Dear All,

Is it right time to book a flat or one should wait till "Deepawali"
as
1 ) there may be some chances of festival discount .(Advantage)
2) If this doesnt happen then price will either remain same or may increase .(Disadvantage)

3) More you delay then more chances of not getting the right location/floor.(Disadvantage)

Your comments are awaited.


Regards

Manish
Read more
Reply
108 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • I think the more you wait in current scenario, the more you keep getting pushed towards Pari Chowk. Anyways, if people are OK with that, then waiting is not all that bad of an option. You can still get the flats in resale in the currently ongoing sectors(direct sales for above 20th floor) but that will be resale and obviously at a higher price.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by alokgarg
    totally agree with you. many people post that , some property is not good for self living, but it will be good for investment purposes. how can both be true? if a place is not livable why will it give good returns. can someone explain this paradox to me.


    You might buy a small 2BHK for investment - but you may not want to live in such a small flat. People usually buy such flats in their 20s or early 30s and sell it to buy a 3BHK after marriage/ children / final settling down. It locks away RE value in your young days, without overextending when you cannot afford the bigger flat

    I doubt if such flats will give appreciation, or rental yield in next 5 years in NOIDA. Oversupply overhang. You will get better returns from FD.

    But if you want to live in it yourself, you can buy without hesitation right now. When you have a choice.

    Re. 26% discount, it is only 11% - 15% downpayment is not a real discount. Still, 11% dealer discount on Kosmos is a great price. I got much less :-(
    CommentQuote
  • you are kinda agreeing with me. 2 BHK is not livable and bad for investment. but I guess it makes sense on some levels if you only go by rent income.

    Originally Posted by Venkytalks
    You might buy a small 2BHK for investment - but you may not want to live in such a small flat. People usually buy such flats in their 20s or early 30s and sell it to buy a 3BHK after marriage/ children / final settling down. It locks away RE value in your young days, without overextending when you cannot afford the bigger flat

    I doubt if such flats will give appreciation, or rental yield in next 5 years in NOIDA. Oversupply overhang. You will get better returns from FD.

    But if you want to live in it yourself, you can buy without hesitation right now. When you have a choice.

    Re. 26% discount, it is only 11% - 15% downpayment is not a real discount. Still, 11% dealer discount on Kosmos is a great price. I got much less :-(
    CommentQuote
  • dear rajat by waiting i mean till the picture becomes a bit clear.in current scenario it is better to tread carefully with issues like oversupply,non registered land, non bankable projects ,lack of basic infrastructureetc.these r serious issues that need to be resolved.this holds gud for people who wants to play safe with their hard earned money. wait watch and then decide.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by sab_maya_hai
    dear rajat by waiting i mean till the picture becomes a bit clear.in current scenario it is better to tread carefully with issues like oversupply,non registered land, non bankable projects ,lack of basic infrastructureetc.these r serious issues that need to be resolved.this holds gud for people who wants to play safe with their hard earned money. wait watch and then decide.


    Completely agree with you. Got to do all the ground work before putting your hard earned money on line. My reference was more on the lines for people sitting in anticipation of better projects that will come up on E-Way as compared to now. i.e. Almost as in the case for waiting for that dream girl to arrive..
    CommentQuote
  • If your dream girl is already not waiting on the expressway, trust me, you will die a bachelor!!!!!
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Venkytalks
    If your dream girl is already not waiting on the expressway, trust me, you will die a bachelor!!!!!


