Hi Guys

I need ur opinion on First Floor. Do you feel, It has security risk as anyone can climb to the balcony.

In case if someone has stayed on first floor , then please share ur experience ...

nibha
Read more
68 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by Munish Malhautra

My cousin stays on 24th floor of a 30-floor tower in Mumbai. His house is always cool and windy. He doesnt have to switch on his ACs (3 of them)at all. Wondering why he bought them. Good saving on electricity bills though:)

Yeah there would be better ventilation on upper floors ..but not sure about "cool wind" in NCR :)
    Pros/Cons of higher floors were once discussed in length in this thread.
    https://www.indianrealestateforum.com/forum/city-forums/ncr-real-estate/noida-real-estate/8105-apartments-with-floor-plc-good-option-or-bad?t=10493
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Ranjit.jha
    Yeah there would be better ventilation on upper floors ..but not sure about "cool wind" in NCR :)
    Pros/Cons of higher floors were once discussed in length in this thread.
    https://www.indianrealestateforum.com/forum/city-forums/ncr-real-estate/noida-real-estate/8105-apartments-with-floor-plc-good-option-or-bad?t=10493

Does anyone have any idea how equipped NA is to evacuate higher floors in case of emergencies like EQ or Fire? And even if they have equipments, can we expect them to reach on time. The lower floor looks better if such calamity are kept in mind.

Recently there was an incident in Kolkata where high rise building caught fire and many people could not escape.
    CommentQuote
  • Nearly the whole of Delhi lives in low rises, with hardly any gated complexes such as in noida, greater noida, gurgaon..etc..made by private builders.
    Thefts are most common in plot areas...no access control..and even if there is its not good..as in plotted areas labour movement continues for decades. Appartment complexes once finished donot have labour movement..the main reason behind petty thefts. I personally hate ground floor for other reasons...Priavcy problem, noise pollution from cars, etc, draingae problems and they get all the dirt from floors on top. First floor is as good as third or fifth floor..unless u are in an area which offers excellent views..like golf course..green belts, etc etc.
    In gated appartment complexes..safety is similar for all..but deifnately..ground floors have biggest problems...for sure...
    The thefts which take place in appartment complexes are nearly all..the brainwork of house maids, drivers, etc etc..someone who has access to the appartment. so whether u live on 20th floor or 1st floor..if u have no control over ur drivers and maids...problems will occur.

For security problems the worst affected are:
    1. Plot areas
    2. Appartments made by govt. like Noida authority, DDA

Builder socieities with gated communities are safer..unless u dont control drivers, maids. etc etc

Cheers
    CommentQuote
  • Its all about fate

After seeing all the comments from the members, I guess its more or less ur fate

Higher floor
    1) U might stay through out your life and nothing happens, no earthquake no fire etc

Lower floor
    1) U may again stay without any incidents ...

I guess no matter how much we argue , we cannot change what is destined to happens with us ...

All we can do is try to think logically and reduce our odds of such incidents ...

BTW Logix refused to change my floor so ...
    I guess the matter ends here ...

Thanks all for your active participation !!!
    Nibha
    CommentQuote
  • Well in my view gf sells at a premium easily since there are good no. of pros like clear view and access to the garden/ landscape, car parking accessible, good for aged/ retired people, no dependence on elevators, easy to move in and the list goes on.. however..qualify this with a bit of security issue and dust blowing etc. Not that much of an issue by the way in pvt developed colonies,..

I have a gf floor flat in LB by the way for which i had to pay 3 lac Rs premium and was not available with any of the brokers...
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by avn2010
    Does anyone have any idea how equipped NA is to evacuate higher floors in case of emergencies like EQ or Fire? And even if they have equipments, can we expect them to reach on time. The lower floor looks better if such calamity are kept in mind.

Recently there was an incident in Kolkata where high rise building caught fire and many people could not escape.

Earthquake - Normally these days building material is of good quality and proper EQ resistant norms are used so high-rises can sustain at least upto medium intensity quakes. If quakes is highly severe and center is in Noida/Delhi area then some of these may develop cracks and sloppy one might even collapse but this is calamity like situation and very unfortunate for everyone (lower or higher floor)

Fire - Most probable cause for multistory building to catch fire is electrical short-circuit. In residential high rises, usually electrical panel are located at basement or ground floor so lower floors will be first to get into it.
    Commercial buildings gets fire at top because heavy electrical equipments (like AC) and wiring or gas cylinders etc are kept at top floor or roof.
    Noida Fire equipments can't go beyond 4-5 floors, I'm sure about it but that isn't not the criteria to restrict tower heights across the world. Do you think Mumbai Fire Dept can reach top floor of 117 story new Lodha World One tower? I have attended fire drills at 55 story NY downtown building in which I was at 42nd floor. It was all about how to use staircase and not reach the window and how to jump at the hydraulic platform of Fire Dept.
    CommentQuote
  • I agree in most of the cases , ur building will shake/swing and nothing will happen ...
    But this thing can develop into a fear ...
    And In case of residential apartment, if fire is on the lower floor , then it almost impossible for higher floor people to come out using the building infrastructure (stairs/lift).
    I option is to move o the terrace and rescued through chopper or fire departments staircase ..

