Collapse

Helios by Sunshine Developers in Sector 78, Noida

Last updated: August 14 2017
4771 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re : Helios by Sunshine Developers in Sector 78, Noida

I have been following this thread for more than 2 years now. I bought a 2850 sqft in SSH in late 2010 for self-use. Think that was the right decision. Now I want to put some money in real estate for investment purpose. Considering that I understand Noida's market better than Gurgaon, I have decided to invest in Noida with a time horizon of 2 years.

Pravin and other members please do share your perspective and advice on the following:

1. Do you think SSH would be delivered within 2013?

2. What is the most conservative price you can think of for SSH on possession?

3. This investment I am considering would be a combination of my own savings (33%) + bank loan (67%). Do you think it at all makes sense to invest money in property in Noida where 2/3rd of the flat cost is from a home loan.

4. The 2 options I am considering: 1575 SqFt in TowerB/C in SSH OR a 3BHK+servant in JayPee Kosmos. SSH's net per sqft cost (direct booking) is about 20% higher than JayPee Kosmos' net per sqft price in resale. If this SSH's cost was about 10% more than JayPee Kosmos then I wouldn't have even been considering Kosmos. But is 20% premium justified for SSH?? Kosmos has more or less similar ratio of carpet/super area ratio as SSH. SSH has bigger balconies but Kosmos has better layout overall. SSH surely has better specs, much lesser risk of timely possession than Kosmos. The other things that go in SSH favor are (i) bigger sized apartments on an average. (Infact if 1575 sqft apartments were not there then it could have been possible to position SSH in the luxury category.) (ii) Better gentry (iii)Ratio of "investors" to self-use buyers is much lesser. So the supply will always be limited. (iv) much lesser leg-work to buy the flat because buying in re-sale involves far more work than buying in direct booking.

5. Purely from investment point of view is Kosmos better located than SSH? SSH surely has a narrow approach road. Leaving that aside is Kosmos better located than Sector-78?

I would also like to share my own perspective on SSH since this is the only project I have studied in-depth:

- Sunshine will put its best effort to make Helios its showcase project. Like what ATS Greens Village (93A) is for ATS.

- The tower planning of Helios is surely inspired from ATS Paradiso Gr Noida. I wish the FAR and tower density was also same as Paradiso. The similarities are: (i) 2000 sqft flats are landscape facing and 1600 sq ft flats are outside facing. (ii) Flat sizes. 1600 --> 1575, 2000 --> 2050, 2800 --> 2850 and 3200 --> 2850 sq ft flats. Initially there was no plan for 2450 sqft flats in helios. Some calculations must have had forced the planning team to downsize 2850 sqft flats to 2450 sqft flats. (iii) In both projects, there are only 2flats per floor for size more than 2050. (iv) another similarity is that the woodwork in kitchen is part of the standard specs. But full modular kitchen (Hobb/chimney) is not and woodwork in bedrooms is not.

- I wish tower B, C and E had 3 lifts in each tower.

- Sunshine is among the very few projects in Noida which will provide an indoor badminton court. Outdoor badminton court doesn't involve any major investment but the indoor one does.

- After completion, this project will put Sunshine among the most reputed builders in Noida.

- The narrow width of approach road towards helios is certainly one of the biggest concern. Hope it doesn't turn out to be a big nuisance once the GHSocities on this road become fully habitated.

- If you plan to stay in the house then it makes sense to pay extra for double glass door. More than the noise reduction the double glass door would result in heat reduction in summers and hence lesser electricity bills. The net waala sliding door anyway makes a lot of sense because it would certainily be needed and the market cost for individual purchase and installation is higher than what is quoted by Sunshine.

- I am not impressed with the bathroom tiles options given by sunshine. The given options are too boring. Sunshine could surely have provided more exciting options in the same budget that they would end up spending on the current set of tiles.

- Have any of you noticed the fire sprinklers are being installed in the flats. I haven't seen any other builder spending money on providing fire sprinklers inside the flats. But what I am curious about is how would the pipes for supplying water to sprinklers be concealed.