    Couldn't word it any better than that... So true!!
    CommentQuote
  • hi venky
    nice of u to give ur opinion on kosmos.its interesting reading ur views on different thread of varied nature(alok's too). one of my cousins an armyman booked kasa isles on DP 26% discount.same was offered to me for kosmos 2bhk(BTW 2bhk is not that unlivable for a retiree couple children will be off the nest by that time once or twice a yr get togahthers can be adjusted within the given space, besides thats all in jp we can afford if we don't want to overstrech).we r used to moving around and putting up in whatever we r offered. .thats besides the point here i am thinking of why this chap is offering me so much discount that too floor of my choice !and kosmos been for long.are they not able to sell the project?when r they completed it?is it prudent to go for DP(70 % loan) for such a project?wat do u have to say to it? thanks anyways
    CommentQuote
  • my thinking on jaypee green noida is that, it's a high risk -high reward situation. on the upside, rates are pretty low for a project of this specification and jaypee greens in Gnoida is one of the best place to live in NCR. downside is, you don't know when it will be completed and constant changes by jaypee in layout and number of flats.
    Originally Posted by sab_maya_hai
    hi venky
    nice of u to give ur opinion on kosmos.its interesting reading ur views on different thread of varied nature(alok's too). one of my cousins an armyman booked kasa isles on DP 26% discount.same was offered to me for kosmos 2bhk(BTW 2bhk is not that unlivable for a retiree couple children will be off the nest by that time once or twice a yr get togahthers can be adjusted within the given space, besides thats all in jp we can afford if we don't want to overstrech).we r used to moving around and putting up in whatever we r offered. .thats besides the point here i am thinking of why this chap is offering me so much discount that too floor of my choice !and kosmos been for long.are they not able to sell the project?when r they completed it?is it prudent to go for DP(70 % loan) for such a project?wat do u have to say to it? thanks anyways
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by sab_maya_hai
    hi venky
    nice of u to give ur opinion on kosmos.its interesting reading ur views on different thread of varied nature(alok's too). one of my cousins an armyman booked kasa isles on DP 26% discount.same was offered to me for kosmos 2bhk(BTW 2bhk is not that unlivable for a retiree couple children will be off the nest by that time once or twice a yr get togahthers can be adjusted within the given space, besides thats all in jp we can afford if we don't want to overstrech).we r used to moving around and putting up in whatever we r offered. .thats besides the point here i am thinking of why this chap is offering me so much discount that too floor of my choice !and kosmos been for long.are they not able to sell the project?when r they completed it?is it prudent to go for DP(70 % loan) for such a project?wat do u have to say to it? thanks anyways


    Pocket your 11% dealer discount. Go for tranche EMI on CLP or on PArtial downpayment with 11% discount instead of 15% - see earlier discussions on this (click on my name and see previous posts, I have discussed in detail).
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by sab_maya_hai
    dear rajat by waiting i mean till the picture becomes a bit clear.in current scenario it is better to tread carefully with issues like oversupply,non registered land, non bankable projects ,lack of basic infrastructureetc.these r serious issues that need to be resolved.this holds gud for people who wants to play safe with their hard earned money. wait watch and then decide.

    Sometimes one can overanalyse the situation to a fault and loose out on available opportunities. We are in India. Infrastructure constraint is a reality of life which is hitting everyone everywhere. As regards uncertain projects, who is forcing you to buy there. Buy only from good reputed builder(there are enough available) and you wont have any problem. Looking at only problems will bring negativity inside your mind. And as for oversupply, you getting these kind of prices due to oversupply only. Many ppl who advise you here on waiting wd themself have already bought something.
    CommentQuote
  • Oversupply and Prices

    Originally Posted by mt0587
    Sometimes one can overanalyse the situation to a fault and loose out on available opportunities. We are in India. Infrastructure constraint is a reality of life which is hitting everyone everywhere. As regards uncertain projects, who is forcing you to buy there. Buy only from good reputed builder(there are enough available) and you wont have any problem. Looking at only problems will bring negativity inside your mind. And as for oversupply, you getting these kind of prices due to oversupply only. Many ppl who advise you here on waiting wd themself have already bought something.


    When do you think Noida got oversupply? I feel When Lotus Boulevard there was no oversupply. Still it was launched around 2900 psf. It ws fter LB that overupply came in - all projectsin 74-78, 137, 142, 168 and Noida Extn. And after this oversupply the prices went to 3500 psf. Ajnara homes 121, Amrapali Zodiac, Jaypee cosmos were also launched before this oversupply. similar rates. So the current rates are NOT due to oversupply. These are high rise projects which Noida does not have yet. For same specs, high rises are cheaper than low rises. See Amrapali centurian parkat NE. 2400 psf vs 2000 psf for other amrapali projects at NE which are high rise.

    There is a really strong case for prices not increasing more than 5-10% in next 2 years. Amrapali platinum can be bought for 3500 psf today, with 27 floors erect. Those who bought must have dreamt of 4500 psf by now.

    Projects are not launching cheaper due to oversupply. The rate of price growth is capped due to oversupply.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by pravinchaudhary
    When do you think Noida got oversupply? I feel When Lotus Boulevard there was no oversupply. Still it was launched around 2900 psf. It ws fter LB that overupply came in - all projectsin 74-78, 137, 142, 168 and Noida Extn. And after this oversupply the prices went to 3500 psf. Ajnara homes 121, Amrapali Zodiac, Jaypee cosmos were also launched before this oversupply. similar rates. So the current rates are NOT due to oversupply. These are high rise projects which Noida does not have yet. For same specs, high rises are cheaper than low rises. See Amrapali centurian parkat NE. 2400 psf vs 2000 psf for other amrapali projects at NE which are high rise.

    There is a really strong case for prices not increasing more than 5-10% in next 2 years. Amrapali platinum can be bought for 3500 psf today, with 27 floors erect. Those who bought must have dreamt of 4500 psf by now.

    Projects are not launching cheaper due to oversupply. The rate of price growth is capped due to oversupply.

    How can you overlook Amrapali sapphire, 3C LB, LP, Logix, Mahagun moderne. All have given more than 10% since launch within one year. Launch price of LB was around 2.8K psf without discounts now the same thing is at 3750 psf(without discounts). So the theory of 5-10% appreciation does not stand in case of good projects by good builders. One needs to put his time on tracking those rather that worrying about Gardenia's or Sepertechs of the world.
    CommentQuote
  • What are current options?

    Originally Posted by mt0587
    How can you overlook Amrapali sapphire, 3C LB, LP, Logix, Mahagun moderne. All have given more than 10% since launch within one year. Launch price of LB was around 2.8K psf without discounts now the same thing is at 3750 psf(without discounts). So the theory of 5-10% appreciation does not stand in case of good projects by good builders. One needs to put his time on tracking those rather that worrying about Gardenia's or Sepertechs of the world.


    Yes, these projects have appreaciated more than 10%. But, do you not think that the current rates of these are already high enough for an under construction project? Do you expect more than 10% upside from now in these projects in 1 year? Actually when someone has enough money to buy a flat of needed size for self use in to these projects, he can buy and relax. Even I would, if I had money. But many are on tight budget. Like in my case, I need a 3 BHK with 3T. In 40L, I can only manage a 2BHK + study + 2T in these. so, booked with a small builder, Hyde Park for 40L. Now there is a big risk. For me, it I feel it wuld be better to wait for 1 year, see construction progress and then book at 45L (as salary would increase in 1 yr, budget would also increase).

    So my judgement is, for budget buyers going for not-so-reputed builders, wait for 1 yr.
    CommentQuote
  • Infact PAN Oasis was available around 2875-2925 in Sep-09 in corporate deal(and by help of broker any body was able to get corporate rate)....Now it quotes around 3600-3700...and same is true with other project like LB,Mahagun etc....infact few months back lot of projects were available at around 2500-2700 all inclusive in sector 7X and expressway, but now most of this project are available at 3000+....so its always not a good idea to wait for oppurtunity to enter in a investement as you never know if opportunity will ever come....if you have zeroed on a good project its always better to invest in it, but make sure that you get lowest possible rate(by checking with as many brokers as you can and also check if you can get corporate rates, as most of the broker will help you in getting corporate rates)....oversupply will always come in picture and prices may not rise very quickly but you can make good profit by buying a good prelaunched property by getting risk reward due to low price at prelaunch phase.

    Originally Posted by mt0587
    How can you overlook Amrapali sapphire, 3C LB, LP, Logix, Mahagun moderne. All have given more than 10% since launch within one year. Launch price of LB was around 2.8K psf without discounts now the same thing is at 3750 psf(without discounts). So the theory of 5-10% appreciation does not stand in case of good projects by good builders. One needs to put his time on tracking those rather that worrying about Gardenia's or Sepertechs of the world.
    CommentQuote