Hi All,

I have a budget of 25 lac for down payment to invest in a property. I am looking at Noida - Greater Noida region. Can someone with experience here suggest me as per my budget the best option or deals to go for now.

Thanks
Read more
55 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • BANK FD.....trust me you will be better off in 3 years time.

Regards
    Sbajaj
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks Sbajaj,

However I am looking at investing in real estate not in bank.
    CommentQuote
  • sole purpose of "investing" is to create money out of your capital .....right ?

you will make more money from FD then in real estate (NOIDA) in the next 3 years bcoz when more than 3 lakhs flat will be ready (IF at all they all get built n time) and more supply will come then all the investors will be running from pillar to post to dispose off the flats at any cost to avoid interest loses n extra charges like registry n all.

With only Rs. 25 lakhs.....you will earn more from FD.

Regards
    Sbajaj
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by sbajaj
    sole purpose of "investing" is to create money out of your capital .....right ?

you will make more money from FD then in real estate (NOIDA) in the next 3 years bcoz when more than 3 lakhs flat will be ready (IF at all they all get built n time) and more supply will come then all the investors will be running from pillar to post to dispose off the flats at any cost to avoid interest loses n extra charges like registry n all.

Regards
    Sbajaj

But that's possible only if you have 25Lac in your hand. most people are in investing in RE with Construction Linked plan. Why ? Because they don't have 25-30 lac money at present. So, they prefer to invest money in chunks and then to take bank loans when they are out of the money. There are number of service class investors in the market.

And also, to make some bigger profit, you will need to take some risks. just to be watchful and don't invest all your money at one place.
    CommentQuote
  • Desi Guru has it!

Originally Posted by guesswho
    But that's possible only if you have 25Lac in your hand. most people are in investing in RE with Construction Linked plan. Why ? Because they don't have 25-30 lac money at present. So, they prefer to invest money in chunks and then to take bank loans when they are out of the money. There are number of service class investors in the market.

And also, to make some bigger profit, you will need to take some risks. just to be watchful and don't invest all your money at one place.

As per Desi Guru's post, he probably has it in hand.
    CommentQuote
  • What about existing property then?

I should take your opinion as you have a lot of exp in real estate. I dont. But I have some doubts.

If this is the case, then a 3000/sqft flat today should cost no more than 4000/sqft after 3 years. Then what would be the prices of property that exists today, with much lesser amenities (albeit low-rise)? If flat prices are 4000/sf, raw plot prices should not be more than 5000, which they are even today. So do yu think, there would not be any growth (actually -ve, considering inflation) for those who are buying ready to move property today?

If yes, then this might be the best time to sell ready possession property in Noida. What are your plans for you flat in ATS ?

Originally Posted by sbajaj
    sole purpose of "investing" is to create money out of your capital .....right ?

Regards
    Sbajaj
    CommentQuote
  • pravin - Whatever you do in life - Important lessons should be learned quickly n better if it's learned the hard way - fortunatley n unfortunately i have learned it well n very very hard way.

Real estate is all about - Timing, Location n last n most important "demand n supply".

What are we discussing here - end use or investment ? clear your mind first. The post is about investing only so let's talk investment -

1) Ready to move in property - who on earth will buy this for investment purpose when you have to pay 100% payment in one go n top of it you are buying 5-10 years old property (may be 20) ?

2) Under Construction property - money goes over the period of 2-3 years + bank loan facility + EMI is less for the first year or so. This can be considered for middle class users but you never know what will you get but best option for salaried - middle class.

3) Now look what is happening nowdays - every tom dick n harry is a builder n launching project left right n centre - I can bet 25% of the projects will not see light of the day - 50% of the project will be delayed by minimum 2-3 years and remaing 25% will have some issue or the other (which i don't want to discuss again bcoz i have already posted this before).

value picking is the key. Quality of your investment is the most important thing in this game. not many will understand this on IREF as i can make out there mindset and circumstances.

