CHECKLIST FOR HOME BUYERS-END USERS ONLY

1. First Calculate that How much you will end up paying from your Pocket. the all inclusive price quoted by Builder can be 10-15% less.
BSP+All charges by builder incl. Parking, power back up, IFMS, External Dev. charges, Meter charges, Club membership, etc etc.
Now add 5% extra area on you Super Area as when possession time, the builder will casually tell you that your 1500 sq.ft area is now 1600 sq.ft..and guess what NO increase in carpet area...so be prepared.
Add service charges...approx 2.5-3%...add registry charges, and another miscellaneous charges of approx. 25,000. Add all together and you will get you POCKET PRICE...This is essential for people on tight budget.

2. As the builder if he has got allotment for land he is selling, if Not..when..he will get it. Has the builder also taken loan to pay for the land..in case he has done it..there will be a tri partite agreement

3. Are good banks like HDFC, ICICI, Financing on downpayment, if yes..you are more or less safe in terms of land allotment for builder.

4. Have a copy of Master plan of the area with you..even though the govt. may change the master plan...but at least a "may" factor is there
Avoid projects which share boundry or are opposite:
Police stations, Hospitals, Sewage area, Dumping Grounds, School , Colleges, Major commerical Hubs, Shopping Malls, Villages, Huge Drains, Low income housing societies made by govt, Sector markets, Govt.offices, factories (this is a big problem in ghaziabad - Crossing republik has smokin factories across the road..with wind...all the buildings will get air pollution),
Power station, High tension wires, railway tracks, Graveyards, Places of worship, wine and beer shops, Bus Terminals, Right on expressway (it should at least have service lanes..so thats not a problem in Noida expressway)

5. If Metro nearby...avoid buying a project which is within 500-600 mtrs from the metro station. Best is to be around 600-1000 mtrs away from Metro station. This is to avoid the mad rush around ur complex, auto rickshaws, hawkers, illegal parkings and lines of cars

6. Preferred locations are..locations which share boundry or are opposite..Golf courses, five star hotels, master plan green park areas (avoid forest areas..as it means that they cannot be landscaped..and you may have monkey menace and dirt), Even IT Parks are O.K, If nothing ..then even next to plots will be o.k as at least you will not have a huge building staring at your face all the time

7. Ask for a list of completed projects of a builder..commercial or residentail..not so important...one just needs to visit them and see the quality of construction. Talk to maintenance staff there..they will tell you best about seepage and fitting problems...as they do the repair work.
NO BUILDER IS SAFE in India...and even the BEST can fool you...its a risk which is there..and it will always be there...you have to take it...No choice.
After 2 years dont be surpirsed that a top or favourite builder has most complaints on completion and a small builder delivered a gemstone.

8. Get details as to who is the Contractor for work in the project and who is the architect. Pls remember that contruction is sub contracted mostly.

9. If your project has many "For Future Development" areas around..ask about them...its not possible that a builder has NO idea what he intends to build there...If you are buying a low rise and next to it is "Future development" area..in which the builder plans multistoried...then your dream house will suddenly feel dwarfed...and not to forget the constrcution related pollution one will suffer for at least 3 years.

10. No builder will give you important details like which brand modular kitchen, fitiings ,tiles, wiring they will use...Pls notice its clearly written...XXX Brand OR Equivalent..now that "Equivalent" will come from China..so its best to go for a Raw flat..untill unless you are getting a really great offer. its best to get a raw flat...and get it done as per ur specs before you shift

11. Piped gas, CCTV System, etc are common these days...u may not get piped gas immediately but if they have made provision for it...its ok

12. The maintenance of appartments done after possession is often poor and done by useless labours..Once a project is completed..its forgotten by builder....the guards are nearly all useless. Its best to have provision for video doors ..if they are not providing..get the wiring done

13. If you have a balcony in your bedroom and no provision for split a.c then you will use half of ur balcony for that window a.c. Thats why split a.c provision is must. Nowadays builders provide both

14. DONOT get fooled by statements like 70% open...5 acre park....the simplest way to know is "HOW MANY APPARTMENTS IN ON ACRE OF PROJECT"...Heres how you calculate...If Total area of project is 10 acres and you have 5 towers..with 4 appartments on each floor and 25 stories high building..it measn one building will have 100 appts...so total 5 buildings will have 500 appts..meaning 500 appts in 10 acres...meaning 50 appats per acre. Now this is an open project.In my opinion (may vary from person to person)
Less than 40 appartments per acre...Premium project..very expensive
Between 40 to 60 – Good open area...ideal..as it shud be within reach
More than 70 – Average open area
More than 100 – Its way too crowded

15. If you have a tight budget you will have to compromise on density...in that case opt for a higher floor....between 6 to 10 is good enough...this is my personal opinion though...Simply becoz..its the bombay like situation then in high density areas..more open on top...