PS: The reason I was not creating an account on IREF is to resist from spending too much time on participating in the forum. My fear was bang on

Thanks,
    Noidaite

Comment

Hi Vipulmails, Your opinion would be welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Pathan View Post
        I personally think Launching of commercial especially office spaces is not a excellent idea when a good reputation for residential was created. Not sure if the real aim of launchig commercial is altogether different.

if residential would have been launched, it would have got very good response.

PS: My own POV
        Certainly they saw some opportunity that we can't/couldn't. I think commercial is a different ballgame altogether and its dynamics are very different from that of residential. Maybe they placed the bet on the location.

Comment

Dfntly location is futurisitic near IT companies, Expressway, Hyatt.
          Launching commercial is not bad however investors like me would not like:

1) Office Space to invest
          2) Too much Price for Studio apt 505 sqft approx 50L
          3) Too much of loading

I talked to SSH today and came to know very soon they are launching new residential in sec 143 sizes are approx 1200 sqft. price not defined yet.

One thing is sure after Noida Extension flood, pricing, Loading of new project has to be competitive otherwise they have to struggle for selling residential units aswell, as they are struggling for commercial.

Originally posted by indianref View Post
          Certainly they saw some opportunity that we can't/couldn't. I think commercial is a different ballgame altogether and its dynamics are very different from that of residential. Maybe they placed the bet on the location.

Comment

well even the location of the proj is not too good as it is just a plot away from the cremeation grnd

sids

Comment

- Have any of you noticed the fire sprinklers are being installed in the flats. I haven't seen any other builder spending money on providing fire sprinklers inside the flats. But what I am curious about is how would the pipes for supplying water to sprinklers be concealed.

Thanks,
              Noidaite
              I had observed the same in Gaur grandeur phase#2 towers (which are 19 story high). I guess installation of water sprinklers are must for high rises as NA fire deptt may not have equipment to reach beyond say 14-15 floors? Gaur's phase1 towers are 12/13 story high and doesn't have water sprinklers installed.
              The pipes are concealed in false ceiling (looks kind of beam on every wall having these pipes.

Comment

Originally posted by ghanup View Post
                I had observed the same in Gaur grandeur phase#2 towers (which are 19 story high). I guess installation of water sprinklers are must for high rises as NA fire deptt may not have equipment to reach beyond say 14-15 floors? Gaur's phase1 towers are 12/13 story high and doesn't have water sprinklers installed.
                The pipes are concealed in false ceiling (looks kind of beam on every wall having these pipes.
                use of sprinklers(roof mounted/ wall mounted) is a must in all high rises. w/o these u will not get the NOC from the fire dept----- and consequently CC from NA.

the pipes coming 4m wet risers / descenders to the sprinklers should b concealed to ensure aesthetics. had cautioned the builder way back in mar 2011 to enure that the sup lines are concealed as i had a bad experience in Aditya Mega city, Inrapuram. the builder had not catered 4 FF facilities and when he did not get clearance, as an after thought he laid the pipes. as a result u had exposed pipe lines running thru ur living and bed rooms

sids

Comment

Smallest size reduced from 1575 to 1200? Does it mean

1. They found it tough to sell Helios due to bigger sizes? (may have got many more inquiries for smaller size)

2. They think the location (sec 143) is not suitable for big sizes?

Comment

Originally posted by khalnayak View Post
                    Thanks Pravin. Yes, I was thinking abt some small investment, but Pune seems to be out of reach now.

Looks like I missed the opportunity when 3 BHK was around 30L abt three yrs ago in Baner area. Hard to believe that they all are khokha+ now !
                    oh aisa kya .. so now even pune is out of reach for a common IT man !!
                    i might as well stay in noida itself now .. earlier i was under the impression that pune property is affordable and so was thinking of looking for a job there

Comment

I don't think a 3 BHK was really around 30L before 3 years in Baner (PUNE).

Comment

Tags: None
                      Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X