Forum Veterans,

I am choosing between: TATA, PURI, Experion Windchants, Mahindra Aura. TATA is a strong name but too costly.

When I contact these builders some agents and not the actual builders reply to me. Why does the company
not have its direct employees answer queries?

Is there anything to be concerned about (ex: delays, price more than quality), etc that you experienced and could kindly share. Also, are there other constructions that you can kindly share...

Regards.
Read more
14 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
    • Project Review
    • Price
    Originally Posted by flatSearch1
    Forum Veterans,

I am choosing between: TATA, PURI, Experion Windchants, Mahindra Aura. TATA is a strong name but too costly.

When I contact these builders some agents and not the actual builders reply to me. Why does the company
    not have its direct employees answer queries?

Is there anything to be concerned about (ex: delays, price more than quality), etc that you experienced and could kindly share. Also, are there other constructions that you can kindly share...

Regards.

I am not a veteran - but I can add to your information as follows :

Tata - Gurgaon Gateway/Puri diplomatic Greens/Experion Windchants/Haindra aura is the order in which they are priced. Tata s you know is quite overpriced and at the monent fundamentals dont support that level of pricing.

Puri dip greens (phase i) has an edge over windchants due to its location on the DEW and is considered a slightly more luxury project than the windchants. the pricing is also siimilary placed. Experion is a good FDI backed developer. Puri has been professional in customer service and building quality is outstanding. (personal experience with DG-I). There are many members in the forum who have some issues with the developer from their Pranayam project. windchants is defeinitely a good buy if you can get below 6000 psft. Puri is a good buy if you get below 7000. Both these project will classify as an HIG project.

Mahindra Aura is definitely better from an MIG perspective, zero delivery risk and good prices for RTM 6000/sqft. Location is the only issue, but with the drain getting covered an ROB planned on Bajghera road, it should become better with time.

So you will have to be specific to your budget Tata/Puri in luxury range - Experion in HIG range and Mahindra aura in MIG range. Al builders are good, but Tata/Mahindra are great and Experion is better than Puri in terms of builder credibility.
    CommentQuote
    • Price
    • Builder Review
    Bhai,
    1. Tata is the best if u can afford it & intend to stay (end use). Since Tata does not charge for 2 car parkings & club the same works out bout 9000/- odd BSP. Also Tata only builder offering 18% refund for any delay. One can also get gr8 deals in resale in 25:75 plan from distress sellers.
    2. Puri is VFM but delivery is an issue seeing his track record.
    3. Rest avoid.
    CommentQuote
    • Other
    Originally Posted by pacman
    Bhai,
    1. Tata is the best if u can afford it & intend to stay (end use). Since Tata does not charge for 2 car parkings & club the same works out bout 9000/- odd BSP. Also Tata only builder offering 18% refund for any delay. One can also get gr8 deals in resale in 25:75 plan from distress sellers.
    3. Rest avoid.

100% agreed sir ju
    CommentQuote
    • Project Review
    Mahendra Aura is only choice if need a ready to move kind of property. All other properties has high dependency on DEW and their own completion. Pls don't confuse the location of PURI with their sample flat. They don't even have approach road ready for residential project.
    CommentQuote
    • Other
    Thanks veterans for your replies..i will need to think over....Regards
    CommentQuote
    • Price
    • Builder Review
    Hi. How do you rate sector 102 or 109 compared to this. I shortlisted Emaar Imperial garden and Chintel serenity projects. What's the feedback/review I. Terms of quality, location and correct entry point since lot of distress units are available.

Originally Posted by Bala2107
    I am not a veteran - but I can add to your information as follows :

Tata - Gurgaon Gateway/Puri diplomatic Greens/Experion Windchants/Haindra aura is the order in which they are priced. Tata s you know is quite overpriced and at the monent fundamentals dont support that level of pricing.

Puri dip greens (phase i) has an edge over windchants due to its location on the DEW and is considered a slightly more luxury project than the windchants. the pricing is also siimilary placed. Experion is a good FDI backed developer. Puri has been professional in customer service and building quality is outstanding. (personal experience with DG-I). There are many members in the forum who have some issues with the developer from their Pranayam project. windchants is defeinitely a good buy if you can get below 6000 psft. Puri is a good buy if you get below 7000. Both these project will classify as an HIG project.

Mahindra Aura is definitely better from an MIG perspective, zero delivery risk and good prices for RTM 6000/sqft. Location is the only issue, but with the drain getting covered an ROB planned on Bajghera road, it should become better with time.

So you will have to be specific to your budget Tata/Puri in luxury range - Experion in HIG range and Mahindra aura in MIG range. Al builders are good, but Tata/Mahindra are great and Experion is better than Puri in terms of builder credibility.
    CommentQuote
    • Price
    • Builder Review
    Originally Posted by pacman
    Bhai,
    3. Rest avoid.

