Hi,

I am an NRI planning to make an investment of 60 Lakhs(approx) in a 3BHK flat in NCR region purely from an investment perspective only as of now. But for the past few days I am really confused as to where to invest in NCR???
1. Delhi is really unaffordable and expensive
2. Gurgaon and Noida both look promising

I am really confused between Gurgaon and Noida.

In Gurgaon only some of the new projects look lucrative. Likes of Vatika, EMAAR look good.
In Noida, apart from 3C and Logix I dont see value in investing in Jaypee considering the uncertainty and risks involved...

But the bigger question lingering is where to invest Gurgaon or Noida??

I have seen lot of posts on the forum here where people say Noida is good for longer term investment of 6-10 yrs whereas Gurgaon is for a immediate return property...

But want to understand what is in store in Noida/Greater Noida in the coming years apart from the express way project, cricket stadium, racing track etc.. considering only BPO companies are setting up their new offices in Noida whereas Gurgaon already has quite a good number of good companies not only BPO's.
I do understand that Noida has lot of future development happening in comparison to Gurgaon but doesn't that mean that Gurgaon will develop more and more as it is already in a developed state?

What is the value addition in investing in Noida/Greater Noida? considering Nodia has been developing before Gurgaon & in spite of that we have not seen the growth that would have been expected from this place.
Blame it to the govt. or the lack of companies but thats a fact, since Noida was setup in early 90's but still it has still not developed compared to Gurgaon? Why?

One can blame it on the UP govt. but if thats the case then how is the future different from the present or the last decade that has been so far?
I personally feel Noida might be a better livable place but is that it to it? since commercially Gurgaon may still be more viable..
Some people argue that this was done deliberately by the Central govt to develop Gurgaon first to ensure the infrastructure in Noida/GN is all in place before shifting the focus there. I dont know what to believe?

Everyone says Noida/GN is good in long run? But how can people be so certain? Is it because of influx of major co's not only BPO's coming in Noida/GN, the major projects(cricket stadium, racing track) being built? or something totally different?

Please advice as it will really help me in taking an objective decision..
Read more
45 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • If these figures r correct, it clearly states that there r negligible buyers in the market & the current market is dominated by the sellers . Many of us have been saying something similar .

But the figures look too lopsided, what is the authenticity of these figures, nkg_8 ?
    CommentQuote
  • You can check the same by opening 99acres site & selecting these locations with All residential selection you will see how many are posted on the top.
    CommentQuote
  • No, nkg_8, what i am saying is that, what is the credibility of the sites, giving these figures ? I bet, there would be many other sites, giving totally different figures .
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by nkg_8
    Members please comment on the below if you feel its good to understand Demand/Supply in Gurgaon.

99acres posts very limited info, also it is paid posting
    ANyway my observations on your figures-
    -Gurgaon is full of investors
    -Other dont have much buyers
    :D
    CommentQuote
  • I believe this site is most popular in NCR for sellers/Brokers to post their advertisement. Yes, the figure is not authentic in terms of same add can be posted 10 times but I see some huge difference in New to Resale ratio in gurgaon. Which makes me think that supply is an issue with Gurgaon rather than Noida because of no actual users.
    CommentQuote
  • If we compare prices & options of Noida with cities like Bangalore, Chennai, Pune, Gurgaon, Faridabad, Ghaziabad, Lucknow or any other developing cities in India then you will see Noida is the best Investment region. Supply could be a issue for investors but Best time for Users. Even supply issue will only remain for a short term till the time investors have sure about their returns in the Noida Region. This will be proven as a best investment region after 3-5 years if developments moves in the right direction(Both Builder side & Govt side).
    CommentQuote
  • Noida is a big NO NO for investment, for end users it could be decent ( infra. is pretty good ), if the oversupply does not kill the goose, before it turns golden .
    CommentQuote
  • Not able to understand the logic actually, a place which is considered as good for user how could be it is "NO" for a investor.

Investors are of multiple type :

High Risk (Example: Direct Share Investments)
    Medium Risk (Mutual Fund, ULIP etc)
    Low Risk or No risk (PPF, FD, Bank)

I feel, same in real estate investors are of different types, people with no risk normally go with ready to Move IN and start living (FD type)

Other thinks that his money should increase better than FD but should not do down a lot like stocks. For them Noida upcoming projects are the best place as per my understanding

Other thinks it should be doubled in 6 months to 1 year like in stocks and if they are ready to see ups & downs (Gurgaon).

For people looking for steady returns & ready to take some risk, would you suggest those investors to enter into Noida.

Originally Posted by MANOJa
    Noida is a big NO NO for investment, for end users it could be decent ( infra. is pretty good ), if the oversupply does not kill the goose, before it turns golden .
    CommentQuote
  • The logic is simple, infra. is better in Noida & it is much cheaper than GGN, so a better place for end users . If u r looking to invest there, appreciation is so so, & may actually go negative, sometime at a later stage, when the devil of oversupply starts rearing its head .

Not much logic in this, i suppose . Yes. if u r looking at FD or lower kind of returns, Noida is Ok, but if u r looking to make better than that, it is a definite NO NO .
    CommentQuote
  • I am worried about if NCR users will keep on purchasing in Noida, then Gurgaon Investors will sell to whom.:bab (4):

The logic is simple, infra. is better in Noida & it is much cheaper than GGN, so a better place for end users . If u r looking to invest there, appreciation is so so, & may actually go negative, sometime at a later stage, when the devil of oversupply starts rearing its head .

Not much logic in this, i suppose . Yes. if u r looking at FD or lower kind of returns, Noida is Ok, but if u r looking to make better than that, it is a definite NO NO .
    CommentQuote
  • Here is an article, which is GGN specific -

Gurgaon

Above is as per conservative estimates & did not much take into account the affect on the population growth, because of the ever increasing/growing industries in Manesar . Actual population growth is expected to be much higher .
    CommentQuote
  • You are driving using the rear view mirror.
    Your predictions are based on the events of the past and may not hold true for future.

If the market has to go down from here, the end users of Noida will not be hurt the same way as the investors of Gurgaon assuming both have invested in the last few months.
    CommentQuote
  • Yes, u could be right, i may be driving using the rear view mirror, but my analysis is based on certain facts & data, what u r saying is pure crystal gazing & trying to predict the future.

These r my views, but u could be right too . It's an individuals take & call .
    CommentQuote
  • I also believe that Builders of gurgaon who are fixing the price of a new launch have already done some market study and bullish on Gurgaon market. May be they are well aware with future developments by Govt side, about which we are not aware right now.

But a huge difference in prices & infra will not sustain too long. Either Noida will cover up or Gurgaon will go down.

Yes, u could be right, i may be driving using the rear view mirror, but my analysis is based on certain facts & data, what u r saying is pure crystal gazing & trying to predict the future.

These r my views, but u could be right too . It's an individuals take & call .
    CommentQuote
  • I do not know, as to when & by how much GGN will go down, but Noida would take a long time to cover up .
    CommentQuote