Collapse

Whats the Credibility of quot Credit Notes quot

Last updated: December 19 2012
41 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re : Whats the Credibility of quot Credit Notes quot

Great Vineet . Could u please elaborate a bit on - How one needs to proceed if one wants to approach a Consumer Court or initiate criminal proceedings .

Should be helpful to all who r looking to approach Courts & that includes me .
    Please read IREF rules | FAQ's

Comment

STEP 1 : Send a notice to the accused through your lawyer with a warning to comply with the credit note within a stipulated time period or else you would initiate criminal proceedings in the court of law and also agitate for the compensation through a civil suit that is 10 times of the amount the person owe you for causing mental agony.

STEP 2 : If you still dont get the amount in that case immediately without losing any time file a police complaint to register an FIR u/s 420,419,415,506 sections of IPC.All these are criminal sections.Most likely police may not register an FIR so simultaneously file a complaint in the court of chief judicial magistrate u/s 156(3) to ask for ATR ; Action Taken Report on the complaint given to the police.If police still fail to register an FIR then your counsel will argue to get the order for the police to get the FIR registered.

STEP 3 : The accused will be arrested by the police followed by judicial remand for 14 days most likely.The accused ( you can name the proprietor's name , the person who cheated you etc will have to get bail or else will go to jail )

STEP 4 : File an RTI to ask for the ATR with difficult questions for police to answer within 30 days or else fine of 250/- day will be levied by CIC.This will keep police under pressure and will not take the case lightly or else they will fear to lose their job.

STEP 5 : If you have contacts in media,get the news published in the newspaper.

STEP 6 : The proceedings will start which can also result in attachment of properties owned by the accused and payment of all dues with legitimate interest on the amount.

STEP 7 : By this time the opposite counsel will aproach you for a compromise that is if you have kept the pressure mounted on the accused with a tight grip.

All this need lot of guts..which very few people actually have..

Comment

Great work, Vineet & i agree all this requires a lot of guts .

If one wants to go through the Consumer Court way, could u list out the procedure ?

Also, as per u, how much time, an approach through a consumer Court or the Criminal proceedings way, take to final close the matter & get yr. rightful dues ?

Comment

Aur meri fees..

Comment

vineet Bhai, aap ko asli baat yaad aa hi gaye !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Just one question ...

How many people have actually bothered to call up the builder, tell them the unit number, and ask if the commission has been released to the broker ... In most cases, you won't find out the amount of commission released but if you insist, the company can tell you the date ...

Common sense ... A broker knows that if he gives you the credit note money on time, when you might face credit note problems with other brokers in the market, he increases the chances of you investing with him again ...

Comment

pulkitgera, great signatures & a valid point, we r thinking only from the s-h-oes of an investor .

Comment

Originally posted by pulkitgera View Post
                  Just one question ...

How many people have actually bothered to call up the builder, tell them the unit number, and ask if the commission has been released to the broker ... In most cases, you won't find out the amount of commission released but if you insist, the company can tell you the date ...

Common sense ... A broker knows that if he gives you the credit note money on time, when you might face credit note problems with other brokers in the market, he increases the chances of you investing with him again ...
                  Some people use this common sense too.I have asked my builder about all the details of them releasing money to the broker.
                  I have also mentioned this many a times that the broker is defaming their reputation by claiming that they have not got their pie from the builder.So,broker being your sales channel partner,you should help me to get out of the trouble.
                  A simple 1 line reply comes up"We have already released the broker's commission on XYZ date.Please check with the broker"

Now,in this case,I can't ask for much as builder has no liability for this.I am actually happy that they atleast replied with the details.

Forwarded that mail to the broker & he doesn't respond.

Now,any suggestions????

Comment

Originally posted by Arora_B View Post
                    Some people use this common sense too.I have asked my builder about all the details of them releasing money to the broker.
                    I have also mentioned this many a times that the broker is defaming their reputation by claiming that they have not got their pie from the builder.So,broker being your sales channel partner,you should help me to get out of the trouble.
                    A simple 1 line reply comes up"We have already released the broker's commission on XYZ date.Please check with the broker"

Now,in this case,I can't ask for much as builder has no liability for this.I am actually happy that they atleast replied with the details.

Forwarded that mail to the broker & he doesn't respond.

Now,any suggestions????

In this case please write to the builder informing them that unless the issue is cleared in a certain time frame (a week sounds reasonable) you will be taking the matter to court. To make your case strong, also send a mail to their official e-mail ID.

Usually you will receive a call from someone other than the person who you gave the cheque to. This might not give you an immediate solution but it will be a step in the right direction without needing to take legal action.

Of course, you won't be dealing with the same broker again and would be more careful about choosing your broker.

Comment

Originally posted by MANOJa View Post
                      pulkitgera, great signatures & a valid point, we r thinking only from the s-h-oes of an investor .

Thank you sir ...

This brings up an interesting point ... I never change my signature on my own ... 'Somehow' all my signatures get deleted in 2-3 days and then I have to put a new one ...

And also, requesting the site admin once again to enable "Multi-Quote" through the forum's admin options ...

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X