Pacman Bhai - Out of curiosity, I have a question, Quotes on 99 acres are coming for 12500-13000 for Tata, then how does that work out to 9000 after deducting car parking. Car parking is 3-4 lacs/bay works out to 150/sqft for a 2500 sqft apartment. So even if distressed sellers are ready to accept 10500-11000 /sqft. then the net cost after 2 parkings bays comes to 10,000-10500/sqft. However I am not following this project closely, so I dont know if there are deals for 9000 as you are saying. Also the location of the project is nothing great to write home about. I would rate the location sub-par to Windchants or Puri. However builder reputation and solvency risk is no problem at all with Tata. As far as delays are concerned, I know of their project Raisina in which a couple of friends are invested, they were not happy about either the location or their timeliness, it was delayed big time. However delays in RE is not a big deal now. I think everyone is going about 1-2 years late. Everyone, no exceptions. TATA began constructions in 2013 and is expected to go well into 2017 for possession.

Puri DG I know about closely - Location of Puri is very good, They own a 1 km stretch bang on the DEW (i,.e service Road) and have main sector roads on all sides of their plots. Sector 111 is "village free" and clutterless, unlike Bajghera Village around Tata. Puri started their construction in April 2012 and said 42 months (in BBA)-48 months (with grace period), so I would assume 48-54 months as per industry practice. Their Work is going on well on schedule, (I visit their site once in 3 months whenever I am free) DG possession is also expected to go into 2017. Infact Tata and Puri may offer possession closeby or Puri may offer 6-7 months before Tata. As far as approach roads are concerned, Sector Road 111/110A is being laid by Puri already and will be in place before possession is offered. I would say thats what counts ultimately. While its a fact that Puri does not stand a chance in reputation to Tata, the price premium commanded by Tata for that is pretty high considering collateral facts. DEW Metro (if and when it comes) will be bang in front of the complex and the project will be also very close to Dwarka 21 and IFFCO chowk alignment connection (if and when it comes).

I am not recommending anyone to buy Puri, but the fundamentals of this project is intact despite the industry slowdown. I entered puri in 2012 Rs. 5750/sqft and got a 3% discount.
    Mahindra Aura is also good in builder repute but project lacks location and attractiveness, I assume its asking for 6000 (UC) -7000+ (RTM) is a little overpriced, in view of these factors. Windchants is a perfect sweet spot in terms of location, price and builder reputation. But I think that's also being delayed by atleast 1-2 years (as everyone else.)
    CommentQuote
    • Locality Review
    • Builder Review
    Originally Posted by kap_shar
    Hi. How do you rate sector 102 or 109 compared to this. I shortlisted Emaar Imperial garden and Chintel serenity projects. What's the feedback/review I. Terms of quality, location and correct entry point since lot of distress units are available.

Kap, All else remaining constant, i would go for 109 instead of 102. However life is not that easy to take a call :)

I would see Chintels Sereneity better in terms of location, neighbourhood and proximity to delhi (overlooking green belt) and flanked by good projects such as, shobha Intl city, MSWT etc.

Emaar imperial garden is a good builder, although there are many problems being face by buyers of emaar. Expect Delivery delay in this project for sure. 102, is a clean sector too, without villages and clutter, easy access from DEW. but IG project itself is sandwiched between BPTP and another vacant plot which is not Emaar land. The only right of way is small revenue rasta kind of road to the 75 mts. road. You may want to check this carefully. I dont take to approach issues kindly. I would not be very bullish in comparison of this to Chintel senernity or even paradiso, unless Emaar IG is available at great discounts and I have a critical budget to be met.

Chintels are a land bank, so they have not paid for land, so I dont expect them to be in liquidity crunch as other builders who have taken their sales revenue to buy lands elsewhere and are now facing imminent bankruptcy as those lands cannot be monetised.

So in my view Chintels - sereneity, paradiso (its locked by shobha intl. city, which may be good) are both both better than Emaar IG.
    CommentQuote
    • Project Review
    • Price
    Originally Posted by Bala2107
    Pacman Bhai - Out of curiosity, I have a question, Quotes on 99 acres are coming for 12500-13000 for Tata, then how does that work out to 9000 after deducting car parking. Car parking is 3-4 lacs/bay works out to 150/sqft for a 2500 sqft apartment. So even if distressed sellers are ready to accept 10500-11000 /sqft. then the net cost after 2 parkings bays comes to 10,000-10500/sqft. However I am not following this project closely, so I dont know if there are deals for 9000 as you are saying. Also the location of the project is nothing great to write home about. I would rate the location sub-par to Windchants or Puri. However builder reputation and solvency risk is no problem at all with Tata. As far as delays are concerned, I know of their project Raisina in which a couple of friends are invested, they were not happy about either the location or their timeliness, it was delayed big time. However delays in RE is not a big deal now. I think everyone is going about 1-2 years late. Everyone, no exceptions. TATA began constructions in 2013 and is expected to go well into 2017 for possession.