16. A project may have excellent facilities but less space..and a project may have average facilities but lots of space...go or a spacious one...as a supermarket, coffee shop, saloon, chemist can open anytime..it dpeends how pro active ur RWA will be...but one can NEVER get more space..Real estate in its most Raw form is Land...

17. Be fully aware that maintenance cost will be minimum Rs.1.50 per sq feet per month and the Bill for Power back up used is entirely different. Its per unit charges may be around Rs.10-12 Per unit..compared to Rs.4 of govt.
Power back up is NOT free. More the facilities..more the maintenance charges
A premium project may charge as high as Rs.2.50 psf per month..plus service charges

18. If you are planning to buy in Greater Noida new sectors (so called Noida extension), be fully aware that you will have an area which will be very dense. Construction will contnue around you for at least 7-8 years. These sectors of greater noida donot enjoy the openness of greater noida nor the Service industry boom of Noida..but are very smartly located. Noida expressway will benefit from Metro along it from sector 93 onwards to pari chowk..but for everything they either have to head to greater noida...or noida main sectors. And going from one side of expressway to another isnt smooth either.
This area will also witness massive construction but due to open layout...the constrcution related issues will be less
Also IF I REPEAT IF..Jaypee takes over the expressway and tolls it..then where the exits will be (if any at all)..is another question..there may be None also...no one knows..but then too many ifs to this subject.

19. If they are claiming to be Earthquake resistant...ask who will certify it and till what level they are planning to make. A building can be safe for 4 richter scale. 5 richter scale. 6 richter scale..The higher the better

20. Penalty clause is ONLY for BUYER...if you delay in payment..he will charge interest..but even if the builder delays possession by 2 years..nothing will b paid..they have it all under control..remember they have a team of lawyers...NOT YOU.So if a builder says 3 years..be prepared for 4 years...simple.

TO END :

Reviews of property you see from so called experts on T.V and read in paper are PAID for. Media is on sale in this country.Be careful

Brokers and Builders will always show as if they are doing you a favour by selling you an appartment..All flats are either sold out or only last few garbage locations left.They want booking cheques asap. Some will even say that we will shift you in a better location LATER on...please for Gods sake..dont fall for these traps

If you are seriuos about a project... calls to brokers wont work...You may have to visit them to show that you are seriuos...suddenly inventories will start coming..NEVER compromise on location..unless they are willing to give you a huge discount

Brochures are to Lure Buyers....The "White firangi" familes and "Western names"...photos copied and pasted from internet...Please dont start dreaming looking at them..

Never issue a cheque to anyone unless you have the company’s application form filled with Unit No. and super area clearly mentioned

DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH...AT GROUND LEVEL...GIVE YOURSELF SOME TIME..YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY DESERVES SO MUCH...

Property is Never bought knowing where it is Today but by knowing where it will be tomorrow. A modular kitchen, wood work, electrical fittings can all be bought in 2-3 lakhs easily....but NEVER the location..NEVER the space...

Keep it simple and keep it Real
Read more
64 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • don't forget free AC, free modular kitchen and furnished luxurious apartment. the best gimmick might be by earth town in noida extension. they promised a lucky draw for early bookers, winner of which will be given free flat. now after 6 months no draw and builder is changing layout of whole project to add new towers.
    Originally Posted by zohaib
    Brillant Mr.Alokgarg

I fail to understand how come people forget the past so easily....When builders with decent record are there..why fall for ones who have failed before....

