Dear All,

Is it right time to book a flat or one should wait till "Deepawali"
as
1 ) there may be some chances of festival discount .(Advantage)
2) If this doesnt happen then price will either remain same or may increase .(Disadvantage)

3) More you delay then more chances of not getting the right location/floor.(Disadvantage)

Your comments are awaited.

Regards

Manish
Read more
108 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by luckysir

If Diwali missed, they would like to sell during new year time.

Then there will be holi, and after that summer vacations, then diwali again and then new years...
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by madgeek
    Then there will be holi, and after that summer vacations, then diwali again and then new years...

More waiting means get ready 2 pay more ...
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by tinesha

In Present Value terms of money, you may end up paying the same amount. :D:D
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by tinesha

Prices shoot up in areas where there is shortage of land or limited land
    Prices Shoot up for Location

In Proper City areas like Noida or Greater Noida..one may Lose out on location.

But these areas like "so called noida extension" and noida expressway are NOT a part of Main City. They are best called annexes..and ample land is available.

The Development has started here and no knows which location is Best
    Sectors near Amity may seem very good today but after a few years maybe there is a 5 star hotel , huge shopping mall, Metor station, SEZ By a Real estate Giant in another sector on noida expressway..then those sectors will be considered the Best.

So called Noida extension ...people who are claiming to have best location will be singing a different tune tomorrow.
    No one knows whats coming there and in which sector...

These 2 areas have massive land banks and a lot of development will take place in these sectors...to PIN POINT..which sector is best will take around 5-6 years more.

Noida..Best sectors...at Delhi entrance, DND..15A, 14A

Greater noida...Best Sectors..at Pari chowk...Jaypee, Nri City

One can say this because these sectors are in main city and no land available around it to challenge their position..but for "so called Noida extension" and "Noida expressway"..NO ONE SAY WHICH SECTOR IS BEST
    CommentQuote
  • what are your thoughts about lotus panache. will prices increase there or stagnate? builder is continuously increasing prices (started from 2975 and currently at 3200) and everything is getting sold off as soon as new tower launches. is it hype or solid project? my thinking is that 40% hype and 60% soundness of project.
    Originally Posted by zohaib
    Prices shoot up in areas where there is shortage of land or limited land
    Prices Shoot up for Location

In Proper City areas like Noida or Greater Noida..one may Lose out on location.

But these areas like "so called noida extension" and noida expressway are NOT a part of Main City. They are best called annexes..and ample land is available.

The Development has started here and no knows which location is Best
    Sectors near Amity may seem very good today but after a few years maybe there is a 5 star hotel , huge shopping mall, Metor station, SEZ By a Real estate Giant in another sector on noida expressway..then those sectors will be considered the Best.

So called Noida extension ...people who are claiming to have best location will be singing a different tune tomorrow.
    No one knows whats coming there and in which sector...

These 2 areas have massive land banks and a lot of development will take place in these sectors...to PIN POINT..which sector is best will take around 5-6 years more.

Noida..Best sectors...at Delhi entrance, DND..15A, 14A

Greater noida...Best Sectors..at Pari chowk...Jaypee, Nri City

One can say this because these sectors are in main city and no land available around it to challenge their position..but for "so called Noida extension" and "Noida expressway"..NO ONE SAY WHICH SECTOR IS BEST
    CommentQuote
  • hi friends,
    i have been a sneaky kind of visitor of this forum.being new to the ncr region and new to this RE rigmarole i must say the site have been quite insightful.its great to see members helping each other and sharing their much pondered thoughts. finally cudn't resist and joined the gang.
    i too am wanting to invest in RE and almost finalised the deal with supertech cape town thinking it is quite a known name .however after going thru this forum i came to know that he is known for the wrong reasons too. hence cancelled my plans. like many in this forum i am confused about sec 74 -78,121, noida extention(mainly because of the budget). i am presently in transferable job so looking for a home after say 10 yrs or so.you can say i am a investor as well as well as the future user. my question to all learned ones is it the right time to invest seeing a great oppurtunity in noida/ gnoida region for the middle class to own a home of their own. thanks.looking foward to your comments.
    ps presently living in the govt accommodation and will do so tiil retirement.
    CommentQuote
  • there is huge oversupply in the region you are looking in. I don't think rates are going anywhere(at most 10 % increase per year). you should wait for projects to complete and then buy in a good project.
    Originally Posted by sab_maya_hai
    hi friends,
    i have been a sneaky kind of visitor of this forum.being new to the ncr region and new to this RE rigmarole i must say the site have been quite insightful.its great to see members helping each other and sharing their much pondered thoughts. finally cudn't resist and joined the gang.
    i too am wanting to invest in RE and almost finalised the deal with supertech cape town thinking it is quite a known name .however after going thru this forum i came to know that he is known for the wrong reasons too. hence cancelled my plans. like many in this forum i am confused about sec 74 -78,121, noida extention(mainly because of the budget). i am presently in transferable job so looking for a home after say 10 yrs or so.you can say i am a investor as well as well as the future user. my question to all learned ones is it the right time to invest seeing a great oppurtunity in noida/ gnoida region for the middle class to own a home of their own. thanks.looking foward to your comments.
    ps presently living in the govt accommodation and will do so tiil retirement.
    CommentQuote
  • thanks alok for the prompt reply. was thinking on these lines .......however was not too sure . thaks again.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by sab_maya_hai
    thanks alok for the prompt reply. was thinking on these lines .......however was not too sure . thaks again.

