a rate reduction but now there is too much diff between citi and other banks

But on other side even if I just put 5 lakh extra in home saver ( which generally peole have as emergency fund) this difference is negated actually
    CommentQuote
  • Plus they are commanding premium for their services :)but ideally they should reduce as NPA is very low incase of Citibank
    CommentQuote
  • I have had very good experience with citi bank , I had ful funds to pay for loan but I wanted to have liquidity so kept amount equivalent to loan for 3 years continuously..

now for a loan of 50 lakh, current rate(10.25%) and icici (9.85%) difference is 1200 per month in emi. If you put 3.60 lakh + 1 lac i.e 4.6 lakh that nullifies the difference..

so still it is a good bet to keep with citi bank and yes, I had managed to get them my schedule changed 4 times already in last 3 years so they are still better bet..but ofcourse I would love to hear rate reduction from them..
    CommentQuote