But whats commendable is that these tainted builders know the pulse of buyers so well that they exactly know what to do:
    - Extra discounts
    - Glossy brochures
    - 3D Animations
    - Good looking girls offering coffee with a smile
    - Lovely Sample flats
    - All in one facilities from golf courses to malls all within the Proposed township

And people start dreaming....forgetting that this is the same guy who has stalled dreams of thousands....
    CommentQuote
  • zohaib sir .....excellent analysis.....this real estate has been ruled by uneducated people who just know how to make money.....why don't we come together and start a consultancy like other consultancies which gives fair value for money....if we team up together we can atleast guide ppl to put their hard earned money in projects which are viable .....these brokers have made the industry a nut..... trend has gone too far and exploiting young professionals, fresh out from college treating like peanuts......if we sit back home and post our observation, readings...will yiled nothing but monopoly of these brokers.....in U.S.A its reputed industry as property consultants, tax consultants but in India its seen as the worst industry to work with...lets use our expertise to the best and yes nothing wrong to guide ppl on paid basis...

I just dont want to be spectator, want to be part of the game on the filed...wat say?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by sudeep200
    zohaib sir .....excellent analysis.....this real estate has been ruled by uneducated people who just know how to make money.....why don't we come together and start a consultancy like other consultancies which gives fair value for money....if we team up together we can atleast guide ppl to put their hard earned money in projects which are viable .....these brokers have made the industry a nut..... trend has gone too far and exploiting young professionals, fresh out from college treating like peanuts......if we sit back home and post our observation, readings...will yiled nothing but monopoly of these brokers.....in U.S.A its reputed industry as property consultants, tax consultants but in India its seen as the worst industry to work with...lets use our expertise to the best and yes nothing wrong to guide ppl on paid basis...

I just dont want to be spectator, want to be part of the game on the filed...wat say?

Yes i agree fully that this industry needs a fresh approach...all the best to you friend...and thanks for considering me in your plan....
    I have my own business and at the moment i cant give my 100% to any other work....this is more of a hobby for me...call me old school...but the day i take up RE as business/ work...i will ensure i give 100%....for now...all this is a good time pass for me...:)
    CommentQuote
  • I think USA real estate industry is a very bad example to be put as a standard. this are the same people who issued sub-prime mortgage to anyone with a name and believed that property will appreciate at a rate of 20% forever. these people are responsible for destroying whole world's economy.

also, lets not get carried away and think that educated people will be better then current illiterate brokers. becuase issue is not education level of brokers, its the greed. and a greedy educated broker is much more dangerous then an uneducated one, as he knows more ways to screw you.
    Originally Posted by sudeep200
    zohaib sir .....excellent analysis.....this real estate has been ruled by uneducated people who just know how to make money.....why don't we come together and start a consultancy like other consultancies which gives fair value for money....if we team up together we can atleast guide ppl to put their hard earned money in projects which are viable .....these brokers have made the industry a nut..... trend has gone too far and exploiting young professionals, fresh out from college treating like peanuts......if we sit back home and post our observation, readings...will yiled nothing but monopoly of these brokers.....in U.S.A its reputed industry as property consultants, tax consultants but in India its seen as the worst industry to work with...lets use our expertise to the best and yes nothing wrong to guide ppl on paid basis...

CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by alokgarg
    I think USA real estate industry is a very bad example to be put as a standard. this are the same people who issued sub-prime mortgage to anyone with a name and believed that property will appreciate at a rate of 20% forever. these people are responsible for destroying whole world's economy.

also, lets not get carried away and think that educated people will be better then current illiterate brokers. becuase issue is not education level of brokers, its the greed. and a greedy educated broker is much more dangerous then an uneducated one, as he knows more ways to screw you.

In real estate or any other business, nobody is for doing social service, the job of educated or uneducated broker is to sell, sell anything available. Finally the buyer has to do research work b4 putting-in in any project looking at his/her risk bearing ability.

All projects are risky until you get the possession whether its is 3C, logix or any other reputed builder.