ATS - for me every investment is like "fill it - shut it - forget about it". I don't need to know for the next 20 years what it's worth bcoz i know even when i was kid in RE i choose wisely.

Regards
    Sbajaj
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by pravinchaudhary
    I should take your opinion as you have a lot of exp in real estate. I dont. But I have some doubts.

If this is the case, then a 3000/sqft flat today should cost no more than 4000/sqft after 3 years. Then what would be the prices of property that exists today, with much lesser amenities (albeit low-rise)? If flat prices are 4000/sf, raw plot prices should not be more than 5000, which they are even today. So do yu think, there would not be any growth (actually -ve, considering inflation) for those who are buying ready to move property today?

If yes, then this might be the best time to sell ready possession property in Noida. What are your plans for you flat in ATS ?

ha ha, ATS flat of Mr bajaj is just a penny for him. You just say it and he will hand over it you..:bab (59):
    CommentQuote
  • With loan?

I would have to take a loan even to pay the rent for that 2800 sqft flat!

Originally Posted by guesswho
    ha ha, ATS flat of Mr bajaj is just a penny for him. You just say it and he will hand over it you..:bab (59):
    CommentQuote
  • Thank you Mr Bajaj

Thank you for your detailed reply, Mr Bajaj.

I am a salaried class and would like to own a plot but can not afford one, hence opting for a flat. My reason for buying in Noida is that I find it better than any other city and still in budget, so would like to have a home here. My current choice is Hyde park in sector 78 2718/sqft in flexi and sunshine helios in sec 78 3000/sqft in flexi. Please tell your views on these.

I am also skeptical about the newly launched projects. Can you tell, acc to your feeling, which ones may not see the light of the day and which ones should do well? Or, would you suggest buying a ready for possession flat after 3 years?
    CommentQuote
  • Pravin - I suggest - keep saving for another 6-9 months......loads n loads of properties will hit the market in resale as well as new launches.

Then look for a project where construction has started n going on at a good pace and all approvals n final plan ( floor n project) is in place and there is no scope of any change - then buy.....be wise with your hard earned money.

I can give you in writing - If i am in your position under current circumstances then this is what i will do.

rest your money - your call

regards
    Sbajaj
    CommentQuote
  • This thread is an interesting read ..
    ...and Interestingly he didn't suggest even 15% assured return schemes
    and yes, I found Mr Bajaj analysis earnest!
    CommentQuote
  • Mr SBajaj, Pravin and all other contributers to this thread,

I have 25 lacs readily available. I am not really interested in keeping the money in bank. I would really like to invest it in property and as Mr. Bajaj said 'Forget about it'. I don't anticipate needing that much of money in the next 3-5 years so my investment period extends.

I would really like to invest it with some reputed build/developer. I am happy even if the return on that amount is from 10-15%.

Hence any views.
    CommentQuote
  • :bab (24): hmm..Mr bajaj made us to think again... I agree with Mr bajaj to an extent.. There are always safer options for investment and they have sure but small and slow returns and at present everyone wants to make a quick money..So, as per me in the currently scenario, ..Don't invest your all the hard earned money but invest something and that too only if you have the holding power and don't press the panic button..

Like Mr bajaj himself said he wants to forget about ATS penny for next 15-20 yrs. then why don't you invest now and forget for next 5-7 years or more..And who knows after 1-2 yr , you get the expected returns..

My friend bought some land in Rohtak in Haryana last year with some lacs and now that's worth of a crore..

Invest but with care..!!! Luck does matter in RE.:bab (35):
    CommentQuote
  • land

Dear all, i will suggust to invest in land at rewari ,bhiwadi , palwal or kundli , or sonipat 25 k .bcs if u purchase then automaticly supply will less . Bcs u purchase land frm total land area available at that place . Demand of land always there . If u have salaried then go to flat in flexi, but not in down payment, ln land u will get immediately possesion and registry and u will sale anytime after registry, rakesh
    CommentQuote