Hi All,
(being owner in logix BC)
As 3c's also having the height 9ft 1 inch as per their customercare information , i.g 4-5 inch less than usual height , is this have any relationship with energy saving or green house concept,
i tried to send the mail to IGBC , but delievery of mail was unscucessful , hence could not find
if somebody across the board v any information regarding the same , than can share his/her knowledge in this regard,
As logix and 3c's both heighlighting green concept , although many more projects v eco concept.
Also what are the benefits (pros and cons) of green igbc certification
Also HKR , DFA, EIGEN , en3 ,and rng consultants are associated in design of the project. i m trying to be in touch with them by some means of communication , if anybody also take initiative to v communication with them n lets ask why in their designed project height is relatviely less , ask them to justify , atleast they will justify on some technical ground or they will tell as per clients demand or they will not revert back as govt. agencies is doing rite now on ST issue ...
From Marketing team of logix expecting anything is expecting against the hope.

Rakesh
Read more
13 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by 83rakeshk
    Hi All,
    (being owner in logix BC)
    As 3c's also having the height 9ft 1 inch as per their customercare information , i.g 4-5 inch less than usual height , is this have any relationship with energy saving or green house concept,

Rakesh

Green concept in short means maximum use of nature with minimum damage to environment.

Room height has no relationship with green house concept. If there is, it is other way round. To have natural cool within the house, you need higher roof height for better wind flow. Remember the houses constructed during pre-independence era.
    CommentQuote
  • Pls be careful about all these technicalities thrown at you by builder and broker....Rememeber...Tide washing pwder..with dust busters...samsung washing machine with green ions...LG t.v with green eye technology...
    If they are giving...great..even if they dont...believe me you will not miss anything.

Pay more attention to Loading, ceiling height, location of project, density of project..construction quality...how many families per acre...If you have 2500 families in 20 acres...rest assured...all the eco and green effect will vanish :)
    CommentQuote
  • Royal , height has a green link ,
    if u compare 12 foot ceiling with 8 foot then 12 foot will take 1.5 times same ac power as it is required for 8 feet.
    Less height means less volume of air to cool and hence more eco friendly ...

Originally Posted by RoyalMax
    Green concept in short means maximum use of nature with minimum damage to environment.

Room height has no relationship with green house concept. If there is, it is other way round. To have natural cool within the house, you need higher roof height for better wind flow. Remember the houses constructed during pre-independence era.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by nibha
    Royal , height has a green link ,
    if u compare 12 foot ceiling with 8 foot then 12 foot will take 1.5 times same ac power as it is required for 8 feet.

But I guess, green building concept discourages use of AC (negative points) and awards higher points the building to be cooled through natural process i.e. design and construction materials.

I have seen few green certified buildings (offices & institutions). One had a shallow (about 200 feet length and 30 feet height) wall in west side just to prevent the building from afternoon heat. Another had 40 feet height cooling towers (about 4 feet by 4 feet) within office with running water in them and few blowers to pump cool air.
    CommentQuote
    Royal , height has a green link ,

8 feet ceiling height ka flat ghar nahi Murgee ka darba lagega... You can not even run ceiling fan. My height is arround 6 feet and if by mistake I raise my hand below ceiling fan ?? I will become "Thakur" of Sholay:bab (59):.

Better I prefer Non-green home rather than 8 feet height home. It should be atleast 10 feet. A/C bill does not have direct co-relation with height. I don't think 50% increase in A/C bill if height is 12 feet. Flat with heigher ceiling are more cooler than flat with lower ceiling without running A/C.

That's why I have not bought my dream home yet... will buy when I see the actual flat...till that only investment in flats to buy dream home.
    CommentQuote
  • Chandra can u do us a favor in since u r in US , can u measure the ceiling height of ur apartment ...
    I doubt it would be 10 feet ...

Originally Posted by chandra2034
    8 feet ceiling height ka flat ghar nahi Murgee ka darba lagega... You can not even run ceiling fan. My height is arround 6 feet and if by mistake I raise my hand below ceiling fan ?? I will become "Thakur" of Sholay:bab (59):.

Better I prefer Non-green home rather than 8 feet height home. It should be atleast 10 feet. A/C bill does not have direct co-relation with height. I don't think 50% increase in A/C bill if height is 12 feet. Flat with heigher ceiling are more cooler than flat with lower ceiling without running A/C.

