High rise could be banned in Noida and GN : Scary

Last updated: December 31 2010
10 | Posts
3180 | Views
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High rise could be banned in Noida and GN : Scary

There is a news in today's Hindtsan (Hindi edition) that during a study by IIT-Roorkee, they have found that 90% of the high rise in Noida are unstable and poorly constructed. As Noida and GN region are on Yamuna Khadar, they are very unstable.

After last flood like situation NA asked IIT to do this research.

Note : E-Paper of this edition was not loading, so couldn't post the link. If someone has hard copy, you can see page #10, the property news.

Re : High rise could be banned in Noida and GN : Scary

number of power of attorney

also came across this article :

11,600 FLATS IN NOIDA, G. NOIDA STILL AWAIT OWNERSHIP

as per this : there could be only one power of attorney. if there are multiple, there could be problem.

Those who are buying in resale, please be sure about all the transfer being done till date.

Comment

Originally posted by amitexpert View Post
      There is a news in today's Hindtsan (Hindi edition) that during a study by IIT-Roorkee, they have found that 90% of the high rise in Noida are unstable and poorly constructed. As Noida and GN region are on Yamuna Khadar, they are very unstable.

Note : E-Paper of this edition was not loading, so couldn't post the link. If someone has hard copy, you can see page #10, the property news.

This news is looking extremely dangerous. Please some one confirm form noida authority because lot of people has put there hard earn money in these projects.

My friend has booked flat in Kensington boulevard i.e G+29 floor. I m thinking whether I should share this news or not?

Comment

Heading is mis-leading and more scary than the subject itself.

World over high rises are built in earthquake zones..

High rises can not be banned just because some builders have done bed job.

This kind of study, if at all made, are useless...some idle mind of some idle professor. will do more harm than good to any one.........

Comment

I agree. even more problematic is twisting of facts and misreporting by newspapers , which is very common in science and tech reporting by illiterate journalists. there are many examples of this. when was there a flood in noida. I don't remember any in last 3 years that i am living here.
          Originally posted by VKinNCR View Post
          Heading is mis-leading and more scary than the subject itself.

World over high rises are built in earthquake zones..

High rises can not be banned just because some builders have done bed job.

This kind of study, if at all made, are useless...some idle mind of some idle professor. will do more harm than good to any one.........

Comment

news are meant to be shared

it was "After last flood like situation" not flood in noida and i guess they referred to Delhi's flood situation.

btw there is no point in opposing this study just because we all have made our purchase in high rise, one should get into the details if he could and find out if its true. If it is, builder can be asked to take precautions from authorities.

BUT : does NA cares at all ?

Originally posted by alokgarg View Post
            I agree. even more problematic is twisting of facts and misreporting by newspapers , which is very common in science and tech reporting by illiterate journalists. there are many examples of this. when was there a flood in noida. I don't remember any in last 3 years that i am living here.

Comment

Originally posted by amitexpert View Post

I too read this report in HT and its important to see if NA authorities come out with any explanation or builder comes out with any specific statement after this

Comment

was it there in Hindustan Times (English edition) too, could you please post the link so that others can have a look too.

Originally posted by sharmafire View Post
                I too read this report in HT and its important to see if NA authorities come out with any explanation or builder comes out with any specific statement after this

Comment

Scary but people should be aware themselves

yes everybody knows this but nobody bothers it seems, not sure why. Everybody need money. Mumbai is seismic zone 3(medium damage zone), but delhi is in zone 4(high damage zone) and could have quakes even more than 6.5 on ricter scale.

Comment

This news (or rather the scare) is pretty old.

In fact the reason Hafeez Contracto proposal to bild the highest tower was shelved a few years back was because of fears that NOIDA flood plain lands might "melt" under the weight of the skyscrapers

Delhi suburb plans world's tallest building | World news | The Guardian

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                    Working...
                    X