AMRAPALI SUPERTECH Engineers throw some light please

Last updated: September 23 2015
27 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re : AMRAPALI SUPERTECH Engineers throw some light please

Originally posted by vkumar1 View Post
    Thanks all for your inputs. Just looks like builders are talking in air. It is clear - For pillars: the technology doesn't exist. For walls: Technology is there but at least 3-4 times more expensive - not likely to be adopted by them.
    With those nonsense talks in view, there chances of failure looks like 75%.
    Hi All,
    I'm no expert at this but what I know is precast columns (pillars) do exist and are being used at many construction sites (again not sure if it's being used in India). I think we can check with our respective builders.
    But I have no knowledge as to whether this technology is costly or not.

Comment

I have been to the site of DLF Capital Greens, Moti Nagar, Delhi a few times in last 5-6 months. Every time I ask the company sales people in the site office about the slow speed of construction, they tell me that the company is going to use pre-cast structures to speed up the construction in near future. So far the construction is being done in conventional style, which means normal brick walls and normal pillars.

Point is that the builder is aware that the project was launched well over 2 years ago and the pace at which construction is being done, it will take another 3-4 years to complete the construction of phase-1 and 2.

So, I believe that the talk about using pre-cast parts to speed up the construction is just to make belive the customer that the project will be delivered on time when the project is delayed by many many years.

Comment

Interesting discussion & topic .

R there any architects/civil engineers around, who can enlighten us here .

Btw, i don't think Amarpali and Supertech have done any path breaking work in the past ( correct me, if i am wrong here ) & may be willing to adopt latest technologies viz. the cost factor of any of the latest & not so common, methods of construction .

Originally posted by ranjeetks View Post
        Yes, it is possible to precast concrete wall and move to 20+ floors. I have seen these construction in Singapore, building stands very fast, 35 floors in 1 year. Its possible, almost all new development in Singapore is following this methods. So, all walls will precast in off site location and moved up by cranes. There is no brick in walls, its all concrete. Finishing will be excellent this way as it needs very less plastering.
        Please read IREF rules | FAQ's

Comment

Aluminum formwork also known as preformed aluminum concrete structure are used in many countries to speed up the construction. See the following video for a demo of the technology:

YouTube - ‪Aluminum Formwork‬‏

If you see the brochures of ireo victory valley Gurgaon, they have mentioned that this technology will be used in their project. That is the only project in Delhi/NCR where this technology may be used.

Besides the significant time savings, other advantage is that the walls in buildings are very smooth and don't need any plaster. Plastic pipes for electric cables, box for fixing electric switches, water supply pipes and drainage pipes are inserted in the mould itself. So there is no time wasted in putting those pipes in place.

I doubt Supertech or Amrapali will use this technology because of the bargain basement prices of their flats in NE.

Comment

More pictures are here Pictures of work in progress ( HDB BTO Punggol Spring )
            Attached Files
            Last edited June 8 2011, 07:56 AM.

Comment

Here how the casting is done at off-site and assembled at construction site
              Attached Files

Comment

As many already highlighted, column/pillars are not generally pre-casted, except for speed building or ultra highrise.

Regarding cost; labour cost is definitely one factor, but there are many and many more factors that determines the overall cost of a project... some are tangible and some are intangible. For example, cost of finance... the more you delay the more interest you pay ... or say damage of reputation due to quality or workmanship.... (aab yeh mat bolna ke naanga khoyega kya?)

In simple term, there are many and many factors that determines the overall cost of RE development and it is not easy to say that pre-cast is 2 times costlier than traditional approach. You ask them and they will have data to prove that their approach is better... it is called marketing.

Now the big question... whether Amrapali or Supertech can do this .... I think all the people here for some days already knows the answer.

Comment

Originally posted by g.harondabhai View Post
                  As many already highlighted, column/pillars are not generally pre-casted, except for .
                  Thanks g.harondabhai for beautifu illustrations. A Picture speaks a thousand words!

Comment

Originally posted by MANOJa View Post
                    Interesting discussion & topic .

R there any architects/civil engineers around, who can enlighten us here .

Btw, i don't think Amarpali and Supertech have done any path breaking work in the past ( correct me, if i am wrong here ) & may be willing to adopt latest technologies viz. the cost factor of any of the latest & not so common, methods of construction .
                    I remember one architect .. that is Akshay Kumar in one of the comedy movie... I guess Awara Pagaal ... the movie with Shahid Kapoor, Sunit Shetty, Om Puri, Johny Liver... all goes to Dubai!!

Comment

To my understanding - No builder in NE will do construction itself, rather they will give contract to some construction companies. So, its not about capability of Amrapali or Supertech or any other builder, they will simply give contract to some capable construction companies.

I know 10 towers of Mahagun MyWoods is being constructed by "B L Gupta Construction"

http://www.blgcltd.com/projects/Group%20Housing.asp

Also, GaurCity is being constructed by many construction companies includign AIG Infra etc.

So, if NE builders contract with good/reputed construction companies, then it is possible.

Not sure about its cost part.

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X