Dear All,

Is it right time to book a flat or one should wait till "Deepawali"
as
1 ) there may be some chances of festival discount .(Advantage)
2) If this doesnt happen then price will either remain same or may increase .(Disadvantage)

3) More you delay then more chances of not getting the right location/floor.(Disadvantage)

Your comments are awaited.

Regards

Manish
Read more
108 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by zohaib
    Huh....since when I proclaimed myself as an "Expert", i make it very clear that I DONT know when i dont know.
    Pls read my many posts where I simply answer " No idea"

I only share what i know...not "copy and paste" info.

There are hundreds of posts on this forum itself when people are commenting on areas, projects without EVEN knowing where exactly they exist and I will definately "question" that.

I do ground research and share it without any bias..
    I will continue to question people who have never visited the site, never seen the project but love to comment on it.

Any opinion should be backed by some actual research, logic, facts and common sense...rather than just giving a comment for the heck of it.

I have no issues with Experts there are many on this forum and they back their posts with logics and Facts....rather than throwing statements around by reading some post on net, media, t.v

I dont believe in statements like "he is so and so" so believe him.
    never have..never will

Cheers

And what makes you think that the chairman of the biggest housing conglomerate does not have any idea or data or facts on the property market and needs to visit the Zing site to comment on the state of indian housing market....???
    CommentQuote
  • no ,you don't call yourself an expert but you certainly behave like one and other people call you an expert( by the way same is the case with HDFC chairman. he doesn't call himself an expert, its the other people who call him one and he gives his opinions like an expert).

and I have read a lot of your posts and the facts in them are accurate and I don't have any problem with that. it's the conclusion and opinion that you derive out of them that I and other people don't agree with sometimes. well at that point you really start to behave like a tv expert with long posts and generalizations and calling anyone opposing you "copy and pasters"
    Originally Posted by zohaib
    Huh....since when I proclaimed myself as an "Expert", i make it very clear that I DONT know when i dont know.
    Pls read my many posts where I simply answer " No idea"

I only share what i know...not "copy and paste" info.

There are hundreds of posts on this forum itself when people are commenting on areas, projects without EVEN knowing where exactly they exist and I will definately "question" that.

I do ground research and share it without any bias..
    I will continue to question people who have never visited the site, never seen the project but love to comment on it.

Any opinion should be backed by some actual research, logic, facts and common sense...rather than just giving a comment for the heck of it.

I have no issues with Experts there are many on this forum and they back their posts with logics and Facts....rather than throwing statements around by reading some post on net, media, t.v

I dont believe in statements like "he is so and so" so believe him.
    never have..never will

Cheers

CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by mt0587
    I think this person should be made chairman of HDFC. He thinks he can call one of the most respected bankers of the country a joker on the strength of two car rides between Noida and greater noida. There are many self styled experts on this forum mainly propped up by confused ppl who do not know their stuff, But you take the cake my friend....Well my free suggestion to the all knowing expert is first try to understand the difference between micro and Macro factors affecting an economy and then only comment on what Deepak parekh has said.

At least I made 2 Small trips in my Small Car and Post the Realities ON GROUND, which i hope someone will benefit from.

You can worship Mr. HDFC...good for you
    I believe in what i see...

P.S : I have never proclaimed myself as an expert...I know what i know..and i share it....i question and i gather info.
    If i dont know....I simply say..I dont know

What if the owners of DLF & Hiranandani (biggest names in RE) give you active comments and advices....then would you believe in them or rather do your own research

I would still do my own research using their Info

CommentQuote
  • Some Brain tonic

1. Currency war going on
    2. Top 4 economies into deflation.
    3. US housing prices not growing
    4. Huge job losses worldwide including China
    5. Zooming commodity prices

Thus if global economy contracts, especially US, and head the way japanese economy is struggling since past 20 yrs of 1980's recession, or east asia since 1998 bust, do you still believe indian job and salary growth will be sustainable at 18% CPI . , interest rate will go up, tvm of ruppee goes down, property has to fall (as VaR of mortgages will go up), but not interest rate . thus think about -ve returns on property in India between 91-98to 2000-2005 just after recession
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by zohaib

At least I made 2 Small trips in my Small Car and Post the Realities ON GROUND, which i hope someone will benefit from.

P.S : I have never proclaimed myself as an expert...I know what i know..and i share it....i question and i gather info.

