Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do Ground Floor and First Floor Flats Pose Higher Security Risks?

Collapse
X
Collapse

Do Ground Floor and First Floor Flats Pose Higher Security Risks?

Last updated: January 21 2016
72 | Posts
10768 | Views
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do Ground Floor and First Floor Flats Pose Higher Security Risks?

Hi Guys

I need ur opinion on First Floor. Do you feel, It has security risk as anyone can climb to the balcony.

In case if someone has stayed on first floor , then please share ur experience ...

nibha
    Last edited by MANOJa; January 8 2016, 08:04 AM. Reason: Text formatting.

Re : Do Ground Floor and First Floor Flats Pose Higher Security Risks?

I always thought ground floor and first floor apartments are bad security wise. you have to keep your balcony closed all the time(for security reason and becuase of mosquitoes). my ideal apartment will be on 3rd floor. not too high (in case lift is not working, you can climb stairs). and high enough so that someone will not be able to climb in balcony and amount of mosquitoes decrease with height.

Comment

Ground floor - Big yes. The reason any passer by can peek into your house. You can't leave that vacant for long duration at a stretch. Very risky.

First floor - Less than Ground but still yes. The reason is easy stair case access that causes unwanted people movement on first/second floors and also can help in runaway easily. And of course, balcony access is easy and can't keep windows open all time for security/noise reasons. I live on first floor.

Comment

yes

yes first floor and ground floor have security risk in not in closed society.... else less security risk in closed society ... but u provide options to other to peek in ur house... for that u need to always have ur windows and doors closed .. with curtains...

Comment

Originally posted by alokgarg View Post
          I always thought ground floor and first floor apartments are bad security wise. you have to keep your balcony closed all the time(for security reason and becuase of mosquitoes). my ideal apartment will be on 3rd floor. not too high (in case lift is not working, you can climb stairs). and high enough so that someone will not be able to climb in balcony and amount of mosquitoes decrease with height.

Agree totally eith this
          Venky (Please read watch a or before posting)

Comment

Actually I booked first floor ,since the PLC was same for first and second(How dumb I was ), but now I am having second thoughts about it.

Since in Logix County the First floor is not even 10 feet high.

Either I will have to go for a full length grill on possession or need to put some other kind of security device ...

I am more worried about the access through Balcony ...

Comment

Originally posted by nibha View Post
              Actually I booked first floor ,since the PLC was same for first and second(How dumb I was ), but now I am having second thoughts but it.
              Since in Logix County the First floor is not even 10 feet high.
              Either I will have to go for a full length grill on possession or need to put some other kind of security device ...
              I am more worried about the access through Balcony ...
              Not really - you will find it easier to sell

All balconies need grill anyway - to keep children from falling

Comment

I mean full length , top to bottom , so that no one can enter it from out side ...
                I am not sure , even that would be allowed as it would be a change in the facade ...

Originally posted by Venkytalks View Post
                Not really - you will find it easier to sell

All balconies need grill anyway - to keep children from falling

Comment

when I lived on 3rd floor I had a full length grill from top to bottom for kids - I will always have it in my flat - unsafe otherwise - kids play and get exited, cant trust their judgement

I plan to do it with or without society permission. One can also put in glazing for the same effect - but heats up in summer

Comment

i agree !!!
                    Originally posted by Venkytalks View Post
                    when I lived on 3rd floor I had a full length grill from top to bottom for kids - I will always have it in my flat - unsafe otherwise - kids play and get exited, cant trust their judgement

I plan to do it with or without society permission. One can also put in glazing for the same effect - but heats up in summer

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                    Working...
                    X