Another new project in Noida :

sunshinehelios.com

Website is excellent, no idea about ground reality..Even could not find the builder details..But the concept and amenities are excellent..

Has anyone got any clue about builder and any completed project by him.

Surprisingly no broker is also talking about this project.
Read more
Reply
4609 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by fatichar
    These are my personal choices. They have not offered anything yet. Although I have heard that they would provide an option of installing video door .

    I visited and found that a lot of wooden planks were there in tower B, and they were jot teak. I feel that at least for door frames, teak is a must, and should be provided by the builder for everyone. Sheasam is very costly and not a neccesity at all.



    For your info...door frames (choukhat) are never made of teak or seasam wood. The best wood for door frames is "sal wood" which is bit expensive. Teak wood is used for doors and windows shutters (pallas) but needs to be polished (not painted).

    Most builders use seasoned non-sal wood for door frames.

    Iron grill door for front entrance is actually an additional door which you can easily instal at any time. No need to depend on builder for this.
    CommentQuote
  • I have seen teak being used for frames. any reason this is bad? doesnt sal wood get deemak?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by fatichar
    I have seen teak being used for frames. any reason this is bad? doesnt sal wood get deemak?



    Choukhats take entire load of doors/ windows and sal wood is many times stronger than teak wood and is also deemak free.

    Teak wood is a soft wood with natural grains and more suitable for furniture. Using teak wood for choukhats is a waste of money.
    CommentQuote
  • Most of the doors/boards in North India are made of poplar/eucalyptus trees, in west, pine is used frequently and in south rubber wood/hardwood is common.

    Just forget about any builder will be giving anything other than this. What they do is that they put the frame of teak or similar and filling is all hardwood from poplar/eucalyptus.

    Now a days flush doors are getting popular. Flush doors are just type of 30-35-40mm board with built-in frame made of pine, teak etc.

    This is my trade and i know what is what.
    CommentQuote
  • MM, we were talking abt the Chaukhat, on which the door is hinged. I have no problem with door being hardwood.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by fatichar
    sorry friend, I like to discuss openly.


    Thanks. Me too. I guess I confused you as those were two totally non-related requests.

    The reason to pm was just to get to know and be in touch as a future neighbor who is literally going to live on top of me ;)
    CommentQuote
  • do you have c-903 1575 booked?

    Originally Posted by khalnayak
    Thanks. Me too. I guess I confused you as those were two totally non-related requests.

    The reason to pm was just to get to know and be in touch as a future neighbor who is literally going to live on top of me ;)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by fatichar
    MM, we were talking abt the Chaukhat, on which the door is hinged. I have no problem with door being hardwood.


    Frame and chaukhat is the same terminology.
    ya i know, i was trying to enlighten people about the discussion on choosing the kind of material for the doors of their flats. Please ensure that the material is from yamuna nagar and not from anywhere else.
    Teak/shesham frames are good enough and pretty solid. yes sal is the best but not very common and builders will not spend additional money.
    The quality of frame/chaukhat increases price of 1 door by 1000 rupees, which amounts to an additional Rs. 20Lac for an average 450-500 flat society, a builder( no matter who he is will never spend this additional money)
    CommentQuote
  • MM, there are max 10 doors in my flat. so 10k is a small amount for a flat I bought for 48L. If they wanted to cut costs everywhere, they wouldnt have used such heavy iron grill on the balcony, which alone would have caused a diff of a few thousand, and a 6mm thick glass. I have mailed them regarding this, and have got a reply to wait for a reply :)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by khalnayak
    Thanks. Me too. I guess I confused you as those were two totally non-related requests.

    The reason to pm was just to get to know and be in touch as a future neighbor who is literally going to live on top of me ;)

    WoW,

    Fatichar staying on top of Khalnayak - sounds good! Other buyers must be wondering about the Gentry they would get in SSH :D
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Munish Malhautra
    Most of the doors/boards in North India are made of poplar/eucalyptus trees, in west, pine is used frequently and in south rubber wood/hardwood is common.

    Just forget about any builder will be giving anything other than this. What they do is that they put the frame of teak or similar and filling is all hardwood from poplar/eucalyptus.

    Now a days flush doors are getting popular. Flush doors are just type of 30-35-40mm board with built-in frame made of pine, teak etc.

    This is my trade and i know what is what.

    dear mm

    all iref SSH members agreeing , why dont u undertakethe task of providing teak/sheesham frames and teak doors/windows from yamuna nagar/ saharanpur; all members will be benefited- i suggest this as this is ur trade and we all can benefit from ur business contacts. u r right no builder is going to provide wooden frames and doors
    regards
    sids
    CommentQuote
  • Sun Shiners,
    I am looking for feedback on the pros and cons of buying a 2050 sqft apartment on 15 to 17 floor in Helios for self use.

    What are your views, is it a wise decision? I know pent house are on the top and they already command a premium.

    I will come up with my thoughts first up..

    Pros:
    - A little peaceful and pollution free at such height.
    - High speed elevator so not much waiting time only 80 flats and 2 high speed elevators.

    Cons:
    -- Never lived on such height in India, though I have been till 15 floor oversees.
    -- High speed elevator are only on paper, real nuisance if 1 elevator breaks down or both of them are out.. Climbing stair case would be a nightmare.

    I hope I am doing the right thing..I would like to listen from other fellow residents. Anybody booked that high in Helios.

    Thanks
    Abhi
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by sids69
    dear mm

    all iref SSH members agreeing , why dont u undertakethe task of providing teak/sheesham frames and teak doors/windows from yamuna nagar/ saharanpur; all members will be benefited- i suggest this as this is ur trade and we all can benefit from ur business contacts. u r right no builder is going to provide wooden frames and doors
    regards
    sids


    hi sids,
    It will be an honor to be a supplier for Sunshine. pls let me know how to start the process.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by fatichar
    MM, there are max 10 doors in my flat. so 10k is a small amount for a flat I bought for 48L.


    10000 per flat amounts to 50L for ~500 flats in a society.:) if they start doing this in every constro material, then they will end up at 1800-2000psf CoC.
    CommentQuote
  • go to their office, and propose barter system. :"I giv u the wood, u giv me the flat"
    CommentQuote