Friends I will be getting possession of my flat next year in march 2011.

Could you please provide me list of documents I need to get from Builder during my possession of flat?

Also what are the checklist Items one should have before taking possession of ones flat from Builder.
Read more
6 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • You should have all these documents, which are given by builder before he hands you over the keys:

1. Allotment letter
    2. Agreement between you and builder
    3. Possession certificate copy
    4. Allotted Parking
    5. Tri partite agreement in case the builder took loan from bank to develop property
    6. Power back up details (usually given in Agreement)
    7. Full payment breakup, stating that you have NO dues
    8. Agreement by maintenance agency (which usually for first 2 years is a builders sister concern)
    9. lease deed (in noida, greater noida)- by govt.authority
    10. registry papers - by govt.authority

Now while taking possession..

1. take your time to check everything...once u sign that all good for possession u will not be able to get major work done
    2. switch on all lights and all points..check all in order
    3. check the meter installed..if its running o.k
    4. open all water arrangements
    5. check for hollow tiles
    6. take all sets of keys (usually the maintenance agency has one set..till u take over the property)
    7. check doors and windows. for cracks and loose setting
    8. if anyone living above or below you...its good as u will come to know about any seepage issues
    9. when u will run all taps..pay attention to drainage...spl if u r on ground floor
    10. For electricty its wise to hire an electrician for a day and ask him to check..they have all gadgets to tell u if the wiring is ok..or something needs to be done

I am telling you all this as if wiring is faulty or tiles problems...etc etc etc...u can get it done before u shift
    But unless ur builder is escellent...be prepared for teething issues

All the best

And pls remember..you building and all common facilities for ur appt shud be ready..then only u shud take posssession....
    iys incorrect when builder still making club...roads and asks u to take possession of ur flat...
    CommentQuote
  • very nicely explined...thanks zohaib.

sign possession documents only after physical verification. If incomplete works, make specific note in possession documents.

Never take possession until Building Completion Certificate is issued by competent authority.

Originally Posted by zohaib
    You should have all these documents, which are given by builder before he hands you over the keys:

1. Allotment letter
    2. Agreement between you and builder
    3. Possession certificate copy
    4. Allotted Parking
    5. Tri partite agreement in case the builder took loan from bank to develop property
    6. Power back up details (usually given in Agreement)
    7. Full payment breakup, stating that you have NO dues
    8. Agreement by maintenance agency (which usually for first 2 years is a builders sister concern)
    9. lease deed (in noida, greater noida)- by govt.authority
    10. registry papers - by govt.authority

Now while taking possession..

1. take your time to check everything...once u sign that all good for possession u will not be able to get major work done
    2. switch on all lights and all points..check all in order
    3. check the meter installed..if its running o.k
    4. open all water arrangements
    5. check for hollow tiles
    6. take all sets of keys (usually the maintenance agency has one set..till u take over the property)
    7. check doors and windows. for cracks and loose setting
    8. if anyone living above or below you...its good as u will come to know about any seepage issues
    9. when u will run all taps..pay attention to drainage...spl if u r on ground floor
    10. For electricty its wise to hire an electrician for a day and ask him to check..they have all gadgets to tell u if the wiring is ok..or something needs to be done

I am telling you all this as if wiring is faulty or tiles problems...etc etc etc...u can get it done before u shift
    But unless ur builder is escellent...be prepared for teething issues

All the best

And pls remember..you building and all common facilities for ur appt shud be ready..then only u shud take posssession....
    iys incorrect when builder still making club...roads and asks u to take possession of ur flat...
    CommentQuote
  • Can anyone please answer -What are the documents we generally get from the builder -1) At the time of payment of token amount2) At the time of payment of rest of 10% amount (10% - Token)3) At the time of payment of 30% (in flexi plan)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by gaurav1
    Can anyone please answer -What are the documents we generally get from the builder -1) At the time of payment of token amount2) At the time of payment of rest of 10% amount (10% - Token)3) At the time of payment of 30% (in flexi plan)

When you pay token, you get money receipt with your flat number written on it.

After you get Welcome Letter, you deposit balance of 10% and you agin get a money receipt.

You pay subsequent installments including 30% under flexi plan only after signing BBA.

A BBA has all details of your flat including specifications.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by RoyalMax
    very nicely explined...thanks zohaib.

sign possession documents only after physical verification. If incomplete works, make specific note in possession documents.

Never take possession until Building Completion Certificate is issued by competent authority.

what is this building completion certificate... do all builders(Big and small) provide this to the flat owner..
    ?

What if builder does not provide it?
    CommentQuote
  • Hello Experts - I have purchased a flat in Raigad district and the builder have sent me the possession notice. However the flat have leakage issues. I have reported the issues to the builder and they are saying they will fix this by Jan-2017 and asking me to take the possession - should I take the possession or wait for them to fix this? In addition to this can the froce me to pay the monthly maintenance charges to the society if I'm unable to take the possession due to avobe reason. The possession also delayed by one year do I have the option to claim the compensation for the delay - if yes what is the process and the success rate?
    CommentQuote
    1 Comments
    • sgho083 months ago
      You should not take possession of such property untill you are fully satisfied with whatever promised to you. The Builder cannot force you legally. Do check in your agreement if there is a force majeur clause in it. If it is there, there is less chances of getting a compensation for the delayed delivery of the property.