Until one gets the possession, its like "Andhe kuaein (well) me paise daalna"...& hoping for the best.
    CommentQuote
  • Need a legally correct check list also

Hi Mr Zohaib, Nice post for freshers. It is like a beautifull advertisement, that tells all great things to guys.Some points were really good. I have following discussion to make highlighted in BLUE at relevant places. Please do not react to my suggestions as i wanted put across some views which have legal bearing and no emotions attached to it and i wanted to ask your opinion on them: (legal opinion and not emotionally driven thoughts)

CHECKLIST FOR HOME BUYERS-END USERS ONLY

3. Are good banks like HDFC, ICICI, Financing on downpayment, if yes..you are more or less safe in terms of land allotment for builder.
    A bank financing is definitely a sense of security, but the checks differ from bank to bank, If the checks were standard why some banks give and some do not..It is never bank ki marzi. It is because of some legal angle.

NO BUILDER IS SAFE in India.."GREAT THAT YOU ACKNOWLEDGE IT".and even the BEST can fool you...its a risk which is there..and it will always be there...you have to take it...No choice. I beg to differ here with you, if there is a risk, related to natural calamity i accept it, but if you are indicating towards acceptance of risk, related to quality of property, untimely possession, poor quality, etc etc .. I would not advice anyone to jump in for such a risk , as I will not help anyone, and neither will you in case any body on the forum including you get stuck becuase of the bad luck.. See We are paying for our house out of our salaries which come to all of us after every month and not as donation.

10. No builder will give you important details like which brand modular kitchen, fitiings ,tiles, wiring they will use...Pls notice its clearly written...XXX Brand OR Equivalent..now that "Equivalent" will come from China.. I Agree, but i differ also in your suggestion that follows your statement. Agreements are to be signed for this very purpose. Mind you cost of the house includes cost of all fitments etc.. So why should these things not be mentioned as part of our agreement . If NOT , PLEASE REFUSE TO ACCEPT. THAT IS ONLY POSSIBLE , IF YOU QUESTION ALL THIS BEFORE YOU GET INTO THE DEAL. " so its best to go for a Raw flat..untill unless you are getting a really great offer. its best to get a raw flat...and get it done as per ur specs before you shift " RAW FLAT are generally not available these days.. you can't say i do not need toilet seat or taps. Even if builder agrees , he will cut just a small amt, which you will not find worth it.. I say that let him give that china quality tap, but ENSURE AND FORCE HIM TO COMMIT THAT AS PART OF YOUR AGREEMENT."

12. The maintenance of appartments done after possession is often poor and done by useless labours. "THEREFORE UP APARTMENT ACT 2010 COMPELS BUILDER TO TAKE CARE OF ALL STRUCTURAL DEFECTS IF ANY IN BUILDING FOR TWO YEARS AFTER POSSESSION> HOW MANY OF YOU KNOW THIS. HOPE ALL OF US UNDERSTAND IMPLICATION OF STRUCTURAL DEFECTS. BUT BUIOLDER DOESN'T GIVE THIS AS PART OF AGREEMENT, BUT SINCE WE THINK THAT ON DAY OF BOOKING ONLY WE HAVE GOT A HOUSE. I KNOW IT IS A DREAM COME TRUE. BUT IT IS SIMPLE LAW HAS MADE PROVISIONS TO PROTECT OUR INTEREST , BUT IF WE ONLY IGNORE AND ACCEPT THE FLAWS ON THE NAME OF RISK, THEN WE DESERVE THE CONSEQUENCES OF RISK IF THEY MAY ARISE"

19. If they are claiming to be Earthquake resistant...ask who will certify it and ..... " AS PER APARTMENT ACT AND BUILDING REGULATION THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO TAKE CLEARANCE AND CERTIFICATE FROM IIT, SOME PUNJAB ENGG COLLEGE AND OTHER ENGG COLLEGE. NOW THIS COMES UNDER THE SUBJECT OF STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING OFFERED AT IIT and other colleges. THEY STUDY AND CERTIFY. IT IS YOUR RIGHT TO SEE COPY OF THE SAME"

TELL THE BUILDER TO SHOW > MANY WILL SAY HE WILL NOT SHOW ... I WILL THEN SAY PLEASE DON'T BUY THE HOUSE... WHY EXPLAINED LATER....

