multiple cracks in multi storey

Last updated: March 15 2011
19 | Posts
3385 | Views
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• multiple cracks in multi storey

couple of days back I saw multiple cracks in a multi storey tower in Indirapuram . I am quoting this in Noida forum as I have been following this for some time . I would like to have some views as how can we really avoid this . Though the cracks were being covered up I am sure this is the something nobody would like to see with its investments

Re : multiple cracks in multi storey

plz intimate the details of the society as it cab really dangerous. it would b for the community good

Comment

Cheap construction material, speedy construction for quick posessions & quick bucks.

Provide the builder details for status check.

Comment

Originally posted by vikramwix View Post
        Cheap construction material, speedy construction for quick posessions & quick bucks.

Provide the builder details for status check.

Don't go for high rise. A lot of risk with high rise.

Tower should be earth quake resistance.

Comment

Where were the crack? If they were in walls, it is not a big issue. But if in pillars or beams, then real trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by pravinchaudhary View Post
            Where were the crack? If they were in walls, it is not a big issue. But if in pillars or beams, then real trouble.
            If I remember correctly, Delhi metro had some cracks in Pillars. God save the ppls.

Comment

It was in one of the pillar opposite to sec-14,Noida tht pillar was reinforced with another pillar covering it....it was identified & corrected...

Comment

1 or 2 cracks were found within Delhi also.

Comment

DMRC Managing Director E. Sreedharan had asked metro engineers to inspect all the piers built on respective lines for any cracks.

“They found hairline cracks on eight piers of the Central Secretariat to Gurgaon corridor, two piers of the Noida corridor and eight piers of the Central Secretariat to Badarpur corridor. All appear to be superficial in nature,” DMRC spokesperson Anuj Dayal said.

Comment

Cracks in walls are commonly seen these days.
                    The main reason(s) are fast but shoddy workmanship and sub standard raw material.
                    The commercial building where i sit in has started getting cracks in walls ( this was constructed by the most talked about builder in this forum in a quick time).
                    Not a good indication of times to come really!
                    Cracks in pillars/beams are more concerning and need immediate attention.

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                    Working...
                    X