Another new project in Noida :

sunshinehelios.com

Website is excellent, no idea about ground reality..Even could not find the builder details..But the concept and amenities are excellent..

Has anyone got any clue about builder and any completed project by him.

Surprisingly no broker is also talking about this project.
Read more
Reply
4611 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Yes Fatichar ji. I am from Mumbai , so initially was not much sure about moving to Noida/Gurgaon. Now, a job is finalized in Noida so final decision :)
    Originally Posted by fatichar
    but I saw that u posted similar query on Gurgaon forum also.
    CommentQuote
  • I planned to sell my unit near possession. But now I came to know that capital gains tax would be waived off only if I sell this 3 years after possession, and then invest the obtained money to buy a new house.

    Confused what to do :(
    CommentQuote
  • I know its difficult after Anna factor..but you can still take black component (if your ego allow) and sell near possession.

    Originally Posted by fatichar
    I planned to sell my unit near possession. But now I came to know that capital gains tax would be waived off only if I sell this 3 years after possession, and then invest the obtained money to buy a new house.

    Confused what to do :(
    CommentQuote
  • No, my EGO doesn't allow.
    CommentQuote
  • As more and more companies are relocating from sectors like 62, 63, 58, 59 and surroundings to sectors on the expressway and G. Noida, the rentals and prices in Indirapuram are bound to come down. Not to mention internal issues like power cuts and congestion on roads.
    CommentQuote
  • Fatichar,

    Are you sure about this ?

    I thought that once sell his/her property anytime including underconstruction and < 3 yrs, and capital gains tax will not apply as long as proceeds are reinvested in property.

    I could be wrong though !



    Originally Posted by fatichar
    I planned to sell my unit near possession. But now I came to know that capital gains tax would be waived off only if I sell this 3 years after possession, and then invest the obtained money to buy a new house.

    Confused what to do :(
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by cautious_guy
    Fatichar,

    Are you sure about this ?

    I thought that once sell his/her property anytime including underconstruction and < 3 yrs, and capital gains tax will not apply as long as proceeds are reinvested in property.

    I could be wrong though !


    i just checked it from a tax consultant .. fatichar bhai is indeed correct ! :)
    CommentQuote
  • Thank you trial survery for the information.

    Then there is nothing for investor, he is in loose-loose situation. This means, typically investor would be paying transfer charge + 20% capital gains tax ?

    Then nothing is left for investor. This then explains why people in resale want coloured money.

    Originally Posted by trialsurvey
    i just checked it from a tax consultant .. fatichar bhai is indeed correct ! :)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by cautious_guy
    Thank you trial survery for the information.

    Then there is nothing for investor, he is in loose-loose situation. This means, typically investor would be paying transfer charge + 20% capital gains tax ?

    Then nothing is left for investor. This then explains why people in resale want coloured money.

    Not 20%. 20% is long term capital gains tax. For short term gain, the profit is added to your taxable income. for most of us, it would mean 30%.
    CommentQuote
  • Fatichar, I have posted another query in another thread on capital gains. Please provide your inputs on that as well.

    Basically, need clarification on two scenario's 1) entire proceed with gains is reinvested in under construction 2) entire proceed with gains is reinvested in completed project and is registered in one's name within the same year.

    thanks.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by fatichar
    Not 20%. 20% is long term capital gains tax. For short term gain, the profit is added to your taxable income. for most of us, it would mean 30%.


    yes i guess thats why most people in resale are asking for the premium in black !! :D
    CommentQuote
  • Fatichar, Trialsurvery, All

    I am reposting my query from other thread. Will appreciate inputs.

    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

    Can someone please once again verify capital gains rules in layman terms.

    I have questions regarding two specific scenario’s:

    1) If one sells underconstruction property in less than 3 yrs of purchase (needless to say issue of possession does not arise in under construction), and reinvests the entire proceed (with gains) in another under construction residential property, within 12 months and within the same finanical year, will he/she still be liable for capital gains tax ? For sake of easiness let us assume that selling of first property and buying of other property happens within April'12 to March'13 i.e. within same FY.

    I guess above is more or less answered that one will need to pay short-term capital gains tax and profit will be added to taxable income.


    2) If one sells underconstruction property in less than 3 yrs of purchase (needless to say issue of possession does not arise in under construction), and reinvests the entire proceed (with gains) in another completed residential property, AND gets property registered in his/her name within 12 months and within the same financial year, will he/she still be liable for capital gains tax ? For sake of easiness let us assume that selling of first property and buying of other property happens within April'12 to March'13 i.e within same FY.

    What about 2nd scenario ?

    Sorry, if this is a repeat question and has been already addressed. But I need clarity on these two scenario's as answer will impact my course of action.


    Will appreciate clarity on the topic ?
    CommentQuote
  • Even in second scenario, it will be considered short term gain, and would be added to taxable income.

    For the tax purpose,

    1. Property becomes your only when it is registered.

    2. Hence to gain exception, first one should be sold 3 years after registry.

    3. Second should be registered within a three year window, starting from one year before the sale of first, and ending after two years of sale of first.

    Hope it's clear.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by fatichar
    Even in second scenario, it will be considered short term gain, and would be added to taxable income.

    For the tax purpose,

    1. Property becomes your only when it is registered.

    2. Hence to gain exception, first one should be sold 3 years after registry.

    3. Second should be registered within a three year window, starting from one year before the sale of first, and ending after two years of sale of first.

    Hope it's clear.


    fatichar bhai hats off to you .. for not going in for "black" deals !! :)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by trialsurvey
    fatichar bhai hats off to you .. for not going in for "black" deals !! :)


    YES, even after highest interest rate and large Unsold inventory...RE prices are not comimg to affordable level.

    The Flow of black money is responsible for it.
    CommentQuote