Last updated: November 9 2010
23 | Posts
5330 | Views
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Hand experience of Higher Floors

Hi Guys,

as High Rise living is new in NCR, someone please give a first hand experience of living on higher floors.

1. Are insects less on higher floors? If yes, till which floor insects cause trouble?

2. How much does 1-side, 2-side and 3-side open matter?

3. How shaky is it in windy days?

4. If the view from balconies is green. which floors get the best view?

Re : First Hand experience of Higher Floors

[QUOTE=pravinchaudhary;122067]Hi Guys,

QUOTE]

I would like to comment on this point only -

Top floors shakes in windy conditions ...n when they move ......not only they shake your faith in buying them but also brings you closer to GOD.....bcoz only such experiences makes you realize how close you are from final call (whether anything happens or not).

My Friend in Gurgaon sold his 18th floor apartment at 10 lakhs discount just bcoz after one shaky experience ....his wife n 2 tiny tots refuses to come back in a flat ...she went to her parents house until he sorts out another option.

BTW - they did there research very well before they move into a high rise ....but research is one thing .....first hand experience is another.

What surprises me is this - when you buy a car ...you do test drives of many models/make before you choose one.....but not many does real time home work of living in high rise by doing some real leg work.

Regards
    Sbajaj
    Last edited November 1 2010, 04:58 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

[QUOTE=sbajaj;122075]
      Originally posted by pravinchaudhary View Post
      Hi Guys,

QUOTE]

I would like to comment on this point only -

Top floors shakes in windy conditions ...n when they move ......not only they shake your faith in buying them but also brings you closer to GOD.....bcoz only such experiences makes you realize how close you are from final call (whether anything happens or not).

My Friend in Gurgaon sold his 18th floor apartment at 10 lakhs discount just bcoz after one shaky experience ....his wife n 2 tiny tots refuses to come back in a flat ...she went to her parents house until he sorts out another option.

BTW - they did there research very well before they move into a high rise ....but research is one thing .....first hand experience is another.

What surprises me is this - when you buy a car ...you do test drives of many models/make before you choose one.....but not many does real time home work of living in high rise by doing some real leg work.

Regards
      Sbajaj
      please tell specifically which floors shake. or for me specifically, will the 10th floor shake?

how to do real time home work? it is not windy in Noida everyday, and when it is, it is difficult to step out of house, forget any research!

How do people buy flats worth crores and stay in skyscrappers then?

Comment

[QUOTE=pravinchaudhary;122103]
        Originally posted by sbajaj View Post
        please tell specifically which floors shake. or for me specifically, will the 10th floor shake?

how to do real time home work? it is not windy in Noida everyday, and when it is, it is difficult to step out of house, forget any research!

How do people buy flats worth crores and stay in skyscrappers then?
        How to do real time home work ?????????...........gosh if you don't have time then what is the point of writing ?

Just buy .....you will be fine in few years ( either happy or experienced )

:-)))

PS - if possible pick anything between 1st n 7th.

Regards
        Sbajaj

Comment

well regarding view, i believe one gets best view (greenery)till 3rd or max 4th floor.

Comment

A good one , bajaj .

[QUOTE=sbajaj;122107]

How to do real time home work ?????????...........gosh if you don't have time then what is the point of writing ?

Regards
            Sbajaj
            Please read IREF rules | FAQ's

Comment

[QUOTE=sbajaj;122107]

Regards
              Sbajaj
              I have experience upto 13th floor. Never experienced any shaking due to wind. Wind velocity is much more at heights as compared to near the ground. so you wd experience windy conditions more at heights. Park view is a waste for 13th floor and above as it is too far Down to make any visual pleasure impact on you especially if the park is small.

Comment

9th floor blues

I have lived on the ground floor and now living on the 9th floor of a building here in Noida, so here are my views:-

Hi Guys,

as High Rise living is new in NCR, someone please give a first hand experience of living on higher floors.

1. Are insects less on higher floors? If yes, till which floor insects cause trouble?
                There is no dearth of insects on the 9th floor. I have cockroaches, mosquitoes, flies, lizards, ants, etc. visiting my home on a regular basis. Regular Pest control keeps some of them at bay.

The insects that get attracted to lights are currently our new guests.

Its pretty much the same as my ground floor stay.

2. How much does 1-side, 2-side and 3-side open matter?
                I had a 3 side open house in both cases - so not much experience. In my opinion, cross ventilation matters in this case.

Haven't experienced the building shaking due to high winds. Maybe due to the design of the towers (all towers are attached). However, top floors are very windy (sometimes really bad, during dust storms and winters).

4. If the view from balconies is green. which floors get the best view?
                If you have greens at least 300m ahead of a 9th floor balcony, you will get a good view. Otherwise, you need to look down from the balcony to see the society park (which looks very small from that height)

Comment

I don't think experiences of one person in one building will apply to all the other buildings. if one building is shaky that doesn't mean all of them will be shaky. people are living in high rises in a lots of places with winds way faster then delhi. my thinking is high rises will be a fact of life in NCR like they are in every metro in few years. there will be good and bad experiences as with everything else in life. there are enough horror stories to pass around for every floor in building.

Comment

It's been weeks - I am still waiting for the answers of my questions which i raised about people experience in "doing some real leg work about High Rises".

:-)

Just BUY.....time bataayega ......iss nacheez ko yaad zaroor karna

:-))

Regards
                    Sbajaj

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                    Working...
                    X