That's why I have not bought my dream home yet... will buy when I see the actual flat...till that only investment in flats to buy dream home.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by chandra2034

Very funny indeed...but rightly said...An appartment with 12 feet ceiling has more space and is anyday better than 7-8 feet height ceiling justified for some green effect....we are not in hongking or tokyo...we have enough space...i donot care about gizmos..or such mumbo jumbo....they all sound good if basics are right....they are NOT the basics
    CommentQuote
  • Any body would love to have high ceiling since u can cover it up with false one and use the rest of the space for storage ...
    But the sad truth is as builders are increasing the number of floor , they are decreasing the ceiling height ...
    Regarding the AC thing , most of the centrally air conditioned apartments are not too high , max 9 feet i guess

Originally Posted by zohaib
    Very funny indeed...but rightly said...An appartment with 12 feet ceiling has more space and is anyday better than 7-8 feet height ceiling justified for some green effect....we are not in hongking or tokyo...we have enough space...i donot care about gizmos..or such mumbo jumbo....they all sound good if basics are right....they are NOT the basics
    CommentQuote
  • Extract from THE NEW OKHLA INDUSTRIAL DEVELOPMENT AREA
    BUILDING REGULATIONS AND DIRECTIONS 2006;

3.72 ‘Room height’ means the vertical distance
    measured from the finished floor surface to the
    finished ceiling surface, where a finished ceiling is
    not provided, the underside of the joints or beams or
    tie beams shall determine the upper point of
    measurement.

32.1.6‘Interior open space’ Habitable rooms not
    abutting on either the front, rear or side open
    space shall abut as interior open space whose
    minimum width shall be 3 metres for building
    upto 10 metre height.
    In case of building higher than 10 metres
    minimum width of such open space shall be
    increased by 1 metre for every 3 metre increase
    in height.

Could not see any specific rule regarding minimum room height for housing projects. May be it is there but i have missed............
    CommentQuote
  • Nibha looks like some AC company;s dealer

Nibha, I believe u r here to promote some ac manufacturing company or if not by any way..then ur knowledge on green houses is very less...

U r directly linking ki bhai agar low height ka ghar loge to AC ka bill kam aayega....
    that means u r saying ki jo bhi Aadmi flat lega AC jarur use karega..

dont u know that there are ceiling fans used in the houses...

9 ft ki height koi ceiling fan kaise use karega...ya usko Flat book karne k saath ACs bhi book kar dene chahiye...

Originally Posted by nibha
    Any body would love to have high ceiling since u can cover it up with false one and use the rest of the space for storage ...
    But the sad truth is as builders are increasing the number of floor , they are decreasing the ceiling height ...
    Regarding the AC thing , most of the centrally air conditioned apartments are not too high , max 9 feet i guess
    CommentQuote
  • Enjoy !!!

Habitable room

"Requirement for plot upto
    50 square metre"
    Area min. 7.5 sqm width
    min 2.1 in
    Height min ::2.75m

Requirement for
    plot above 50 sqm

Area min.9.5 sqm
    width min 2.4m
    height min. 2.7
    CommentQuote
  • http://www.gharexpert.com/articles/Roofing-Ceiling-1047/Average-Height-Roof-Big-Halls_0.aspx

Max incase u know something then please share
    Originally Posted by MaxNoida
    Nibha, I believe u r here to promote some ac manufacturing company or if not by any way..then ur knowledge on green houses is very less...

U r directly linking ki bhai agar low height ka ghar loge to AC ka bill kam aayega....
    that means u r saying ki jo bhi Aadmi flat lega AC jarur use karega..

dont u know that there are ceiling fans used in the houses...

9 ft ki height koi ceiling fan kaise use karega...ya usko Flat book karne k saath ACs bhi book kar dene chahiye...
    CommentQuote
    Chandra can u do us a favor in since u r in US , can u measure the ceiling height of ur apartment ...
    I doubt it would be 10 feet ...

Nibha, The city I live, temp dips -20 C in winters and city is covered with snow for 6 months. Summer time is from June till September temp arround 25C to 35C. But due to very less humidity it feels too hot.
    Few days back when I read here I raised my hand but still almost 1 feet left to touch ceiling.

But there is no ceiling fan in apartment as apartment is fully air conditioned(Heat/cold) otherwise in winters no one will survive.

I stayed in an apartment which has ceiling fan but fan blade was made of wood and if it is running you touch it will stop means only for show not for air. Most of the apartments in USA are fully air-conditioned.

Energy cost is cheaper here. I like this city very much but still won't prefer to stay here always. Jo maza India me hai wo yaha nahi hai..
    CommentQuote