+

You might decide to wait but that wd have following problems
    1)10% appreciation is just a guess and you need to have your money invested in instruments that give you atleast 12% post tax retuns to be able to buy the same thing down the line.
    2) there is always a completion risk discount attached to under construction properties and that keeps on decreasing with advance in construction stage. You need to arrange that money also.

I wd say 10% appreciation on total amount of purchase when you are putting in just parts as per construction stage is a very good appreciation. Suppose you pay 30% to the builder in the first year, the return wd come out to be 33.3%. Just making sure to stay with a good builder at an early stage of launch seems to be better strategy to me especially when you need the house for your own use down the line.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by mt0587

I wd say 10% appreciation on total amount of purchase when you are putting in just parts as per construction stage is a very good appreciation. Suppose you pay 30% to the builder in the first year, the return wd come out to be 33.3%. Just making sure to stay with a good builder at an early stage of launch seems to be better strategy to me especially when you need the house for your own use down the line.

Rightly pointed out. :)
    CommentQuote
  • completion risk discount

Yes, completion risk discount is there, but with so much of suppy, it can be very low.

e.g. a guy from investor's clinic offered me Amrapali Zodiaz (with only foundation done) at 3200 psf and Platinum (with around 25 floors done) at 3500 psf.

Originally Posted by mt0587
    You might decide to wait but that wd have following problems
    1)10% appreciation is just a guess and you need to have your money invested in instruments that give you atleast 12% post tax retuns to be able to buy the same thing down the line.
    2) there is always a completion risk discount attached to under construction properties and that keeps on decreasing with advance in construction stage. You need to arrange that money also.

CommentQuote
  • NOIDA is a poor place for investment.

But I feel for own use, one should buy some RE now - you may not be able to afford after a few years given tremendous inflation.

So when so much choice is being offerred now, NOIDA is great for end user - just chose the flat as if you are going to live in it and forget about what the price is and where it is going in next 2 years.

Make sure to book in a good project with assured construction - preferably visible on the ground. Even a resale purchase of such property - eg. LB - would be a good idea.

I suspect a huge number of abandoned/hugely delayed projects in NOIDA
    CommentQuote
  • thanks everybody,
    waiting is one option. but for how long ? now thats the big question. i have been surveying various places the sectors mentioned as well as well asworth it if on is looking for jp wish town. though not throughly coz of constraint of time.yes there seems to be an oversupply.brokers are after u offering attractive prices.jp kosmos offering 26% discount on 2900psf plus other charges(DP)...... seems tempting if one is looking for quality lifestyle after retirement.still i feel wait is one of the better option till picture is more clear. as of now i feel its becoming a bit of confusing and a little of a herd mentality kin:bab (38):
    CommentQuote
  • totally agree with you. many people post that , some property is not good for self living, but it will be good for investment purposes. how can both be true? if a place is not livable why will it give good returns. can someone explain this paradox to me.
    Originally Posted by Venkytalks
    NOIDA is a poor place for investment.

But I feel for own use, one should buy some RE now - you may not be able to afford after a few years given tremendous inflation.

So when so much choice is being offerred now, NOIDA is great for end user - just chose the flat as if you are going to live in it and forget about what the price is and where it is going in next 2 years.

Make sure to book in a good project with assured construction - preferably visible on the ground. Even a resale purchase of such property - eg. LB - would be a good idea.

I suspect a huge number of abandoned/hugely delayed projects in NOIDA
    CommentQuote
  • Gurgaon!

Originally Posted by alokgarg
    totally agree with you. many people post that , some property is not good for self living, but it will be good for investment purposes. how can both be true? if a place is not livable why will it give good returns. can someone explain this paradox to me.

One example is Gurgaon. You know why.:bab (59):
    CommentQuote