20. Penalty clause is ONLY for BUYER...if you delay in payment..he will charge interest..but even if the builder delays possession by 2 years..nothing will b paid..they have it all under control..remember they have a team of lawyers...NOT YOU.So if a builder says 3 years..be prepared for 4 years...simple. "STRONGLY DISAGREE , THOUGH WHAT YOU ARE SAYING IS WHAT YOU HAVE ACCEPTED BECAUSE OF WHAT IS HAPPENING ON GROUND.... HOWEVER,......... THERE HAS TO BE A CLAUSE WHICH SAYS , WHAT IF BUILDER DOESN'T GIVE POSSESSION IN TIME" UP APARTMENT ACT AND LAW SAYS THIS SHOULD ALSO BE PART OF BUILDER BUYER AGREEMENT/ SALE AGREEMENT."

WHAT IF BUILDER WILL NOT GIVE YOU THIS ALSO ..... PLEASE DON'T BUY THE HOUSE.....

..please for Gods sake..dont fall for these traps --Good that you used this line..

Brochures are to Lure Buyers....The "White firangi" familes and "Western names"...photos copied and pasted from internet...Please dont start dreaming looking at them.. " READ AGREEMENT/ TERMS AND CONDITIONS/ FLAT BUYER AGREEMENT/ ALLOTMENT LETTER ---------MOST OF THESE DOCUMENTS OF ALMOST ALL BUILDERS SAY CLEARLY "THE AGREEMENT IS SELF CONTAINED AND NO COMMUNICATION WHETHER VERBAL OR IN WRITING IN FORM OF BROCHURES, PAMPHLETS, LETTER GIVEN BY BROKER, COMPANY SHALL WITHHOLD." THIS implies that IF IT IS NOT MENTIONED IN AGREEMENT, YOU CAN'T BE SURE OF GETTING WHAT YOU SAW AT TIME OF PURCHASE"....

Never issue a cheque to anyone unless you have the company’s application form filled with Unit No. and super area clearly mentioned ---- AGREE ON THIS

DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH...AT GROUND LEVEL...GIVE YOURSELF SOME TIME..YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY DESERVES SO MUCH... "CAN'T AGREE MORE ON THIS"

Property is Never bought knowing where it is Today but by knowing where it will be tomorrow. A modular kitchen, wood work, electrical fittings can all be bought in 2-3 lakhs easily....but NEVER the location..NEVER the space...

"GREAT WAY TO END THE POST. I APPRECIATE AND AGREE,
    MY SUBMISSION;;;;;;
    See there are many things that builder must give, but doesn't give...
    HE IS SUPPOSED TO GIVE, WE ARE SUPPOSED TO ENSURE THAT WE TAKE THOSE THINGS BEFORE WE JUMP IN..

KINDLY READ PAGE 4,5,6 OF UP APARTMENT ACT 2010...
    IF BUILDER IS REPUTED , TRUE, TRUSTWORTHY, HONEST, WHY DOES HE HESITATE IN GIVING US BASIC THINGS IN WRITING" AND IF DOESN'T GIVE WHY DO ALL OF US DON'T SAY THAT WE WON'T BUY UNLESS YOU GIVE ALL REQUIRED DOCUMENTS THAT ARE SUPPOSED TO GIVEN PRIOR TO PURCHASE....

Quest 1. IF WE WILL NOT BUY UNLESS WE GET ALL SAFETY PRECAUTIONS(documents) BEFORE HAND, WHOM WILL HE SELL THE HOUSES TO ?

QUEST 2 . IF Govt has laid down rules and made us alert, what right will we have to go back to govt and file a case in case things don't work out for any of us? Why should govt give decision in our favour, when knowingly we are accepting things on the name of risk?

Quest 3. We ALL WILL AGREE ON ONE COMMON NOTION THAT BUILDER HAS FINANCIAL MUSCLE POWER AND TEAM OF LAWYERS AND WE DON'T HAVE ( as you also brought out), then WHY SHOULD WE JUMP IN A SITUATION WITHOUT ENSURING COMPLETION OF LEGALLY CORRECT DOCUMENTS. IF WE WILL NOT JUMP WE WILL NOT HAVE TO FIGHT. knowing that we may loose that.. So IF ALL OF US OR MANY OF US WILL NOT BUY ONLY, DON'T YOU THINK BUILDER WILL HAVE TO CHANGE THE WAY HE WORKS... I AM SURE THAT BEFORE WE BUY THE HOUSE OR GET INTO A DEAL, NO BUILDER WILL COME TO OUR HOUSE TO THREATEN US AND SAY BUY HOUSE FROM ME THE WAY I WANT TO SELL"

SEE YOUR CHECKLIST WAS GOOD FROM generic point of view. That is my honest opinion. all things you mentioned definitely matter, but what if you don't get what you paid for...

