i am looking for ready to apartment

so i have look Overseas Appt in Sec 50 noida

but it have 3.5 lac Transfer charges (including registry) for 1000 SQF

its depend on builder example sager apartment have 7.5 lac

some have 1.5 lac

pls conform Transfer charges when u book ur apartment

because when u will sale ur apartment u have to share that charge's

i am getting Overseas Appt 2 lac cheaper as compare to market rate due to Transfer charges Overseas Appt

and owner have to share that charges

Thx
Read more
18 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • any comments
    CommentQuote
  • Transfer charges- Noida

My friend purchased a flat(resale category) in purvanchal silver estate, sec-50, All the paper work is done(sale deeds and registration). But his society is asking for a transfer charges of Rs75,000 (Same is stated in society bye-laws as ownership transfer charge).

Is it legitimate on the part of society to ask for such a huge amount as transfer charges in resale category? Anything he can do to avoid this (25K seems sensible but 75K is way much higher).
    People please pour in your views :bab (2):!

Thanks
    CommentQuote
  • Overseas Appt in Sec 50 transfer charge is 200000
    CommentQuote
  • transfer charges mostly depends upon local governing body...
    as far as pune is concerned .. here i think they charge about 35 Rs. per square feet...
    And every individual has to pay this before possesion.... then builder usually transfers all the flats in society from government on your name...!

This is d procedure builders follow for new flat but for resale kind of flat we need to do this procedure explicitly on our own... i guess...

Dats why societ may be asking...for transfer charges i.e.TOTAL CHARGE= ABC Rs. (as per local govern. body) * number of square feet of area

VAT,Service tax,Stamp duty,transfer charges etc. i guess cant be avoided...
    CommentQuote
  • The transfer charges are NOT ALLOWED as per supreme court rulings, however we all are very greedy people, whether its builder or the RWA , they all want to extract as much money as possible from the new buyer.

Coming to think of it how can a society or a group of people ( RWA) can charge anything when all the necessary dues have been paid by seller, and the buyer gives the necessary stamp duty to Government.
    CommentQuote
  • very true Digvijay....RWA is just an association for the welfare of residents. It might be registered but has no legal rights to extract money from the residents.
    I am not sure how it works in the modern day socities but I live in DDA colony and we ned to pay 500 monthly charges. But that is not mandatory. Only thing is people who are not paying donot get ceratin facility provided by RWA.

Originally Posted by Digvijay
    The transfer charges are NOT ALLOWED as per supreme court rulings, however we all are very greedy people, whether its builder or the RWA , they all want to extract as much money as possible from the new buyer.

Coming to think of it how can a society or a group of people ( RWA) can charge anything when all the necessary dues have been paid by seller, and the buyer gives the necessary stamp duty to Government.
    CommentQuote
  • rajesh_vsworx, thanks, this is useful , I didn't knew that overseas charges are this much.
    rohanthengal, yeah and it comes around to be 51 per sq ft in this case.
    Digvijay, I am sure there must not be any law for this, but DDA society are different from this builder society (although Purvanchal has already handed over the society to RWA). DDA society are mostly co-operative society, little diff from these.
    amol8080, thanks for the reply.

So a useful bargaining chip for purchasing flat in resale cat. is transfer charges, one should make sure that owner pays a little part of it as well. But I wonder if govt has any say in this, as this is absolute exploitation of end user.
    One has to pay
    1. Transfer memorandum charges
    2. Stamp duty charges
    3. NOC from builder (this is charged as well)
    4. High Maintainance .....Phew!

No to mention, 14K additional on stamp duty brokerage fees and 10.5K additional fees on sale deed registration (at the time of transfer)
    CommentQuote
  • It is a sin to born as end user in India....and then they say it is buyers market and client is King/God......:bab (34):

Originally Posted by leechawla
    rajesh_vsworx, thanks, this is useful , I didn't knew that overseas charges are this much.:bab (34):
    rohanthengal, yeah and it comes around to be 51 per sq ft in this case.
    Digvijay, I am sure there must not be any law for this, but DDA society are different from this builder society (although Purvanchal has already handed over the society to RWA). DDA society are mostly co-operative society, little diff from these.
    amol8080, thanks for the reply.

