9 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by charming_arpit
    Thats a great news...

Yes. At least we will have a good debate from both sides of the table.

However, till it is resolved, I think this will add confusion on the payments to the builder.
    CommentQuote
  • Woohoo!

Originally Posted by mobilizedport
    Yes. At least we will have a good debate from both sides of the table.

However, till it is resolved, I think this will add confusion on the payments to the builder.

Atlast, someone is on the buyer's side! As long as the issue is in Court, the payments to the builder should go as earlier planned. :bab (22):
    CommentQuote
  • Exactly, trublu, if you give the builder the service tax if he demands it, you will never see it again and govt will also never see it.

It will become pocket money for the builder.

All who have booked in NOIDA must resist and not pay anything demanded by builder on "service tax".

Its a bloody disservice from the govt and builder both
    CommentQuote
  • The article rightly mention
    "MHCI pleaded that the sale of a unit in a complex, as per the settled law of transfer of property, is not a service. Accordingly, sale by the builder should not be treated as a service, it added."

Govt. has become insane in charging service tax on literally everything diminishing difference between sale and service!!!
    CommentQuote
  • You are correct Venky. I think even media was involved in this. They informed only two days before impositon of this tax in media so that people could not evade this tax by paying earlier. I got service tax demand letter from my builder Logix. I just mailed the following to Logix and denied paying any service tax to them. You can also e-mail the same contents to your builder to avoid paying the service tax for now:

Hi,

There has been a stay order imposed by the high court on collection of service tax on properties under construction on 28th July, 2010. Below is the link for the same:

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...ow/6229282.cms

Please go through the contents of this link as it is news published in economic times yesterday.
    I personally feel that Logix Group should not be asking/demanding for any service tax until there is complete clarity over the service tax issue. With the imposition of the stay order by the high court, I will not be willing to pay any amount as a service tax to Logix.

Please confirm.

Thanks
    Arpit Agarwal

Originally Posted by Venkytalks
    Exactly, trublu, if you give the builder the service tax if he demands it, you will never see it again and govt will also never see it.

It will become pocket money for the builder.

All who have booked in NOIDA must resist and not pay anything demanded by builder on "service tax".

Its a bloody disservice from the govt and builder both
    CommentQuote
  • say no to ST

Its time for all to stand collectively and deny any payment towards ST..at least for the time being when things are not clear..
    CommentQuote
  • Thats real gud news :)...

Next hearing is on 3rd August.. lets see the outcome.
    CommentQuote
  • Any updates???
    CommentQuote