I can post the LEGALLY CORRECT CHECK LIST in this thread...... But you guys have to ask for it before you jump in. But i believe that stich in time saves nine. Take precautions and some spade work now, rather than cribbing later on and cursing the builder, that he did not give this and that...bla bla....AS LAW HAS BEEN CHANGED A LOT. IT HAS MADE PROVISIONS FOR YOU AND ME . AND IF KNOWINGLY WE ARE READY TO JUMP AND TAKE THE SO CALLED "RISK" IT IS WE WHO ARE TO BE BLAMED FOR RISKING FUTURE OF OUR CHILDREN, FAMILY WITH THE MONEY THAT WE ACTUALLY INTEND SPENDING ON THEM, FOR THEM.."

So please just one principle" Shanti se sub kaam hoga..NO FIGHT NOTHING.... JUST INSIST BUILDER TO PROVIDE ALL DOCUMENTS WHICH LAW SAYS HE IS SUPPOSED TO PRODUCE BEFORE SELLING THE HOUSE" IF HE DOESN'T PRODUCE DON'T GET INTO IT.....LET ALL OF US GIVE HIM TIME TO SET HIS OWN HOUSE IN SHAPE.....IF ALL OF US TELL HIM " THAT OK THE DAY YOU GET THESE DOCUMENTS...CALL US WE WIL BOOK HOUSE WITH YOU................" I AM SURE IT WILL WORK ...PROVIDED THIS IS DONE BY MOST OF US.......

THERE IS NO OTHER CHOICE, AS IF YOU DON'T Ensure that you are moving a per changed law provisions which are in your favour, no govt or court will support ypu..... later on don't say i knew we can;t fight...you will loose , because you dig your own well right in the beginning by accepting wrong

ONE LAST WORD "IF all goes ok, builder was good, we were unneccesarily taking tension" BUT GOD FORBID , something goes wrong, the person who was carefull will have the last laugh and not the builder....

These rules and agreements are meant to safeguard our interest only. they should not be associated to any one's trust or past experience. It IS related to professionalism..IF BUILDER'S INTENTION IS CLEAR HE WILL SELL HIS HOUSE WITH FULL CHEST OUT AND WILL FOLLOW ALL PROVISIONS OF LAW THAT ARE IN FAVOUR OF BUYER"

CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by clear_talk
    Hi Mr Zohaib, Nice post for freshers. It is like a beautifull advertisement, that tells all great things to guys.Some points were really good. I have following discussion to make highlighted in BLUE at relevant places. Please do not react to my suggestions as i wanted put across some views which have legal bearing and no emotions attached to it and i wanted to ask your opinion on them: (legal opinion and not emotionally driven thoughts)

Friend i will be brutally honest with you....your comments are very nice and very solid...unfortunately in the wrong country...Though i am no legal expert...but form whatever i have seen that this countrys Legal and Law system has reached the Point of No return....it simply cannot get better....EVEN IF YOU MAKE THE BUILDER SIGN ON ALL WHAT YOU WROTE..the builder will still do what he wants to....all this makes sense in countries which are not corrupt..have a good legal system, etc etc...unfortunately India ranks amongst the worst....

I am telling you what i believe practically....if you are out to change the system...all the best for you..as far as i am concerned...i donot believe in it...id rather use the help of some my connections to get my work done rather than hiring a lawyer and going to court.

All such appartment acts are useless....there are many such acts which are there...there are many special courts...but nothing...
    A clear example is Omaxe..he is black listed by consumer court, by Greater noida authority....he has numerous cases against him...their lawyers muct be showing the courts such acts everyday....but nothing....Omaxe is still launching projects..he is still there, he is still a builder making profits...

Show me one case in which a top builder returned the hard earned money of a consumer within a few months of court cases....even after a verdict..these builders with their efficient and highly paid team of lawyers will ensure that they find a way out...hang cases...waste time...and do nothing

All these agreements are worthless anyways....in every agreement ..its written about penalty clause...kindly do a ground research and find out how mnay actually go it ???

