Dear All,

Is it right time to book a flat or one should wait till "Deepawali"
as
1 ) there may be some chances of festival discount .(Advantage)
2) If this doesnt happen then price will either remain same or may increase .(Disadvantage)

3) More you delay then more chances of not getting the right location/floor.(Disadvantage)

Your comments are awaited.

Regards

Manish
Read more
108 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Prices would go up from builder

Originally Posted by Venkytalks
    I would not wait and watch till Diwali - these prices are here to stay and can only go up from here, seeing how stock and RE markets are behaving.

Looks like there has been massive absorption of the new NOIDA launches - even if not, builders are back to their game of increasing prices every 4 months just as a tactic.

Yes Venky,

I also feel that prices will go up from builder. My case for waiting is that a lot of investors would be there that would want to sell before they get possession. Most of the buyers have been absorbed by this storm of housing. It would be hard for the individual sellers to sell their units at premium over current rates. There is a risk, of course. (without it, what would investment be!). For some, the risk of price rise is higher, and for some like, risk for project execution is more.
    CommentQuote
  • Any how if somebody wants to enter in RE for self consumption this is the best time as property prices are not too high....old projects that were launched around 2500-2700 have already been absorbed and builder have now oppurtunity to hold on the prices or increase....I feel during dipawali builder may launch some premium project as already lot of affordable segment has been launched and now builder may target premium segment as they have much higher profit margin in this segment...so when somebody have already zeored on location and project its always better to enter rather then waiting in hope that prices will go down, during downturn lot of people were in opinion that prices will go below 2000 and hence wait and enter later but that never happened and will not happen...there is no surity that during deepawali builder will reduce the rate...they may launch some scheme like (AC free etc.) but with increase in current price.

Originally Posted by pravinchaudhary
    Yes Venky,

I also feel that prices will go up from builder. My case for waiting is that a lot of investors would be there that would want to sell before they get possession. Most of the buyers have been absorbed by this storm of housing. It would be hard for the individual sellers to sell their units at premium over current rates. There is a risk, of course. (without it, what would investment be!). For some, the risk of price rise is higher, and for some like, risk for project execution is more.
    CommentQuote
  • with inflation at double digit. we r making fool of our selves if we think price will fall at this diwali.demand supply thing do work, may be u wont see too steap rise in prices.but prices of construction will keep on increasing n passed on to the buyers.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by narinder
    with inflation at double digit. we r making fool of our selves if we think price will fall at this diwali.demand supply thing do work, may be u wont see too steap rise in prices.but prices of construction will keep on increasing n passed on to the buyers.

It is not just inflation. We are living in very exciting times for our country. People who think they have already seen the boom are grossly wrong. India is going to move ahead at even greater pace and create more and more wealth. Now either we believe it and play along or we can decide to over complicate our thinking and loose out. I get surprised when the whole world has tremendous confidence in Indian growth but we don't. Noida is not going to be left behind for sure. So put your money in property or even in some good equity instrument and five years down the line you wd be surprised as to how much money you made. This is just the starting of the growth story friends. The later you join the more you loose.
    CommentQuote
  • yes it seems rates r not going near the lower sides. infact it seems rates are on the higher side than say about a month ago.builders are either reducing discounts or increasing the prices or withdrawing their freebies. it can be a sellers tactics or otherwise i dunno.seems like the law of economics of excessive supply-demand is being put to test.
    CommentQuote
  • The cost inflation index is around 800, it has grown by 300 points in 5 years.

Due to recent flood situation in North and west , inflation has been marked at 15% for last qtr. What does this mean, prices are only going to go further up.

Now even if u expect a minimum growth of 10% per annum on average, you are looking at doubling your wealth in 7 years time. Yes the value of Re will depreciate, but we shall see more crorepatis:)

btw KBC is round the corner, i will try and participate this time round:D

As an optimist i am on mt0587 side:)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Munish Malhautra
    The cost inflation index is around 800, it has grown by 300 points in 5 years.

Due to recent flood situation in North and west , inflation has been marked at 15% for last qtr. What does this mean, prices are only going to go further up.

Now even if u expect a minimum growth of 10% per annum on average, you are looking at doubling your wealth in 7 years time. Yes the value of Re will depreciate, but we shall see more crorepatis:)

Just as a topping on the cream, Delhi NCR has been rated as highest job creator in the country by Assochan Placement Pattern study. So stay tuned...
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by mt0587
    It is not just inflation. We are living in very exciting times for our country. People who think they have already seen the boom are grossly wrong. India is going to move ahead at even greater pace and create more and more wealth. Now either we believe it and play along or we can decide to over complicate our thinking and loose out. I get surprised when the whole world has tremendous confidence in Indian growth but we don't. Noida is not going to be left behind for sure. So put your money in property or even in some good equity instrument and five years down the line you wd be surprised as to how much money you made. This is just the starting of the growth story friends. The later you join the more you loose.

