Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do Ground Floor and First Floor Flats Pose Higher Security Risks?

Collapse
X
Collapse

Do Ground Floor and First Floor Flats Pose Higher Security Risks?

Last updated: January 21 2016
72 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re : Do Ground Floor and First Floor Flats Pose Higher Security Risks?

The PLC in cities like Mumbai increases with the rise in floor. The higher floors are more in demand. Actually in multistory buildings....specially in cluster of flats it is advantageous to stay on higher floors. The feeling of claustrophobia is not there.....open to environment..sunlight and breeze....less noise of traffic as well as people moving around in common areas. My views..... Comments are invited !

Comment

I dont think society can stop you from putting grill. some people even put aluminum frames in their balconies to use it as store or increase space in adjoining room. but it doesn't look good. also if security in society(guards, checking etc.) is ok then you do not need grills. but privacy problems will still be there.
      Originally posted by nibha View Post
      I mean full length , top to bottom , so that no one can enter it from out side ...
      I am not sure , even that would be allowed as it would be a change in the facade ...

Comment

while all the points you mentioned are good, psychology is a big problem in Noida. people still think flats in high rise building risky(anything after 4th floor). price of lower floors appreciate more. this thinking is changing in recent times. I looked for resale apartment in sector 50 before booking in Lotus Panache. except for the topmost floor, difference in price was not much. people are starting to appreciate all the benefits of living at higher floor(especially younger generation).
        in my view, people prefer higher floor in Mumbai because of ocean view in addition to reasons you mentioned.

Originally posted by sunnyash View Post
        The PLC in cities like Mumbai increases with the rise in floor. The higher floors are more in demand. Actually in multistory buildings....specially in cluster of flats it is advantageous to stay on higher floors. The feeling of claustrophobia is not there.....open to environment..sunlight and breeze....less noise of traffic as well as people moving around in common areas. My views..... Comments are invited !

Comment

I am also looking for some project in Noida. Floor options in my case are above 10th, 11th.

Comment

!

what would you do if you are building a house on a plot? I have not seen many houses (independent built on a plt) having grills or any extra security measure to protect balconies from theft etc. Then why bother too much in a gated, secured apartment complex?

and waise there is no end to paranoia, as Venky said, grills become must from first floor onwards for kids security reason !

best regards,

Comment

Talking about thefts, no place or any floor is secured.

Grill protection for kids is must in all floors excepting ground floor.

So flat in any floor does not matter...........

Comment

on most of the kothis people cover backsides of their house completely with very high grill up to 2nd floor. and regarding balconies gate is opened only when you want to get out.similarly, if you keep your balcony gate closed in ground floor flat you wont have much security problem.
                Originally posted by 2.cents View Post
                what would you do if you are building a house on a plot? I have not seen many houses (independent built on a plt) having grills or any extra security measure to protect balconies from theft etc. Then why bother too much in a gated, secured apartment complex?

and waise there is no end to paranoia, as Venky said, grills become must from first floor onwards for kids security reason !

best regards,

Comment

Recently visited some society in GNoida...many first floors had extended grills in balconies..

I think some clause in LP- BBA does prevent owners from putting things like grill and all in house...
                  Last edited by MANOJa; January 8 2016, 08:05 AM. Reason: Text formatting.

Comment

Originally posted by alokgarg View Post
                    on most of the kothis people cover backsides of their house completely with very high grill up to 2nd floor. and regarding balconies gate is opened only when you want to get out.similarly, if you keep your balcony gate closed in ground floor flat you wont have much security problem.

There is an old saying;

You keep your valuables in your bed room.

One needs to cross (break-upon) atleast three doors to reach your bed room.

One compound gate, next grill gate and last being your house door..

These days thief break upon walls and roofs..........doors remain untouched.

Comment

I don't think they can enforce it , If u feel its a security issue , u will do whatever it takes to sort it out ...
                      Originally posted by Ranjit.jha View Post
                      Recently visited some society in GNoida...many first floors had extended grills in balconies..
                      I think some clause in LP- BBA does prevent owners from putting things like grill and all in house...

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X