Forget the UP Appartment act...even if YOU make an agreement and make the builder sign...he will do what he wants to.....
    remember this is india....yahaan pe log full confidence ke saath bolte hain "Jao jo karna hai kar lo...jao court main.."
    because they know..once matter in court..then only years will be wasted...YEARS....
    and even the court gives a judgement..it will be taken further..and not to forget IF YOU ARE LUCKY...the court may in the END as the builder to pay the penalty clause and an additional 50,000 as penalty.

Dost..in this country the prize money offered by police for a wnated criminal is around Rs.5000.....
    Bail is just 10,000
    Penalty given by court after years and years ..is 50,000 to 1 lakh that too if you are lucky...

This is not USA where people sue others for millions of dollars

This is my personal opinion and choice.....i wouldnt want to get into such a discussion as my "Dis belief" in the system of this country is firm...and i know how to get the work done if at all time comes...Court and law is definate a big No for me...thanks...
    CommentQuote
  • My Dear Friend Mr ZOHAIB,
    I do not want to attempt to convince people who are anti- system and believe in getting their work done alone by using side channel.
    Your statements re-affirms that These forums are just for discussions and passing some time and all of us are alone . These forums offer some education and lot of moral support.

I will just end this post with small thought " You are right in practicality as on date, We are Langras..Handicap people... If we insist on these documents that safeguard our interest. The fact that we are handicap, These documents shall be our BAISAAKHI to give us some support when required, in the so declared corrupt system...But without these you will be without legs completely with no one and nothing to support you"..
    May be all those who have contacts will use them but most of us don't have approach to the might of law, neither in terms of money, time and courage. So I always say, ask before you jump in. If your jump can't safeguard you, don't jump. If you still choose to jump and break your legs, hands , then don't blame anyone..
    God bless all of us and help us take a calculated so called "risk."...

Friend i will be brutally honest with you....your comments are very nice and very solid...unfortunately in the wrong country...Though i am no legal expert...

This is my personal opinion and choice.....i wouldnt want to get into such a discussion as my "Dis belief" in the system of this country is firm...and i know how to get the work done if at all time comes...Court and law is definate a big No for me...thanks...
    CommentQuote
  • Heres a confirmation of what this Countrys Law is all about.

There are hundreds of cases in consumer court against Parasvath...with Full agreements, etc etc etc...

Many projects stalled by Builder....who has left many home seekers high and dry...

Reason that was give : Builder didnt have enough to complete the projects

Now go through this:

http://www.indianexpress.com/news/2-000-ultra-luxury-apartments-to-rise-on-leased-loco-shed-site/710491/
    CommentQuote
    My Dear Friend Mr ZOHAIB,
    I do not want to attempt to convince people who are anti- system and believe in getting their work done alone by using side channel.
    Your statements re-affirms that These forums are just for discussions and passing some time and all of us are alone . These forums offer some education and lot of moral support.
    These forums are exactly for sharing opinions about projects,details, developemtn around them, etc etc....and yes they are time pass...

I will just end this post with small thought " You are right in practicality as on date, We are Langras..Handicap people... If we insist on these documents that safeguard our interest. The fact that we are handicap, These documents shall be our BAISAAKHI to give us some support when required, in the so declared corrupt system...
    Get any document signed by builder...you assume it to be a baisakhi...its what you MAY feel...but its useless...when time comes..its just a piece of paper...
    Every builder on paper talks about penalty clause..in the past 3 years thousands of buyers didnt get their property...pls start a new thread and start an online forum as to how many actually got it...you will get the answer..as to how powerful this agreement is....

But without these you will be without legs completely with no one and nothing to support you"..
    With or without ...the law system is certainly not ur support...try to file an FIR...then you will come to know about the facts

May be all those who have contacts will use them but most of us don't have approach to the might of law, neither in terms of money, time and courage.
    If you go to court with a agreement in hand then also you need money, time and yes if you go with a group..the builder will easily break it...he will offer something nice to the active members and he will casualy move away leaving the others to rot.

So I always say, ask before you jump in. If your jump can't safeguard you, don't jump. If you still choose to jump and break your legs, hands , then don't blame anyone..
    God bless all of us and help us take a calculated so called "risk."...