i agree with u mt0587 but we must also keep pricing factor in mind
    just because there is growth in india it doesnt mean we should put money in property & stock for investment at any level

who knows current price is already factoring the future growth & we must also keep valuation in mind while investing & taking risk factor into consideration as there r enough speculation in our system

although i agree with ur views buying good property & good equity instrument is a better option for long term investment & it may outperform other instrument

just to add we should keep valuation in mind for every investment otherwise indian economy may keep on growing but our investment may not:bab (6):
    CommentQuote
  • Munish
    Even the kbc has factored in inflation ...
    Now the winning prize is 5 Cr ...
    even they know one can't get a decent house in 1Cr
    as the govt take their cut of 40%
    All the best :)

Originally Posted by Munish Malhautra

CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by simsim
    i agree with u mt0587 but we must also keep pricing factor in mind
    just because there is growth in india it doesnt mean we should put money in property & stock for investment at any level

who knows current price is already factoring the future growth & we must also keep valuation in mind while investing & taking risk factor into consideration as there r enough speculation in our system

although i agree with ur views buying good property & good equity instrument is a better option for long term investment & it may outperform other instrument

just to add we should keep valuation in mind for every investment otherwise indian economy may keep on growing but our investment may not:bab (6):

Your point is very well appreciated. My submission is not to blindly go into any instrument but at the same time we must keep faith in our growth story. I have made investments regularly since much before the big crash to till now and I must tell you 95% investments are above the levels seen before Jan 2008 crash. So whether disruptions wd be there....the answer is yes. But wd we stall...the answer is NO. Only market I missed in life has been RE because at all times I just kept on thinking that it is very costly and the prices wd come down. It never happened. 2 years back brother rejected a property in Gurgaon at 27Lacs saying prices wd come down. Just last year he bought a similar sized property in same building at 42 Lacs. So invest we must but also make sure to keep enough with ourselves to tide over some disruptions. Keeping money idle in this economy with High growth and High inflation is like putting your money in the open for everybody to pilfer.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by mt0587
    Your point is very well appreciated. My submission is not to blindly go into any instrument but at the same time we must keep faith in our growth story. I have made investments regularly since much before the big crash to till now and I must tell you 95% investments are above the levels seen before Jan 2008 crash. So whether disruptions wd be there....the answer is yes. But wd we stall...the answer is NO. Only market I missed in life has been RE because at all times I just kept on thinking that it is very costly and the prices wd come down. It never happened. 2 years back brother rejected a property in Gurgaon at 27Lacs saying prices wd come down. Just last year he bought a similar sized property in same building at 42 Lacs. So invest we must but also make sure to keep enough with ourselves to tide over some disruptions. Keeping money idle in this economy with High growth and High inflation is like putting your money in the open for everybody to pilfer.

Hi mt0587,

I use to read your comments in many threads ..those are really elaborative type & helps one to take a decision.

I have purchased recently in LB in fresh booking in fourth phase, its 2BHK (1015 sqft). (You might be aware that the rates in LB are very high) But i liked the location & builder and possession time was playing in my mind.

I have purchased this for my own use not for investment but still I would like to know from you future rates after possession.

Can you please comments about my decision & future of LB and the whole area around ?

Which builders are involved in the construction of commercial shown in the sector (96, 97 & 98) close to LB?

Waiting for your reply.

thanks,
    LChand
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by nibha
    Munish
    Even the kbc has factored in inflation ...
    Now the winning prize is 5 Cr ...
    even they know one can't get a decent house in 1Cr
    as the govt take their cut of 40%
    All the best :)

It was an intended pun when i said abt participating in KBC. I have a 3rd class luck in ga-mbling anyway so no chance:)
    Anyway i feel those who are going to wait till Diwali will not gain anything as prices are only going to go north.
    If u have the money take it now else stay put.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by LChand
    Hi mt0587,

I use to read your comments in many threads ..those are really elaborative type & helps one to take a decision.

I have purchased recently in LB in fresh booking in fourth phase, its 2BHK (1015 sqft). (You might be aware that the rates in LB are very high) But i liked the location & builder and possession time was playing in my mind.

I have purchased this for my own use not for investment but still I would like to know from you future rates after possession.

Can you please comments about my decision & future of LB and the whole area around ?

Which builders are involved in the construction of commercial shown in the sector (96, 97 & 98) close to LB?

Waiting for your reply.

thanks,
    LChand

What was the total cost for lotus boulevard? (including everything) On which floor? I am also looking for one in LB but it seems that price has already appreciated there.
    CommentQuote
  • Diwali and new years will offer new projects..

Expect a maximum increased rate of 200-300 psf for new projects..that too in certain locations..
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by pkmittal
    What was the total cost for lotus boulevard? (including everything) On which floor? I am also looking for one in LB but it seems that price has already appreciated there.

you might be aware of the current price by 3C. Deduct 3% from it. It was a total discount of 6.5%. 3% on the spot from 3C & rest after 4 installments from the broker.
    Mine is on 6th floor, tower 20

If you are ready to purchase at this amount.. i think..3C still should have inventory...carry a pay-check..& am sure..they'll have something or go with resale...but I liked to directly deal with builder..than with the buyers/investors..

I have attached an excel sheet for your calculation which i had prepared during purchase in LB. It also gives EMI.

Best luck
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote