Hi All,

As has been happening for the last few days, Allahabad HC has begun putting stay orders on projects in NE. While I understand that this is currently happening in NE which was always risk-prone, still other areas of Noida can easily start coming into this ball of fire. This also includes sectors 7x and 1xx since the point of contention currently is the way in which the land was aquired and if the land use was changed from Industrial to residential.

Please note that we cannot get this information from our respective builders because they would show us their Lease agreement and other documents and not anything beyond that. I am sure most of us (belonging to IT, etc) would not even be able to decipher if the papers they are showing are the proper papers or not. In some cases, it might even happen that the builder papers are complete but still we run into trouble since the problem lied at NA end.

So the problem might not be at the builder end, but still we end users would suffer for not apparent fault of ours. Also, since most of us must have taken CLP or Flexi plans, the sooner we get to know about the real scene, the better it would be for us.

My question to you is :
1) Can we form a group and file an RTI seeking information for the land aquisition details in these sectors ?
2) Some of us may be working as Lawyers or in the Press or some Govt Agencies and using their credentials if they can get internal information from Noida Authority itself.
Read more
Reply
150 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • RTI Query Guidline

    This link can be usefull for writing RTI application
    How to write an RTI Application? - Guide

    Below are few relevant excerpt

    Application Guidelines:
    While filing an RTI application, the framing of the questions is very important. A slight misunderstanding or vague questions gives the Public Information Officer a chance to reject your application. Follow these guidelines:

      Use a white sheet of paper to write an application. There is no need to using Note-sheet, or the Court stamp paper. You can use your letter pad for asking for information.
      The matter can be hand written, or typed. There is no compulsion of typing the content.
      Make sure the application is legible and easy to read.
      There is no restriction on number of pages for asking information.
      There are also no restriction on number of questions that can be asked in one application. However, it is generally advisable to ask restrict one application with limited set of questions and generally related ones.
      NOTE: The state of Karnataka has recently passed a amendment to its RTI rules restricting the RTI application to one subject matter and to 150 words. Please see:



        Be very specific & ask to the point questions. Don't ask vague questions.
        Ask as many short questions as you like ,but don't ask for voluminous information.
        Ask information always by writing your name and signature, and not by your post, as only citizen have the right to information.
        Do not ask a question containing 'WHY'! For example, questions like why you failed to pass the bill, is liable to be rejected for not covering under RTI Act.
        You can ask for reasons behind a "administrative" or a "quasi-judicial" decision under Section 4(1)(d), especially if you are a "affected person"
        If the information sought is voluminous, it is better to ask it in the form of CD to save on cost.
        Remember that, you do not need to write the reason for asking the information.
        Mention the payment details like BC/DD/IPO number, issuing bank/post office, date, cash receipt details , etc., towards the end of your application
        See this very good thread regarding framing of RTI application, it's format: click here!

        Download the sample RTI application here from our sister resource site, http://www.rtiindia.info
    CommentQuote
  • thanx for the inputs
    CommentQuote
  • Also, please add against each question. If you are not the right department to give this information, please mention the department that can provide this information.

    That way, atleast a follow up can be made with the respective department.

    Originally Posted by Munish Malhautra
    Hello,
    I have collated the posts of trojan and smj. thanx to all for responding.
    If required pls add more points below which u feel relevant so that comprehensive/detailed response can be taken from NA. Once we feel that all points are covered, the final draft(which will be used by all) will be filed online by those who are out of India and those who are in Delhi/NCR, i can arrange a time/date suitable for joint meeting. This way we will be in sync and then get a response from NA which can be cross checked/cross verified for any discrepancies.We will continue to discuss on this thread or can start a google/yahoo closed group once RTI is filed(if required).Hope this if is fine with all. Lets target online filing by 4th of June. i.e. Saturday. Personal filing can be decided on basis of people availability.Awaiting.
    *****************************************

    To,
    The Chairman,
    Noida Authority
    Noida, Uttar Pradesh.

    Subject: Land use Status of Various Noida Sectors

    Dear Sir/Madam,

    We would like to know Land use status of following noida sectors 74,75,76,77,78,79,131,133,134,137,135,96,97,98,100,110,128,129,130,143,168, 150.

    For each of the sectors mentioned above please provide detailed explanations as decribed below.

    1) Please mentions under which clause of Land Acquisition act, land was acquired from farmers ?

    2) Please mention the cause (e.g. Residential development, SEZ, Industrial, Commercial, etc) for which land was acquired ?

    3) At the time of acquisition, did government heard and resolved objections raised by the farmers.

    4)In last 15 years, Did land use was changed. If yes, then please provide details of change of land use, date of change of land use.

    5) Please mention if there are any ongoing litigation in Allahabad court regarding the land use or in-adequate compensation to the farmers.

    6) When was this land acquired (must obtain copies of notifications u/s 4(1), 6(1) and award.

    7) When the land was acquired through LA Act, was objections of land owners were invited and heard u/s 5?

    8) The purpose for which the land was officially acquired as per notification u/s 4(1)

    9) Details of land owners who have signed kararnama and received compensation. Details of those who have refused to accept compensation and gone to courts.

    10) Details (Govt. plot no/ village) of land allotted to each builder in each sector with land schedule, land map and copy of agreement.

    11) Land use of different sectors under different master plans including all changes made in land use in last 5 years.
    CommentQuote
  • KINDLY INCLUDE SECTOR 117 AS WELL.....THANKS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Munish Malhautra
    That will be great if someone comes forward, but i doubt if someone will take that initiative. Anyway, We can decide on a day and collectively visit NA office with the RTI forms and submit them in a group.


    Yes, Yesterday I made a draft to send it NA. Sending email is not sufficient. You need to pay Rs 10// and reply cost which is Rs 2/- per page. we dont how many page replay shall be there. I am pasting herewith the draft. Please comment on it.
    Draft for RTI Application,
    The Public Information Officer/

    The Asstt. Public Information Officer,
    New Okhla Industrial Development Authority,
    Administrative Block Sector-VI, Noida.

    Sir,

    I hereby requested to provide the following information under provision of the right to information of 2005.

    (1) Detail of information sought: -

    (i)

    Please provide the following information of sector 76 of Noida Development Authority Gautam Budh Nagar U.P.

      Provide the date of acquisition of land acquired from farmers.
      Purpose of land acquisition whether it is residential or industrial.
      Whether full and final compensation to farmers has been provided or not. If not then reason of it should be provided.
      Is any court case is pending against this land if yes then details are to be provided.


      (ii) Type of information required ……As mentioned at (1)(i)

      (iii) The time period for which the information relates – As mentioned at (1)(i) a.

      2 (i) Name of the applicant (in block letters) … Om Prakash
      (ii) Mailing Address 53/6 Street 5, Arya Nagar, Near Dayanand Vihar Delhi-110092
      (iii) Tele No. ……………………… (iv) No…099868393745
      (v) E-Mail ID If any…omprakashtcil-india.com
      Yes

      3.Specify the particulars of information required:-


      (i) Inspection of record (ii) Copy Of Document




      (iii) Sample Of Material (iv) Other Information

      4.Whether Applicant belongs to below poverty line category .
      ………………………… NO……………….
      (i) Proof Of BPL attached…………………………………………………………………………

      5.Details Of Fee Paid-Rs.10 only Cash/Demand Draft / Banker Cheque/Postal Order
      (i)Cash receipt No……………………(ii) Bank Draft No / Banker Cheque …………………………..
      Bank Branch………………………………………………(iii) Postal Order No.…………………………………..

      6.Whether Information is required (i)By Post – thru e-mail mentioned at above………(ii)in person……..If not possible by email then in person.

      I here by declare and confirm that I am Indian Citizen and as such I am entitled to seek information under R.T.I Act 2005.


      Signature Of The Applicant




      Name Of Applicant In Block Letter



      (7)For Office Use Only







      (i) Received By (ii)E-Mail (iii)In Person

      (iv) Registered as R.T.I No………………….Dated………………………………….
      (a)Whether Information Sought Relates To Third Party?
      (b)If Yes his name and address ……………………………………………………..
      ………………………………………………………………………………………………………….











      Signature & name Of Receiving Officer
    CommentQuote
  • HOW WILL FLATS GET REGISTERED

    All the land in Noida/Gr Noida has been allotted to builders on ten year payment plan. So how are the flat owners going to get their flats registerd when the payment for land is not complete.

    Kindly also include an RTI query in this regard.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by amarakbar
    All the land in Noida/Gr Noida has been allotted to builders on ten year payment plan. So how are the flat owners going to get their flats registerd when the payment for land is not complete.

    Kindly also include an RTI query in this regard.


    Yes, Please put this very important question.
    Also ask, is the builder supposed to pay all the land cost before tripartite agreement between builder, buyer and NA?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by smart_invest
    Yes, Please put this very important question.
    Also ask, is the builder supposed to pay all the land cost before tripartite agreement between builder, buyer and NA?

