Helios by Sunshine Developers in Sector 78, Noida

Last updated: August 14 2017
4771 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re : Helios by Sunshine Developers in Sector 78, Noida

Originally posted by khalnayak View Post
    Praveen, are these your personal choices or these are some custom options that SSH is offering? Also, could you pls PM me?
    sorry friend, I like to discuss openly.

Comment

Originally posted by fatichar View Post
      These are my personal choices. They have not offered anything yet. Although I have heard that they would provide an option of installing video door .

I visited and found that a lot of wooden planks were there in tower B, and they were jot teak. I feel that at least for door frames, teak is a must, and should be provided by the builder for everyone. Sheasam is very costly and not a neccesity at all.

For your info...door frames (choukhat) are never made of teak or seasam wood. The best wood for door frames is "sal wood" which is bit expensive. Teak wood is used for doors and windows shutters (pallas) but needs to be polished (not painted).

Most builders use seasoned non-sal wood for door frames.

Iron grill door for front entrance is actually an additional door which you can easily instal at any time. No need to depend on builder for this.
      Last edited by SMJ2011; November 14 2011, 11:37 PM.

Comment

I have seen teak being used for frames. any reason this is bad? doesnt sal wood get deemak?

Comment

I have seen teak being used for frames. any reason this is bad? doesnt sal wood get deemak?

Choukhats take entire load of doors/ windows and sal wood is many times stronger than teak wood and is also deemak free.

Teak wood is a soft wood with natural grains and more suitable for furniture. Using teak wood for choukhats is a waste of money.

Comment

Most of the doors/boards in North India are made of poplar/eucalyptus trees, in west, pine is used frequently and in south rubber wood/hardwood is common.

Just forget about any builder will be giving anything other than this. What they do is that they put the frame of teak or similar and filling is all hardwood from poplar/eucalyptus.

Now a days flush doors are getting popular. Flush doors are just type of 30-35-40mm board with built-in frame made of pine, teak etc.

This is my trade and i know what is what.
            MM

Comment

MM, we were talking abt the Chaukhat, on which the door is hinged. I have no problem with door being hardwood.

Comment

sorry friend, I like to discuss openly.
                Thanks. Me too. I guess I confused you as those were two totally non-related requests.

The reason to pm was just to get to know and be in touch as a future neighbor who is literally going to live on top of me

Comment

do you have c-903 1575 booked?

Originally posted by khalnayak View Post
                  Thanks. Me too. I guess I confused you as those were two totally non-related requests.

The reason to pm was just to get to know and be in touch as a future neighbor who is literally going to live on top of me

Comment

MM, we were talking abt the Chaukhat, on which the door is hinged. I have no problem with door being hardwood.
                    Frame and chaukhat is the same terminology.
                    ya i know, i was trying to enlighten people about the discussion on choosing the kind of material for the doors of their flats. Please ensure that the material is from yamuna nagar and not from anywhere else.
                    Teak/shesham frames are good enough and pretty solid. yes sal is the best but not very common and builders will not spend additional money.
                    The quality of frame/chaukhat increases price of 1 door by 1000 rupees, which amounts to an additional Rs. 20Lac for an average 450-500 flat society, a builder( no matter who he is will never spend this additional money)
                    MM

Comment

MM, there are max 10 doors in my flat. so 10k is a small amount for a flat I bought for 48L. If they wanted to cut costs everywhere, they wouldnt have used such heavy iron grill on the balcony, which alone would have caused a diff of a few thousand, and a 6mm thick glass. I have mailed them regarding this, and have got a reply to wait for a reply

Comment

Tags: None
                      Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X