Collapse

Loan comparison CLP on Tranche EMI vs Downpayment with discount

Last updated: August 21 2016
38 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re : Loan comparison CLP on Tranche EMI vs Downpayment with discount

@Venky, first and farmost, kudos to you to bring this topic on IREF, you always been inspirational for most of us.

Quick things, did you get the Tranche experience now, does things have been changed in 2013 i.e. what all banks have been started etc.?

I am in process of starting the home loan and figuring out the best possible option and looking for 30L loan for 20 years as of now and may opt for more later.

amjamirs2 - xls is password protected (the one shared in Pune's forum), can't change anything, do you know the one?

Comment

It is better to pay EMI on the disbursed amount than EMI of whole sanctioned loan.

If you can collect funds by doing so, u can pay the next installment to builder from your own funds. (I.e. you are not going to disburse the whole loan, I suppose there will be no problem to bank if one is taking less loan than the sanctioned initially)

Why to take more loans & pay more EMI, Simply take fewer loans & pay less EMI

Comment

Yeah Deep, I was thinking on the same way because essentially I have to pay later installments to the builder from my pocket which only can be done by PEMI option.

Comment

Found this to be a very interesting discussion. I would like to add one more scenario. I am planning for a residential plot. Now with flats we all know even if the builder says 3 years as delivery time it is bound to >4 years( specially North India). However with the case of plots the only delay is in starting the work. Once started the it takes hardly take 6 months to put things in place. Now lets say DP cost is 33 lacs and CLP cost is 36 lacs. So even if we assume the worst case scenario of 3 years for possession of plot will it be advantageous to buy it in CLP?

Comment

Anybody can share or upload same excel ? I am not able to download.
            Last edited by Malvish; August 19 2016, 03:17 PM.

Comment

Same problem faced here - not able to download the excel, can veterans please share once more? and in a non-password protected sheet if possible?
              Last edited by Malvish; August 19 2016, 03:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by legolas09 View Post
                Same problem faced here - not able to download the excel, can veterans please share once more? and in a non-password protected sheet if possible?
                You have to request for permissions from the google docs holder.

Comment

folks - i have taken a humble attempt at trying to build this out but not entirely sure I am doing this correctly. Can you guys please review once and let me know if I am missing something.

Let me know if you face any issues in playing around with this - need your valuable inputs soon as I need to decide quickly for my home loan.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                  Working...
                  X