Hi,

I am an NRI planning to make an investment of 60 Lakhs(approx) in a 3BHK flat in NCR region purely from an investment perspective only as of now. But for the past few days I am really confused as to where to invest in NCR???
1. Delhi is really unaffordable and expensive
2. Gurgaon and Noida both look promising

I am really confused between Gurgaon and Noida.

In Gurgaon only some of the new projects look lucrative. Likes of Vatika, EMAAR look good.
In Noida, apart from 3C and Logix I dont see value in investing in Jaypee considering the uncertainty and risks involved...

But the bigger question lingering is where to invest Gurgaon or Noida??

I have seen lot of posts on the forum here where people say Noida is good for longer term investment of 6-10 yrs whereas Gurgaon is for a immediate return property...

But want to understand what is in store in Noida/Greater Noida in the coming years apart from the express way project, cricket stadium, racing track etc.. considering only BPO companies are setting up their new offices in Noida whereas Gurgaon already has quite a good number of good companies not only BPO's.
I do understand that Noida has lot of future development happening in comparison to Gurgaon but doesn't that mean that Gurgaon will develop more and more as it is already in a developed state?

What is the value addition in investing in Noida/Greater Noida? considering Nodia has been developing before Gurgaon & in spite of that we have not seen the growth that would have been expected from this place.
Blame it to the govt. or the lack of companies but thats a fact, since Noida was setup in early 90's but still it has still not developed compared to Gurgaon? Why?

One can blame it on the UP govt. but if thats the case then how is the future different from the present or the last decade that has been so far?
I personally feel Noida might be a better livable place but is that it to it? since commercially Gurgaon may still be more viable..
Some people argue that this was done deliberately by the Central govt to develop Gurgaon first to ensure the infrastructure in Noida/GN is all in place before shifting the focus there. I dont know what to believe?

Everyone says Noida/GN is good in long run? But how can people be so certain? Is it because of influx of major co's not only BPO's coming in Noida/GN, the major projects(cricket stadium, racing track) being built? or something totally different?

Please advice as it will really help me in taking an objective decision..
Read more
Reply
45 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Gurgaon V/s noida

    Really the prices are touching roof in Gurgaon and Noida, I am not sure whether this will continue in the future. I think the prices in both the places will saturate and will not grow beyond a point, since people will start moving further away to areas of Manesar and Greater Noida, a shift which has already started. of course the big buyers will shed more to stay the prime location but they will not be in abundance.

    I think the key now is NOT to get into project with already high prices & of course NOT compromising on quality and location as well..
    A perfect example that I have seen for my budget and kind of investment in Gurgaon is:
    1. Vatika V/s Orris : Vatika is an old project though good but expensive(especially floors) compared to Orris which is new. May be in the longer run Vatika will grow more than Orris but it is negated by the high EMI and interest that you pay upfront.

    Is it safe to say that in the longer run as well Gurgaon will always have an upper edge over Noida in terms of pricing? especially because Noida will have abundant supply in coming yrs.
    So, the chances of getting the maximum gain can only be possible:
    If you invest in Gurgaon, a good (fresh booking one), descent builder with assurance of good quality...

    I dont know how Orris in Gurgaon is for that matter or Logix Blossom in Noida?
    CommentQuote
  • Skyhello,

    Your information about both Noida and Gurgaon is correct.

    Orris Aster court had a prelaunch price of Rs.2350 and heard that today they have increased the price to Rs.2650. So you have lost an opportunity of at least Rs.300psf if you book your flat now. https://www.indianrealestateforum.com/forum/city-forums/ncr-real-estate/gurgaon-real-estate/9869-orris-aster-court-vs-orris-carnation-by-orris-infrastructure-gurgaon/page18?t=12247&page=18

    I suggest you to better wait and find information of new launches from Class A builder in the next few months. There would be enough opportunities on table as festival season is coming up. So don't hurry and don't leverage yourself too much in the high interest rates and high inflation economic scenario.
    CommentQuote
  • Book bestech

    Buy Bestech in sec 81 , Gurgaon in pre-launch....:bab (4):
    CommentQuote
  • Gurgaon V/s noida

    Ok, do u have the launch date of this project? or details? as i couldnt find floor plans and project details.. on the web
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by skyhello
    Ok, do u have the launch date of this project? or details? as i couldnt find floor plans and project details.. on the web


    it is expected 2 b launched anytime . till than no correct info available. all guess work..
    CommentQuote
  • Just be in contact with a few good brokers of Gurgaon or and Noida. Many new projects r being launched, especially in the forthcoming festival season.

    Try investing in a pre launch, with a reputed builder.

    Orris has received a good response because of the low price it offered. I have not personally invested in Orris, since was not sure about the builder. Will have to wait & watch , to see Orris deliveries & quality. Vatika's project has been much delayed, but understand they would be starting construction within this year. Have not invested in Noida yet & i am not much aware of the Noida RE scene.


    Originally Posted by skyhello
    Really the prices are touching roof in Gurgaon and Noida, I am not sure whether this will continue in the future. I think the prices in both the places will saturate and will not grow beyond a point, since people will start moving further away to areas of Manesar and Greater Noida, a shift which has already started. of course the big buyers will shed more to stay the prime location but they will not be in abundance.