You can select a builder who doesnt have a tainted record...who has performed and maintained in his previuos projects.

Buying a ready to move in doesnt solve much also..as you never knoew how much quality was comprised ..and after 4-5 years it may show its tru colors

Common man doesnt have a choice...if he has to buy a house..he has to put his trust in some builder...he can just go by the past record and then pray all goes well.

I am not beating about the bush..but telling what i have seen personally in this country...i really hope that the system changes but then again..i also hope that delhi becomes as clean as singapore or dubai...and indians as disciplined as japanese...and have the standards of a scandinavian country...

Till then just see the past record of a builder..see his proeviuos projects...its construction and maintenance....and if you have the money...buy ur own plot and make ur own house...but then also u have to stand in the site for 3-4 months else the contractor will ensure he cheats you big time....
    CommentQuote
  • Dear Mr Zohaib,
    That is so great that you yourself brought out poor condition of law in our country...
    that is what exactly i am saying.. Don't jump in, unless you have some support..If as it is law doesn't support a common man as per most of you, then what do you expect, will it support us, when knowingly we have accepted flaws and jumped in for some profits"...

Let the dust settle down, don't buy houses till builder starts selling them the right way...Whom will he sell the houses to.... if you and me and all of us will not buy together collectively... This approach is only successfull if we are not just handfull but a good strength ..Try starting it and persuing this as a a right cause...There will be NO DEMAND,,,BUT SUPPLY ... Exploit the strategy this way and don't show your desparation of buying a house Houses are being made for all of us only...... They have to sell it..So buy on right basis and terms after a thorough vetting ....

Heres a confirmation of what this Countrys Law is all about.

There are hundreds of cases in consumer court against Parasvath...with Full agreements, etc etc etc...

Many projects stalled by Builder....who has left many home seekers high and dry...

Reason that was give : Builder didnt have enough to complete the projects

Now go through this:

http://www.indianexpress.com/news/2-000-ultra-luxury-apartments-to-rise-on-leased-loco-shed-site/710491/
    CommentQuote
    Dear Mr Zohaib,
    That is so great that you yourself brought out poor condition of law in our country...
    that is what exactly i am saying.. Don't jump in, unless you have some support..If as it is law doesn't support a common man as per most of you, then what do you expect, will it support us, when knowingly we have accepted flaws and jumped in for some profits"...

Let the dust settle down, don't buy houses till builder starts selling them the right way...Whom will he sell the houses to.... if you and me and all of us will not buy together collectively... This approach is only successfull if we are not just handfull but a good strength ..Try starting it and persuing this as a a right cause...There will be NO DEMAND,,,BUT SUPPLY ... Exploit the strategy this way and don't show your desparation of buying a house Houses are being made for all of us only...... They have to sell it..So buy on right basis and terms after a thorough vetting ....

Unfortunately prices of RE are mostly governed by the nexus of builders, investors. With banks also playing their cards well....

Unfortunately with so much black money pumped into this Sector...the builders will still find buyers..in terms of investors...and the common man who has a limited budget will be made to buy at a premium.

You can only see the demand of end users...what about investors...the govt. launches residential schemes and brokers, investors mop it up and sell the same at premium to end users later on.

Builders are making money from investors..Big time investors buy in bullk and regulate the market.

See whats happened to Yamuna expressway plots....investors mopped up the scheme..now asking 5000 psf premium...they dont care if there is no buyer for another 5 years...a lot of black money has been pumped by brokers in this....

Where black money is involved ..investors dont care...and in RE solid black money is involved...

Investors will buy from the black money...and builders will sell....later premium will be charged....simple

CommentQuote
  • clear talk , for benefit of all, can you post a check list of documents and process one need to following in buying a new apartment as per UP apartment act. It can help placing red flags in evaluating a project.

thanks in advance
    CommentQuote
  • Sri Clear_talk ji, Instead of just writing in forum same thing in all thread why not you file some RTI related to NOIDA RE and post reply on forum ?
    CommentQuote
  • posting long rants on forums is way too much fun compared to actual leg work.
    Originally Posted by chandra2034
    Sri Clear_talk ji, Instead of just writing in forum same thing in all thread why not you file some RTI related to NOIDA RE and post reply on forum ?
    CommentQuote