LIFE of High Rise Buildings?

Last updated: October 1 2010
30 | Posts
6886 | Views
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LIFE of High Rise Buildings?

What is the likely life of High Rise Buildings? (of Sec 137 ,Nodia Extension in particular)..I mean down 40 yrs would these buildings be safe to live!
    Due to cyclical exposure to rains & heat , over the period of years....

Does builder guarantee anything in this regard?

Are there any norms for concrete mix..do we ssafely assume builder is adhereing to specified concrete mix..else what?

Re : LIFE of High Rise Buildings?

depends on construction and then maintenance.

A well constructed and well maintained building can typically be liveable for 70-80 years. Though no such data is available in Delhi, as most of high rises made by builders are not very old.

One multistoreyed building made by builder is in Sujan Singh Park...opposite khan market...(not 10-12 floors but much less) and its still well intact.

Cant say much about present builders but if you are so concerned (which is right also)...i would suggest that invest in some land also in a good "future"location...it will be cheap now and after 15-20 years it will be well developed..then one can sell the appartment and make a house. The construction cost doesnt go up so much..its always the land.

If you have such fears...it safe to buy land on Yamuna expressway (preferably private developers) and then build a house there after 15 - 20 years when it will be well developed

Comment

Thanks Zohaib for the insights.
      I have fear of landing at the mercy of spurious builder whose callous or lousy commitment would render building getting dillipidated earlier...
      The world be better with following of ISO/EURO norms etc..and Govt might like to have some quality Assurance Programme ...

Comment

Its a very good question you have raised..a middle class family in delhi NCR region buys property for their next generation also.

The projects coming up now are very high..10 stories and more..and there is no data available to justify any claims regd the life of skyscrapers.

With the quality control in India, it would be a great idea to do this..to secure you next generations future.

Because let me highlight that India is a very populated country and limited cities with Job market. Development is confined to cities only.
        In North India Delhi NCR is and will always be the prime real estate area.

If one has a slightly high budget..it would be wise to buy some land 150 sq.yards or so in a private developers complex in a well connected area.
        After 15-20 years...one can easily make a house of their choice.

Plot areas have security issues but with latest electronic survellinace systems available..you will get a better secured house than any of the appartment complex.

Private complex has a gated complex and much better than govt. plot areas

This is for end use purpose only...

Comment

you have raised a very good point, which I think is necessary for future well being of a family. so where should one buy this plot in NCR in next 2-3 years so that it is livable after 10-15 years. I will like the location to be as close to delhi as possiible and rates in range of 30-40 k per square yard.
          Originally posted by zohaib View Post
          Its a very good question you have raised..a middle class family in delhi NCR region buys property for their next generation also.

The projects coming up now are very high..10 stories and more..and there is no data available to justify any claims regd the life of skyscrapers.

With the quality control in India, it would be a great idea to do this..to secure you next generations future.

Because let me highlight that India is a very populated country and limited cities with Job market. Development is confined to cities only.
          In North India Delhi NCR is and will always be the prime real estate area.

If one has a slightly high budget..it would be wise to buy some land 150 sq.yards or so in a private developers complex in a well connected area.
          After 15-20 years...one can easily make a house of their choice.

Plot areas have security issues but with latest electronic survellinace systems available..you will get a better secured house than any of the appartment complex.

Private complex has a gated complex and much better than govt. plot areas

This is for end use purpose only...

Comment

Exactly Zohaib.
            You have put words to my feelings and made my thoughts looking more coherent now.
            I could not agree more.
            however people have to decide to work long and hard for stable and long term benefits.
            Looks like its infintely better to eat self cooked foods ( Doctor wise) than that of Dhaba cultre (akin to present run of the mills builders)
            your suggestion of gated community type 'specially developed villa" type township ( Supertech upcountry/Amrapalli villa etc) looks good (and exotic to me)
            is this the idea who's time has come?
            I hate to be bit miser in approach to really shrug -off these schemes.
            here, economy rules the decision.

Nice to get builders view on their :
            Quality Assurance,
            what are their norms for concrete mix..
            Technically which standard they follow
            where are the approvals for this (last-ability of the tower esp high rise)
            which authority In India /Noida give such approval
            what are their granting parameters as well as monitoring parameters
            Any watch dog ?
            I was how many years old then....in " JAANE BHI DO YAROON " they specifically showed a builder , Taneja , who mix sundries in cement and his bridge fall down
            Are there any happenings in real life
            does builder make compromises with cement quantity etc?
            any ideas

Comment

It is better to ask some questions from the builder rather than " Jaane bhi do yaroon"
              1. What is the grade of concrete mix to be used like M20, M25 etc.
              2. the lab testing reports of in-situ concrete samples, which shows the actual strength of RCC construction.
              3. RCC dwgs of the tower showing the re-inforcement.

We need to demand these as a deterrent.

Comment

I have a strong liking for the Taj expressway..(Noida expressway and yamuna expressway)...Noida expressway has Jaypee plot..starting at 40k per square yard. I feel its a great location and price is fine

Else Pari chowk area in greater noida is an excellent area.
                Its fully developed..one can actually live here today..forget about 15 years.
                Expressway will connect you to delhi in the best possible way
                Rate are around 25k per sq.yard

Yamuna expressway...private projects..rates around 15k per sq. yard...but donot go further.

And in my opinion for END USE..never buy govt plots...the private developers plots are at least having some parks ...better roads and gated community.
                This is my personal opinion for END USE Purpose only

This area is the best area in delhi NCR and will see maximum infrastructure development.

Leave aside the airport...i assume that it WILL NEVER come...this region still has a strong base.

Good office spaces, well planned area, involvent of a private infra developer...excellent network of roads...certainly in 15-20 years its a great set up....

If one is thinking on these lines...its a good thing to buy a minimum 150 sq.yard plot for future keeping 15-20 years in mind.

Comment

Originally posted by pradeepV View Post
                  It is better to ask some questions from the builder rather than " Jaane bhi do yaroon"
                  1. What is the grade of concrete mix to be used like M20, M25 etc.
                  2. the lab testing reports of in-situ concrete samples, which shows the actual strength of RCC construction.
                  3. RCC dwgs of the tower showing the re-inforcement.

We need to demand these as a deterrent.
                  Pradeep you don't sound as a new member..
                  On the contrary you look like an expert!!
                  thanks for suggesting great questions..very very relevant indeed!
                  thanks again

Comment

Reagrding the concern about safety of of buildings down 40 yrs and due to cyclical exposure to rains & heat , over the period of years....

Don't worry, concrete is fire and heat resistant and impermeable, provided proper concrete mix is used, well laid and compacted and properly cured (or with admixtures, which does need curing). Even it can withstand in water for years without dis-integration.

Only one need to worry for the greed of the builder.

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                    Working...
                    X