    I think the key now is NOT to get into project with already high prices & of course NOT compromising on quality and location as well..
    A perfect example that I have seen for my budget and kind of investment in Gurgaon is:
    1. Vatika V/s Orris : Vatika is an old project though good but expensive(especially floors) compared to Orris which is new. May be in the longer run Vatika will grow more than Orris but it is negated by the high EMI and interest that you pay upfront.

    Is it safe to say that in the longer run as well Gurgaon will always have an upper edge over Noida in terms of pricing? especially because Noida will have abundant supply in coming yrs.
    So, the chances of getting the maximum gain can only be possible:
    If you invest in Gurgaon, a good (fresh booking one), descent builder with assurance of good quality...

    I dont know how Orris in Gurgaon is for that matter or Logix Blossom in Noida?
    CommentQuote
  • One of my known person booked LPRS2850(CLP) one month back...Are you sure rates are increasing day by day ? Only those projects which are 70%++ sold off have luxary to increase the price, as their 100% cost is recovered by selling 70% of flats.

    Originally Posted by alokgarg
    My thinking is days of doubling price in one year are gone. but good location project will see increase in price around 20% per year. case in point are 3C projects. company is increasing booking price little by little continuously and flats are getting booked very fast. LB started at 2900 and now booking price is 3800. resale is around 3600 for decent location flat. I tried to buy there in resale before going to LP. Even in LP booking started at 3050 and now its around 3350. and if we trust 3C employees, it will be 3450 next month.My thinking is days of doubling price in one year are gone. but good location project will see increase in price around 20% per year. case in point are 3C projects. company is increasing booking price little by little continuously and flats are getting booked very fast. LB started at 2900 and now booking price is 3800. resale is around 3600 for decent location flat. I tried to buy there in resale before going to LP. Even in LP booking started at 3050 and now its around 3350. and if we trust 3C employees, it will be 3450 next month.
    CommentQuote
  • Gurgaon V/s noida

    I can see some guild builders in the NH-8 area compared to the Dwarka express way...
    Though a lot are at both the places I think the potential is at NH-8 more than dwarka express way...

    With respect to Noida/GN, I can see >20 projects underway only in the express way area (way above the NH8) which seems to suggest that there will be abundant supply in the coming 5 yrs which might make that investment not that hot..
    but that might also mean that place will have greater demand compared to NH-8, only time can say...

    So, I think..
    1. Dwarka expressway is a NO
    2. NH-8 quite promising and positive compared to Noida expressway...

    Now with respect to the projects currently Orris is giving the best value for money not sure about bestech but guess it will be 3400 bracket anyways. Vatika is already very expensive...
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by skyhello
    I can see some guild builders in the NH-8 area compared to the Dwarka express way...
    Though a lot are at both the places I think the potential is at NH-8 more than dwarka express way...

    With respect to Noida/GN, I can see >20 projects underway only in the express way area (way above the NH8) which seems to suggest that there will be abundant supply in the coming 5 yrs which might make that investment not that hot..
    but that might also mean that place will have greater demand compared to NH-8, only time can say...

    So, I think..
    1. Dwarka expressway is a NO
    2. NH-8 quite promising and positive compared to Noida expressway...

    Now with respect to the projects currently Orris is giving the best value for money not sure about bestech but guess it will be 3400 bracket anyways. Vatika is already very expensive...


    i think you wait 4 some time & pick from Bestech , Godrej sec 80 or Vigneshwara sec 74 ( details not yet known )
    CommentQuote
  • i am sure about 3C projects. as i tried to buy a flat in resale in lotus boulevard before going for lotus panache

    Originally Posted by luckysir
    One of my known person booked LPRS2850(CLP) one month back...Are you sure rates are increasing day by day ? Only those projects which are 70%++ sold off have luxary to increase the price, as their 100% cost is recovered by selling 70% of flats.
    CommentQuote
  • Gurgaon V/s Noida

    I just hope bestech is worth the wait with good floor plans cause I have heard pricing is going to be 3400.. any news on the launch date?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by skyhello
    I just hope bestech is worth the wait with good floor plans cause I have heard pricing is going to be 3400.. any news on the launch date?


    There would be a inaugural discount of Rs. 250-350 psf. Expected date of launch is Mid September (could also be further delayed by the builder to coincide with the beginning of Festival season )
    CommentQuote
  • Below are the numbers of 99acres which shows number of posting for Sale in these regions, will it be helpful to analyze the market direction in these regions, if yes what's your opinion.

    Gurgaon
    Resale (8614)
    New (2449)

    Noida
    Resale (3119)
    New (2808)

    Ghaziabad
    New (2298)
    Resale (2032)

    Faridabad
    Resale (1872)
    New (940)
    CommentQuote
  • As per my view on this supply is a bigger issue in gurgaon as every buyer is becoming a seller in few days. So consumption of flats are very less by end users whereas more end users are purchasing in Noida region which are not looking to sell these in near future.

    This type of investor buying can only give short term profit but really harmful for a long term investor and good chances to stuck with their investment.
    CommentQuote
  • Members please comment on the below if you feel its good to understand Demand/Supply in Gurgaon.

    Originally Posted by nkg_8
    Below are the numbers of 99acres which shows number of posting for Sale in these regions, will it be helpful to analyze the market direction in these regions, if yes what's your opinion.

    Gurgaon
    Resale (8614)
    New (2449)

    Noida
    Resale (3119)
    New (2808)

    Ghaziabad
    New (2298)
    Resale (2032)

    Faridabad
    Resale (1872)
    New (940)
    CommentQuote