Originally Posted by alien
    Earthquake - Normally these days building material is of good quality and proper EQ resistant norms are used so high-rises can sustain at least upto medium intensity quakes. If quakes is highly severe and center is in Noida/Delhi area then some of these may develop cracks and sloppy one might even collapse but this is calamity like situation and very unfortunate for everyone (lower or higher floor)

Fire - Most probable cause for multistory building to catch fire is electrical short-circuit. In residential high rises, usually electrical panel are located at basement or ground floor so lower floors will be first to get into it.
    Commercial buildings gets fire at top because heavy electrical equipments (like AC) and wiring or gas cylinders etc are kept at top floor or roof.
    Noida Fire equipments can't go beyond 4-5 floors, I'm sure about it but that isn't not the criteria to restrict tower heights across the world. Do you think Mumbai Fire Dept can reach top floor of 117 story new Lodha World One tower? I have attended fire drills at 55 story NY downtown building in which I was at 42nd floor. It was all about how to use staircase and not reach the window and how to jump at the hydraulic platform of Fire Dept.
    CommentQuote
  • I live on ground floor in G+14 floor building .People are throwing garbage from upper floors . Servants are moving around in lawns with dogs for ..... I do not see any security concern as it is gated complex . I like it minus above points......
    CommentQuote
  • In multistoried apts, if fire is outside your flat, you remain inside.

If fire is inside your flat, you move out.

Ideally your front door should be fire proof.

Usually the lift/shaft wires catch fire. If you go out and take lift or stairs, high chances of dying by suffocation. In this situation better to stay inside.

If flames are leaping up from flat below and setting fire to your windows.curtains etc, move near the front door. Open and look outside. If smoke is there in the corridor, dont go out. Jam the cracks in door with wet towels to prevent smoke from coming in. Remove inflamables from the window area to prevent fire from coming inside your flat. Close the windows, douse it with water to prevent window from cracking.

Aluminium windows and fireproof steel core front doors are preferable from fire point of view.
    CommentQuote
  • How about keeping para shoot in your flat :bab (59):. Ha ha ha...
    For who buying 4BHK, buy 2BHK at first floor and another 2BHK at 18th floor in same building.
    Enjoy both world.....in Morning get ready at first floor for office and in evening go on 18th floor... have cup of tea in Balcony viewing the city.

Top floors are much better for office works, meetings, work from home....

Let's assume all is well.. I won't mind buying flat at top floors if sufficient no. of lift in building.

But will be nightmare if 8 flat per floor and 20 story and only 2 lift and that also local quality which goes down frequently....

Example, I won't mind at DLF building at 20th floor but a 20th floor flat of local builder... no way...

Security issue largely depend on area and overall security management of complex. so might be 5% more risk at 1st floor but nothing more than that...
    CommentQuote
  • This is true, I used to live in on 6th floor in sector 62 and a servant from neighboring flat used to throw dog feces in garbage shoot, which used to stink up the ground floor a lot. one Bengali babu at ground floor did the spy-work and there was a lot of fighting about it. one fine Saturday morning was destroyed because of all the fighting noise
    Originally Posted by tinesha
    I live on ground floor in G+14 floor building .People are throwing garbage from upper floors . Servants are moving around in lawns with dogs for ..... I do not see any security concern as it is gated complex . I like it minus above points......
    CommentQuote
  • Ground Floor is always not that good for living in a mulistory building, you will face problems of this sort. But I do not see any security issues on 1st Floor. It is very convenient to move in an out of your apartment.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by realvic
    But I do not see any security issues on 1st Floor. It is very convenient to move in an out of your apartment.
    Flip side of this convenience - Not only for residents but also for burglars.
    CommentQuote
  • Unless people start staying in multistory buildings........that to in a huge housing complex...they will not realize the associated problems of lower floors!!
    CommentQuote
  • and upper floors
    Originally Posted by sunnyash
    Unless people start staying in multistory buildings........that to in a huge housing complex...they will not realize the associated problems of lower floors!!
    CommentQuote