Puri DG I know about closely - Location of Puri is very good, They own a 1 km stretch bang on the DEW (i,.e service Road) and have main sector roads on all sides of their plots. Sector 111 is "village free" and clutterless, unlike Bajghera Village around Tata. Puri started their construction in April 2012 and said 42 months (in BBA)-48 months (with grace period), so I would assume 48-54 months as per industry practice. Their Work is going on well on schedule, (I visit their site once in 3 months whenever I am free) DG possession is also expected to go into 2017. Infact Tata and Puri may offer possession closeby or Puri may offer 6-7 months before Tata. As far as approach roads are concerned, Sector Road 111/110A is being laid by Puri already and will be in place before possession is offered. I would say thats what counts ultimately. While its a fact that Puri does not stand a chance in reputation to Tata, the price premium commanded by Tata for that is pretty high considering collateral facts. DEW Metro (if and when it comes) will be bang in front of the complex and the project will be also very close to Dwarka 21 and IFFCO chowk alignment connection (if and when it comes).

I am not recommending anyone to buy Puri, but the fundamentals of this project is intact despite the industry slowdown. I entered puri in 2012 Rs. 5750/sqft and got a 3% discount.
    Mahindra Aura is also good in builder repute but project lacks location and attractiveness, I assume its asking for 6000 (UC) -7000+ (RTM) is a little overpriced, in view of these factors. Windchants is a perfect sweet spot in terms of location, price and builder reputation. But I think that's also being delayed by atleast 1-2 years (as everyone else.)

Dear Bala Bhai,
    Cost of Tata was 10850/- for initial purchase with 2 car parks & club free (shld be bout 4lacs each= 12 lacs). So for 2500sqft it works out to Rs 475 less. Also, with distress sellers willing to sell at Rs 500 discount u save about Rs 1000 on BSP i.e 9850/-. There are also buyers at 25:75 PLP, who want to get out. This plan gives a saving of min 10% on capital. So in all approx cost of Tata works out around Rs 9500. Further one canot compare Tata & Puri. Tata is a low density project (just 5 towers) with premium facilities. Rest we can keep discussig merits till cows come home. Puri is an excellent prject if he delivers. Tata is a gr8 project if one can afford the premium for "peace of mind". U also don't need DEW for Tata...
    CommentQuote
    • Builder Review
    Buy in unauthorised colony but never buy in puri projects. They have one sided bba with escalation clause and they will increase the price by almost 30 to 40 percent at the time of possession. Moreover they are so greedy that in one of their projects the owners daughter was made president of RWA and they got the society registered before actual elections could happen. Their delivered projects have very high maintenance and services are third grade. Be very very cautious in buying under construction properties of puri constructions.

On the same note greediness flows in their family and blood. This can be proven by the fact that owners of TDI, Puri and BPTP are relatives.
    CommentQuote
    • Project Review
    • Construction
    Happened to visit Mahindra Aura.

Didn't expect so many families staying there.

Doing more research on adjoining projects but can see it ahead of others in term of delivery.

Even I had drain concern but now its more or less gone as saw work happening on ground.

Per Mahindra team, they will handover all flats in early 2016 - looks possible as construction happening in full speed.

My biggest let go was specifications were not that great but was explained by their team that its most efficient apartment in adjoining areas & they substantiated too.

Even got the suggestion of taking interior designer's services for making it even efficient. Wish they have some interior designer too on board :)

Overall nice experience as understand that its 17 acres project & number of flats is just less than 800.

Didn't understand real estate jargons precisely - but Mahindra team was focusing on terms like "Low Density".

Was also briefed about 15:85 scheme. Good thing was that it is without bank subvention but incidentally 85% will be due in less than a year - though yes possession is near (that's a big plus).

Anybody having any negative viewpoint which I should know about this project - if yes please advise. Will be a BIG help!
    CommentQuote
    • Other
    No negative view point , Just that you should weigh the price of primary and secondary market before taking a decision
    CommentQuote
    • Other
    Mahindra Aura

Originally Posted by amit.bhalla
    No negative view point , Just that you should weigh the price of primary and secondary market before taking a decision

Fully agree...Like always ... Short and straight to the point - valuable advice from the veteran....
    CommentQuote
    • Other
    Dear fellow IREF members,

Chanced upon this good and interesting discussion here. Any more current views, considering we are in 2016 and good 9 months away from the last post. Right gestation period I think! so why not deliver some thoughts on the relative merits of these projects as on date!
    CommentQuote