Hi,

I have a 13th floor apartment in one of the soon to be completed projects by Mahagun. I just wanted to know how difficult it is to sell 13th floor apartments as compared to other floors. Has anybody ever faced any issues selling 13th floor apartment. Actually Mahagun has named the floor as 12A instead of 13. So is it just the number 13 that scares shit out of people or do they actually care about the count from the ground floor. Any insight/experience would be appreciated.

Are there more people like me who would'nt mind buying a 13th floor (rather 12A) numbered flat.

Thanks
Rahul
Read more
31 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • I do not have an issue about the number 13. I feel it is plain superstition. But I would go with my gut feeling - how I react to a place...is it cheerful, bright and sunny.
    CommentQuote
  • My personal opinion : the floor number does not really matter, if everything else is ok, I wont hesitate buying it :)
    CommentQuote
  • Really, would depend on the type of customer u get . Some people r real finicky & go strictly as per numerology & they would not touch yr. apartment . For, some 13 is another number & it really does not bother them ( but they may look to exploit this 13 ka chakkar by seeking some discounts ).
    CommentQuote
  • The fundamental rule of business

While selling, you are selling the best item in the market.

While buying, you spot ONLY the negatives and highlight that to drive your point that you are buying just an OK item with so many flaws... and bargain hard!!

Hope you got your answer.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by MANOJa
    Really, would depend on the type of customer u get . Some people r real finicky & go strictly as per numerology & they would not touch yr. apartment . For, some 13 is another number & it really does not bother them ( but they may look to exploit this 13 ka chakkar by seeking some discounts ).

Someone was wondering "Do shaitaan eek jaisa kaise soonch lete hain? woh bhi ek hi waqt par!!"

I just said the exploit part at the same time you also posted :bab (48):
    CommentQuote
  • Well, some people have superstitions but before you meet them, there are brokers.
    Brokers will scare the hell out of you when you tell them you want to sell it. Whatever, rate is there in the market, they try to offer you much lower saying that no one will want to buy 13th floor.
    I have faced a similar situation in the past, where 5% front of my plot was on t-point. Brokers tried to offer me atleast 10% lower rate than the prevailing....so you have to be very careful.
    Though when they try to sell, they tell you the number of floor, in your case it is 12, "A" will be disclosed later. Similarly, some builders don't count 13th floor, so there, the number of first flat is 1401.
    You'll face some difficulty with brokers, but if you try hard, you'll be able to sell it at market price.
    CommentQuote
  • it seems we are talking about movie "13B":bab (45):
    CommentQuote
  • :) Shayad...Kumbh ke mele me bichde 2 bhai log...!!!!

Originally Posted by ondabhai
    Someone was wondering "Do shaitaan eek jaisa kaise soonch lete hain? woh bhi ek hi waqt par!!"

CommentQuote
  • LOL :D. I know, just read yr. post .

We have an almost similar thought process . Noticed this, in some earlier posts/threads too :).

Originally Posted by ondabhai

CommentQuote
  • I thought 13 only mattered to christians.

Why would Hindus be bothered about 13?
    CommentQuote
  • We Indians have the habit of following all superstitions of various religions . Most of the times, they r followed, just to gain some sort of advantage ( here in RE - financial advantage, by saying 13 is unlucky, so as to extract some sort of discounts on the price )
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by MANOJa
    here in RE - financial advantage, by saying 13 is unlucky, so as to extract some sort of discounts on the price

Thanks everyone for their inputs. More inputs/experiences are welcome.

Technically the 13th floor is 15th floor. If you look at the underconstruction pics of various builders (like PAN oasis) you would notice that 2 of the floors (so called -1 and -2) are underground. So technically 11th floor is the 13th floor. What say ??
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by rohin9
    :) Shayad...Kumbh ke mele me bichde 2 bhai log...!!!!

Bilkul... main to kab se woh locket dhoond raha hoon.... jo bapuji ne hum dono ke gale mein ... you know the story already :bab (48):
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by rahulmalik83
    Thanks everyone for their inputs. More inputs/experiences are welcome.

Technically the 13th floor is 15th floor. If you look at the underconstruction pics of various builders (like PAN oasis) you would notice that 2 of the floors (so called -1 and -2) are underground. So technically 11th floor is the 13th floor. What say ??

Kharid ne ke time mere liye sab hi 13th floor.

Bech te time koi bhi 13th floor nehin hain .. saath mein kuch Hindu vastu Shastra ka gyan mufat mein de dena ... jaise Jameen ke upar se count hota!!
    CommentQuote
  • You know what 13 is my lucky number, ( my house number is 13, in my hometown). some people have superstitions :bab (34): but i don't think this is a bigger issues, what matters is quality and other things, so don't worry.
    CommentQuote