Hi Guys

I need ur opinion on First Floor. Do you feel, It has security risk as anyone can climb to the balcony.

In case if someone has stayed on first floor , then please share ur experience ...

nibha
Read more
68 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by alien
    Flip side of this convenience - Not only for residents but also for burglars.

If Gated Complex & Entry is properly managed than security risk is almost zero . One can have Excellent living style on Ground floor . :bab (6):
    CommentQuote
  • Any well managed gated complex would have negligible security risks for any of the floors.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by nibha
    and upper floors

Nibha, People in NCR DO NOT prefer upper floors that simply means they already know the disadvantages of upper floors.
    But they won't know that some of the problems at lower floors will NOT be at upper floors unless people start living in those high-rises. Change of mindset takes time.
    CommentQuote
  • I agree
    What I meant was , unless u will live in a building u will not get to know the pros and cons of upper and lower floors...

Originally Posted by alien
    Nibha, People in NCR DO NOT prefer upper floors that simply means they already know the disadvantages of upper floors.
    But they won't know that some of the problems at lower floors will NOT be at upper floors unless people start living in those high-rises. Change of mindset takes time.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by nibha
    I agree
    What I meant was , unless u will live in a building u will not get to know the pros and cons of upper and lower floors...

I was afraid of shifting 2 india but when I started living here than I found that living style inside gated complex specially on ground floor is even better than Europe.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by tinesha
    I was afraid of shifting 2 india but when I started living here than I found that living style inside gated complex specially on ground floor is even better than Europe.

Refreshing to hear that people are more happy to settle back to India else we have been seeing all sorts of cribbing from people who came back from west.:bab (5):

Tinesha can u also put in give detailed experiences on how and why u have felt that living in a gated complex in India(NCR)has been better than Europe? it will be good for those who are going to live in an aptt for the 1st time:)

thanx
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Munish Malhautra
    Refreshing to hear that people are more happy to settle back to India else we have been seeing all sorts of cribbing from people who came back from west.:bab (5):

Tinesha can u also put in give detailed experiences on how and why u have felt that living in a gated complex in India(NCR)has been better than Europe? it will be good for those who are going to live in an aptt for the 1st time:)

thanx

We need 2 have non-stop water , power , security , club , zym , swimming pool , good neighbour , park , some open green space to have good life style at home . We had all this in Europe but we were all alone there & were missing our family too much .
    CommentQuote
    We need 2 have non-stop water , power , security , club , zym , swimming pool , good neighbour , park , some open green space to have good life style at home . We had all this in Europe but we were all alone there & were missing our family too much .

Yes thats true. Family is the most important factor for all of us when we go abroad and pulls us back. If u have any positive experience of staying in an aptt please share with us. BTW are u having all the above facilities that u mentioned in your current house here?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Munish Malhautra
    Yes thats true. Family is the most important factor for all of us when we go abroad and pulls us back. If u have any positive experience of staying in an aptt please share with us. BTW are u having all the above facilities that u mentioned in your current house here?

Yes all these facilities are available in our society . We donot feel alone in apartment & feel part of big family where we celebrate all our festivals together ..
    CommentQuote
    Yes all these facilities are available in our society . We donot feel alone in apartment & feel part of big family where we celebrate all our festivals together ..

Great and thanx for giving positive thoughts.:)
    CommentQuote
  • CommentQuote
  • CommentQuote
  • i have also a flat on ground floor
    there is no security issue
    because there is a high security system

So don't worry first check the security system in the community
    CommentQuote
  • Privacy issues in ground floor , you cant open your curtains
    CommentQuote
  • I guess lift and hot weather are the only issues of top floor. That too lift issue is same for floor above 4th as one cannot use stairs often.

These days have heard builders do some roof proofing which reduces heat problem in top floors, any idea how effective is that?
    CommentQuote