What if the owners of DLF & Hiranandani (biggest names in RE) give you active comments and advices....then would you believe in them or rather do your own research

My free advises to the expert:
    Pls do not overindulge yourself by thinking that all the other ppl are fools who do not visit the site of the project before puting their life's savings in the project. sems like you are already feeling that you have become some sort property guru...
    And exactly as you said, do not comment on things or ppl you know nothing about. You have shown clearly by equating the DLF's and Unitech's with Deepak Parekh that You don't know the man. You don't know his contributions to Indian banking industry. And you pass comments on him....
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by alokgarg
    no ,you don't call yourself an expert
    Thanks for accpeting that
    but you certainly behave like one and other people call you an expert( by the way same is the case with HDFC chairman. he doesn't call himself an expert, its the other people who call him one and he gives his opinions like an expert).
    I am not an expert...I am just a middle class man who is sharing info..this is not being an "expert"

and I have read a lot of your posts and the facts in them are accurate and I don't have any problem with that. it's the conclusion and opinion that you derive out of them that I and other people don't agree with sometimes.
    Of course even a 10 acre central park will have different views from different balconies. and thanx for accepting that i try to give facts

well at that point you really start to behave like a tv expert with long posts and generalizations and calling anyone opposing you "copy and pasters"
    Many people are actually like that...whether you accept this fact or not...look at the Posts...many are posting for the heck of it.
    Most of them are just biased.

People can use my "Personal Opinions" (i try to write this in most of my ofrums)....or simply discard them....I am enjoying the sharing of info..i got to know a lot through this forum..and shared it with my friend..who is happy after his buy at 3C Zing...and i will get great tandoori, barbeque dinner at his place for that...:bab (59):
    Thank you IREF

CommentQuote
  • Guys cool off . Everybody has the right to express his/her views .

One should try to be courteous enough ,to express their view point only & not force it on somebody.

Originally Posted by zohaib

CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by anubhaviit
    Some Brain tonic

1. Currency war going on
    2. Top 4 economies into deflation.
    3. US housing prices not growing
    4. Huge job losses worldwide including China
    5. Zooming commodity prices

Thus if global economy contracts, especially US, and head the way japanese economy is struggling since past 20 yrs of 1980's recession, or east asia since 1998 bust, do you still believe indian job and salary growth will be sustainable at 18% CPI . , interest rate will go up, tvm of ruppee goes down, property has to fall (as VaR of mortgages will go up), but not interest rate . thus think about -ve returns on property in India between 91-98to 2000-2005 just after recession

Thanks for info...

I will still buy before New Year...
    Because i am an end user...not an investor...

CommentQuote
  • Mr HDFC is just cautious, and if infact real estate collapse due to external macro economic reasons, his bank will be one of the wost hit, his bank stock prices will crash, so take his words on a cautious note, India is on planet earth, not on moon, one day or other will will also have to slow down, if everyone else slows.
    CommentQuote
  • yes you are end user, but how many indians do u think are like you who can afford 1 cr house (tvm of 20 yr loan) without knowing whats going to happen after 3 yrs and bank has collateral of that property who's market value will only be determined with what buyer are willing to pay, not what seller expects.

i see only 30% end users at present and rest all is financial bubble
    CommentQuote
  • all said and done... its great to see ppl sharing their opinion and advice... but we should have an open mind towards others' thoughts as well...rather than being rigid and cynical... thats the way we evolve...
    thanks everybody
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by mt0587
    And what makes you think that the chairman of the biggest housing conglomerate does not have any idea or data or facts on the property market and needs to visit the Zing site to comment on the state of indian housing market....???

Because its a very general statement which doesnt make any sense.
    Mumbai, Delhi, Noida is NOT one Project by HDFC...its a huge land bank and millions of people are waiting to make it a home...

Oversupply is always good for end users if they select a Good builder.

Oversupply in Noida...its a very strange statement...Noida has sector 15A....do you see any over supply there?????

Oversupply in Gurgaon....Very strange...Do you see oversupply opposite the Golf course

Oversupply in Delhi...very dumb...Golf links Is in delhi..anyone has any idea about over supply there

REAL ESTATE comments can never be general...they have to be specific for a location.
    in 2008-09 when recession was there...many properties in delhi, noida, gurgaon were still gaining...

After 2 years if a region has prices going on UP..many will see less or maybe No increase.

Real estate has many aspects to it..which are ON GROUND...

CommentQuote
  • I agree. Nice comment. Quite well put.

Originally Posted by Ranjit.jha
    all said and done... its great to see ppl sharing their opinion and advice... but we should have an open mind towards others' thoughts as well...rather than being rigid and cynical... thats the way we evolve...
    thanks everybody
    CommentQuote
  • My friend bought a 2 bedroom unit for 30 lakhs all inclusive....
    At a Great Location.....Many projects will be around 25-30 lakhs for 2 bedroom in Noida region....Chances of them coming down to 15-20 lakhs are less
    CommentQuote
  • Pls go back and read the comments again. The comment is on the commercial real estate market. If you wd have seen entire interview on CNBC he has said about NCR that though there has been very large supply, but the rate of absorption also has been good and expect it to remain firm in the near future. He has talked about vacant ready to move in commercial spaces in various cities and said that he expects commercial real estate prices and rentals to be under pressure for some time to come.
    CommentQuote