Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

false ceiling in toilets

Collapse
X
Collapse

false ceiling in toilets

Last updated: May 24 2011
12 | Posts
6684 | Views
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • false ceiling in toilets

    dear all members

    have u noticed in modern apartments, all waste water pipes of the apartment above urs pass next to the roof of your apartment in toilets. and those pipes are then covered by false roofing in toilets. but in most of the cases , these pipe start leaking in 2-3 yrs down the line and cause inconvenience to you. also when someone uses the flush above noise of water gusshing can be easily heard.

    has anyone pointed these issues to his builder and got the design changed so that there are no pipes inside one's apartment (i mean other apts pipe in ur apts along the roof. )
  • #2

    #2

    Re : false ceiling in toilets

    Originally posted by anubhaviit View Post
    dear all members

    have u noticed in modern apartments, all waste water pipes of the apartment above urs pass next to the roof of your apartment in toilets. and those pipes are then covered by false roofing in toilets. but in most of the cases , these pipe start leaking in 2-3 yrs down the line and cause inconvenience to you. also when someone uses the flush above noise of water gusshing can be easily heard.

    has anyone pointed these issues to his builder and got the design changed so that there are no pipes inside one's apartment (i mean other apts pipe in ur apts along the roof. )
    How is it possible? Think ?
    Do you want builder to leave some extra area between floors for the pipes?

    Comment

    • #3

      #3

      Re : false ceiling in toilets

      Originally posted by shridhar View Post
      How is it possible? Think ?
      Do you want builder to leave some extra area between floors for the pipes?
      maybe can give additional shaft

      Comment

      • #4

        #4

        Re : false ceiling in toilets

        Originally posted by anubhaviit View Post
        dear all members

        have u noticed in modern apartments, all waste water pipes of the apartment above urs pass next to the roof of your apartment in toilets. and those pipes are then covered by false roofing in toilets. but in most of the cases , these pipe start leaking in 2-3 yrs down the line and cause inconvenience to you. also when someone uses the flush above noise of water gusshing can be easily heard.

        has anyone pointed these issues to his builder and got the design changed so that there are no pipes inside one's apartment (i mean other apts pipe in ur apts along the roof. )
        , actually this is the issue in most of the multi stories buildings at this time. This is actually just to save future leakage with in floors of building. I don't think builder will provide any alternative of this because this way has been adopted after facing lots of leakage problem with in floor and then it needs to break floor to solve issue of leakage.

        Comment

        • #5

          #5

          Re : false ceiling in toilets

          Originally posted by saurabh2011 View Post
          , actually this is the issue in most of the multi stories buildings at this time. This is actually just to save future leakage with in floors of building. I don't think builder will provide any alternative of this because this way has been adopted after facing lots of leakage problem with in floor and then it needs to break floor to solve issue of leakage.
          u mean solution is that if apts above me starts leaking, it get collected in my apts and then i will have no choice than to fix it

          Comment

          • #6

            #6

            Re : false ceiling in toilets

            Also, you must notice that in all flats designs, all the toilets and bathrooms are on the sides of the apartments only, and never in the middle. If ever there is in the middle, it is between 2 apartments sharing the same wall and bathrooms/powder rooms on both sides of the wall, and a shaft going inbetween for the pipes etc. (Usually, that shaft is marked as "X" in the design.

            Comment

            • #7

              #7

              Re : false ceiling in toilets

              Originally posted by anubhaviit View Post
              u mean solution is that if apts above me starts leaking, it get collected in my apts and then i will have no choice than to fix it
              yes , previously it require to break floor tiles because few years back all pipes was fix with in toilet floor but now you just have to repair pipe joints when it start leakage due to your above apartment. I can understand that situation is not very good in either way hence to avoid this issue only options left to take TOP MOST apartment in building

              Comment

              • #8

                #8

                Re : false ceiling in toilets

                Yes, you are right. It costs extra (+ the space also), and an expensive option.

                Comment

                • #9

                  #9

                  Re : false ceiling in toilets

                  With real estate prices in the city escalating like crazy, lakhs is no longer the new lingo but it is all about crores these days. Buyers feel they are being priced out of the city and pushed northwards towards the outer edge...dont know where ther prices will go.??

                  Comment

                  • #10

                    #10

                    Re : false ceiling in toilets

                    Originally posted by saurabh2011 View Post
                    yes , previously it require to break floor tiles because few years back all pipes was fix with in toilet floor but now you just have to repair pipe joints when it start leakage due to your above apartment. I can understand that situation is not very good in either way hence to avoid this issue only options left to take TOP MOST apartment in building
                    its good to you if their is leakage from upper floor than it should be repaired by you and if leakage from your floor than leakage repaired by lower floor
                    Garg

                    Comment

                    Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                    Working...
                    X