Last updated: May 23 2011
2 | Posts
1640 | Views
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• THE LAND ACQUISITION ACT, 1894

New Page 1

I am reading this. Request to please read this and let everyone know.

One of the registered deed lease of a project in the premium sector by a well known builder, the purpose written is as :

WHEREAS the plot hereinafter described forms part of the land acquired under the Land Acquisition Act, 1984 for development by the Lessor for the purpose of setting up an urban and industrial township.

I am searching whether 1984 allows to acquire the land for the underlined purpose. Please you also update with your findings.

Re : THE LAND ACQUISITION ACT, 1894

Originally posted by SBR_NOIDA View Post
    New Page 1

I am reading this. Request to please read this and let everyone know.

One of the registered deed lease of a project in the premium sector by a well known builder, the purpose written is as :

WHEREAS the plot hereinafter described forms part of the land acquired under the Land Acquisition Act, 1984 for development by the Lessor for the purpose of setting up an urban and industrial township.

I am searching whether 1984 allows to acquire the land for the underlined purpose. Please you also update with your findings.
    Under LA Act, it is the State Government which decides what the "public purpose" is. It is of course subject to judicial interpretation depending upon the type of case.

With PPP (public-private partnerships) having been accepted as a mode of development of infrastructure (which also includes housing), it is quite possible for the State Government to acquire land as "public purpose" for any PPP project.

"Urban and industrial township" very much covers the plots allotted by authority to private builders for development of townships for persons like you and me.

More than the law itself, it also depends upon the circumstances of the case. If courts finds any ill motive or subversion of law/ process in any transaction, it is quite likely to stuck it down.

Comment

Re : THE LAND ACQUISITION ACT, 1894

Originally posted by SMJ2011 View Post
      Under LA Act, it is the State Government which decides what the "public purpose" is. It is of course subject to judicial interpretation depending upon the type of case.

With PPP (public-private partnerships) having been accepted as a mode of development of infrastructure (which also includes housing), it is quite possible for the State Government to acquire land as "public purpose" for any PPP project.

"Urban and industrial township" very much covers the plots allotted by authority to private builders for development of townships for persons like you and me.

More than the law itself, it also depends upon the circumstances of the case. If courts finds any ill motive or subversion of law/ process in any transaction, it is quite likely to stuck it down.

Jaypee has acquired land on the basis of land acquisition act 1894

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
      Working...
      X