I was bit surprised to see that here in Noida lowere floors command a PLC while it is just the opposite in Mumbai.
In Mumbai top floors command a premium because
---good aeration
--- no shadow of adjacent buildings
--- Difficult for mosquitos to reach up there.
--- Better view

Is it some mindset in here that maybe due to power failure staircase climbing will be a pain in the .........
But then there is 24 hours powerback up.

Unravel this mystery for me .Am I missing something.
Read more
Reply
114 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by loneranger
    I was bit surprised to see that here in Noida lowere floors command a PLC while it is just the opposite in Mumbai.
    In Mumbai top floors command a premium because
    ---good aeration
    --- no shadow of adjacent buildings
    --- Difficult for mosquitos to reach up there.
    --- Better view

    Is it some mindset in here that maybe due to power failure staircase climbing will be a pain in the .........
    But then there is 24 hours powerback up.

    Unravel this mystery for me .Am I missing something.


    You will have some emotionally charged heated arguments and counter-arguments.

    The most sensible reason to me is, Mumbai is used to High Rises, where as NCR region is taking first step from Kothi culture to High rises.

    I am loving it... I got the second highest floor without any PLC ..)
    CommentQuote
  • This low floor mentality will slowly go away. After 5-7 years, People will get used to high rises and demand for high rises will increase compared to lower floors.

    Supertech North Eye is good proxy of upcoming high rise culture in Noida....

    I myself don't much like floors - 1, 2, 3 in the G+25 tower buildings.
    CommentQuote
  • friends, in my opinion if there is any disaster like fire then its easy to be evacuated from lower floors bcoz u can't use the lift in that scenario. Also, some people have fear of height who will prefer the lower floors.
    In my opinion PLC of 75 - 100 rs psft is not such a big deal if you are getting the lower floors.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by pegasus
    friends, in my opinion if there is any disaster like fire then its easy to be evacuated from lower floors bcoz u can't use the lift in that scenario. Also, some people have fear of height who will prefer the lower floors.
    In my opinion PLC of 75 - 100 rs psft is not such a big deal if you are getting the lower floors.


    Very good point... what about earth quake? Jump from 4th floor?
    CommentQuote
  • In case of earthquake? its only luck that will save you. :D
    CommentQuote
  • Freinds lets discuss some day to day +ves and -ves of top floors rather arguing on such catastrophic events.....because in such cases even 1st or ground floor can't assure your any garauntee... infact, they will be the last one to be rescued from the debris (earthquake)....

    Sorry, dont mind but...its fact.


    Regards...
    CommentQuote
  • High Rise
    Good unblocked View... unless you don't know how to select an apartment in high rise.
    Air and Light
    Less DUST
    Probably less noise from play ground .. or football hitting your window.
    Less insects
    Mental satisfaction of living high

    Low Rise
    Mental satisfaction of living near to ground
    In case of lift breakdown or water supply disruption.
    Water pressure high at lower floor and "nahane mein maaza aata hain"
    Some say can have a good view of the internal greenery.

    Leave all those natural calamities.. IF fire got problem with high floor then flood and earth quake has issue with low rise.

    It's your money.... decide on your priority. There is nothing wrong or right.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ondabhai
    High Rise
    Good unblocked View... unless you don't know how to select an apartment in high rise.
    Air and Light
    Less DUST
    Probably less noise from play ground .. or football hitting your window.
    Less insects
    Mental satisfaction of living high

    Low Rise
    Mental satisfaction of living near to ground
    In case of lift breakdown or water supply disruption.
    Water pressure high at lower floor and "nahane mein maaza aata hain"
    Some say can have a good view of the internal greenery.

    Leave all those natural calamities.. IF fire got problem with high floor then flood and earth quake has issue with low rise.

    It's your money.... decide on your priority. There is nothing wrong or right.

    I have a high rise phobia... hence i went for lower floor...again..i wanted...landscape facing...so paying PLC for landscape at higher floor is of no use...kuchh dikhega hi nahin.. (21st floor se...kya dikhega yaar)..so for park facing flats.. lower floor is better...aur haan yaar 5-10 floors are not lower floors....(personal view will surely differ from me to other people)...
    CommentQuote
  • The major worry regarding Mid / high rises is the dependency of human life on a Machine (called elevator/Lift) . The machine is prone to failures, breakdowns and in some cases lethal accidents (like free fall). These are some of the reasons why people don't prefer high/mid rises in NCR. And even with Power backup, it sometims takes time to power on the generators (sometimes security runs out of Diesel !) which further adds to worry of choking in side the lift.

    P.S this is what i have heard from people. Myself have booked a flat on 8th Floor in Rajnagar Extension :)
    CommentQuote
  • yaar pe panga ho aur biwi 10th floor se kood jaaye - ye risk kaun lega :D by the way I m still looking for a BIWI

    ;)

    rohit
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by rohit_warren
    yaar pe panga ho aur biwi 10th floor se kood jaaye - ye risk kaun lega :D by the way I m still looking for a BIWI

    ;)

    rohit

    you have terrific views.... :)
    CommentQuote
  • I think the most imp point is climate factor....
    In Delhi
    *temperature variation is very much 45 degree in summer n 5 degree in winter, hence lower floor will be less prone to heat n cold than that of higher, So lower floor gets higher premium than that of higher floor.
    (But with the use of AC this factor may be neglected.)

    In mumbai
    *less temperature variation - hence almost equal impact of temperature on lower n higher floor.
    *there is much humidity. so higher the floor, higher the fresh feeling.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by rohit_warren
    yaar pe panga ho aur biwi 10th floor se kood jaaye - ye risk kaun lega :D by the way I m still looking for a BIWI

    ;)

    rohit



    BIWI aayi nahi aur pehle hi usspe shak karna chalu.....:bab (35):
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by rammanji
    I think the most imp point is climate factor....
    In Delhi
    *temperature variation is very much 45 degree in summer n 5 degree in winter, hence lower floor will be less prone to heat n cold than that of higher, So lower floor gets higher premium than that of higher floor.
    (But with the use of AC this factor may be neglected.)

    In mumbai
    *less temperature variation - hence almost equal impact of temperature on lower n higher floor.
    *there is much humidity. so higher the floor, higher the fresh feeling.



    Good one Rammanji.... This is also one of the main reasons....
    CommentQuote
  • Man , this thing about being heated up is valid for top most floor not for higher floors in my view !

    I prefer cleaner air and lesser noise from ground level, but to each his own :-)
    CommentQuote