    What I believe is that it is the responsibility of the existing owner to pay any dues to NA. So, once the builder exits and RWA takes up the ownership, I think there must be some agreement between the builder and the RWA that will compel the builder to clear all the dues. Need to confirm.
    CommentQuote
  • Friends....Let us focus on the topic/ issue i.e. getting required information from Govt. relating to land acquired and master plan changes.

    It is glad to see many kind souls coming forward.

    While I wholeheartedly support the idea, my contribution will be limited since I am based outside NCR.

    Based on my experience, I suggest the following;

    1. RTI application be drafted carefully and details of information / documents required to be indicated very precisely/ specifically. RTI Act has a specific section for asking the copies of Govt. documents.

    2. Pls remember that the acquisition of land is handled by the District Magistrate on behalf of the Government. Therefore, same set of RTI application should be filed with NA as well as District Magistrate Office.

    3. Multiple applications should be filed even for same subject so that in case one is rejected on any technical grounds, others stand.

    4. Getting information under RTI requires continious chasing and follow-up.

    5. It may be better to associate 1-2 advocates for drafting the application and follow-up.

    6. I remember Mr. Vkumar1 here in IREF is a lawyer with lawyer friends in Noida. His participation in this initiative could be very usefull.

    7. I am ready to make any financial contribution for this initiative. Just tell me whom/ how to pay.

    8. Friends who are based at Noida/ Ghaziabad may please take the lead dully supported by others. Just 15-20 committed souls are good enough.

    We are all well educated generation of new India. Pls. read the following story to know how an illiterate farmer making best use of RTI.

    'My name is Nathu Gaikwad. I may not be literate but I used the RTI Act to get back land taken by land sharks' - Moneylife Personal Finance site and magazine

    Thanks..........
    CommentQuote
  • My special thanks for gautamop...while we are debating for days, he has gone ahead and filed the application.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Basant
    Friends....Let us focus on the topic/ issue i.e. getting required information from Govt. relating to land acquired and master plan changes.

    It is glad to see many kind souls coming forward.

    While I wholeheartedly support the idea, my contribution will be limited since I am based outside NCR.

    Based on my experience, I suggest the following;

    1. RTI application be drafted carefully and details of information / documents required to be indicated very precisely/ specifically. RTI Act has a specific section for asking the copies of Govt. documents.

    2. Pls remember that the acquisition of land is handled by the District Magistrate on behalf of the Government. Therefore, same set of RTI application should be filed with NA as well as District Magistrate Office.

    3. Multiple applications should be filed even for same subject so that in case one is rejected on any technical grounds, others stand.

    4. Getting information under RTI requires continious chasing and follow-up.

    5. It may be better to associate 1-2 advocates for drafting the application and follow-up.

    6. I remember Mr. Vkumar1 here in IREF is a lawyer with lawyer friends in Noida. His participation in this initiative could be very usefull.

    7. I am ready to make any financial contribution for this initiative. Just tell me whom/ how to pay.

    8. Friends who are based at Noida/ Ghaziabad may please take the lead dully supported by others. Just 15-20 committed souls are good enough.

    We are all well educated generation of new India. Pls. read the following story to know how an illiterate farmer making best use of RTI.

    'My name is Nathu Gaikwad. I may not be literate but I used the RTI Act to get back land taken by land sharks' - Moneylife Personal Finance site and magazine

    Thanks..........


    Basant ji,
    thanx for the inputs...when are u planning your next trip to Delhi?
    CommentQuote
  • Not sure as of now Munish Ji..
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Basant
    My special thanks for gautamop...while we are debating for days, he has gone ahead and filed the application.


    Good job. Congrats gautamop.

    Has he filed RTI for sector 76 only?
    CommentQuote
  • Yes what about other sectors ......

    Originally Posted by manu_ked
    Good job. Congrats gautamop.

    Has he filed RTI for sector 76 only?
    CommentQuote
  • RTI

    Manish/Skoda/Other stakeholders

    Two things.

    - Need to confirm if NA sector 6 is the right place to file RTI for details on land acquisition. Reason - Land aquisition dept is located in Greater Noida (even for Noida Land). I had approached Noida authority (NA) once to get details for a land (which someone told me was in dispute as farmer had not accepted compensation) in sector 46. this piece of land was supposed to be part of road connecting sector 43 to 99.
    I was asked to go to GN and was able to get some information. NA had nothing to do with it as once the land is acquired, it is then handed over to NA.

    Second, land records are kept as Khasras and not as sectors. So again need a confirmation on this.

    Lets meet on Monday at some place in Noida or may NA office.
    CommentQuote