So a useful bargaining chip for purchasing flat in resale cat. is transfer charges, one should make sure that owner pays a little part of it as well. But I wonder if govt has any say in this, as this is absolute exploitation of end user.
    One has to pay
    1. Transfer memorandum charges
    2. Stamp duty charges
    3. NOC from builder (this is charged as well)
    4. High Maintainance .....Phew!

No to mention, 14K additional on stamp duty brokerage fees and 10.5K additional fees on sale deed registration (at the time of transfer)
    CommentQuote
  • Transfer Charges Not listed in BBA, Noida

Hello,

I have a unit in Amrapali Zodiac which i am trying to sell.Amrapali is charging Rs 200/- sqft as transfer charges which are nowhere mentioned in the Builder buyer agreement signed. there is a section in BBA which have following point

=============
    Transfer/substitution of allottee in agreement shall be allowed in such terms & conditions as it may deem fit including payment of administrative charges etc.

=============

Can builder charge anything on the basis of above point? Or i can have a legal course of action for builder?
    CommentQuote
  • Seniors, please reply!
    CommentQuote
  • Transfer charges-Money sucking by Noida Builders

This is in regard to the flat that I hold in HOMES121 owned by Ajnara & Gulshan homes. Recently I was planning to sell this flat and to my surprise the builder has put undue conditions in front of me making me feel cheated. the points that he told me :

- No late penalty i.e. Approx Rs 1,20,000 will be given to me if I sell my flat. This amount belongs to me and builder has no right to stop the same.

- Builder is charging an undue amount of approx Rs 200,000 for the gain that i have in that flat. i booked the flat at 3000 and now the circle rate are 4000. He is asking me 20% of the increased amount to be paid to him.

I feel like taking a legal action against the builder.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by tarun441
    This is in regard to the flat that I hold in HOMES121 owned by Ajnara & Gulshan homes. Recently I was planning to sell this flat and to my surprise the builder has put undue conditions in front of me making me feel cheated. the points that he told me :

- No late penalty i.e. Approx Rs 1,20,000 will be given to me if I sell my flat. This amount belongs to me and builder has no right to stop the same.

- Builder is charging an undue amount of approx Rs 200,000 for the gain that i have in that flat. i booked the flat at 3000 and now the circle rate are 4000. He is asking me 20% of the increased amount to be paid to him.

I feel like taking a legal action against the builder.

Have you read the BBA you have signed with builder? What does it say about late penalty and transfer? That is the only legal document you have. Baki sab builder ki maherbani ke upar!!!
    CommentQuote
  • It does state that they will charge an amount of Rs 100 as transfer charges. Other than that whatever I mentioned above, I came to know from them only. They are just crooks. Any help what can I do to overcome this scenario.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by tarun441
    It does state that they will charge an amount of Rs 100 as transfer charges. Other than that whatever I mentioned above, I came to know from them only. They are just crooks. Any help what can I do to overcome this scenario.

You can take them to consumer court if they cause you undue harassment to stall your sale. However, I believe the possession is due very soon. You should wait and get the possession as after that builder can do nothing to stop you from selling.
    At the end of the day, all these builders (esp. in NCR) are nothing but small-time crooks who have no interest in customer support and satisfaction. It is these cocky ones who would have to shut shop soon.
    CommentQuote
  • I am selling my apartment in greater Noid and the broker says that the Transfer Memorandum charges are to be borne by the seller. Is this correct ? Because it works out to approximately 1.5 lacs . Moreover, I believe that some addl under the table charges are also involved ? Can anyone please clarify
    CommentQuote