Hi,

I have a 13th floor apartment in one of the soon to be completed projects by Mahagun. I just wanted to know how difficult it is to sell 13th floor apartments as compared to other floors. Has anybody ever faced any issues selling 13th floor apartment. Actually Mahagun has named the floor as 12A instead of 13. So is it just the number 13 that scares shit out of people or do they actually care about the count from the ground floor. Any insight/experience would be appreciated.

Are there more people like me who would'nt mind buying a 13th floor (rather 12A) numbered flat.

Thanks
Rahul
Read more
31 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • If people are really superstitious about numerology, I guess it would be easier for me to sell my 7th floor
    CommentQuote
  • This is 2013 so? we still alive in 2013 , for us and for Christians too...
    CommentQuote
  • I know ofmany buildings which don't have a 13th Floor. I know this because the elevator floor button panel goes up to 12 and continues with 14 on up - and no 13.
    We are being led to believe that because there is no 13th floor identified, that one does not exist.
    Of course, there is, in truth, a 13th floor. Pretending that it doesn't exist is just superstitous silliness.
    CommentQuote
  • Simply, if someone have options, they try to avoid the 13th floor and there is nothing wrong in it. You should be doubt free when you pay heavy for something.
    Even people in west follow many superstitions . Almost all superstars and cricketers have one or other superstitions. Almost every human believe in luck and superstitions.
    CommentQuote
  • As far as i can recall:

Most of the Airlines dont have seat number 13
    Chandigarh doesnt have sector 13
    Noida doesnt have sector 13
    Bombay stock exchange building doesnt have floor numbered 13
    I think even OMaxe doesnt use number 13 in its floors
    3C uses 13 as floor number but avoids naming its tower number as 13

The oxygen tank of apollo 13 also exploded at 1:13 pm i.e 13:13 pm. The date was also 13th of some month.

Even formula 1 races dont use number 13 in any of their cars

If u use MS office u wud have noticed that it moved from MS office 2007 to MS office 2010. This 2007 was actually version 12 and 2010 was version 14. They simply skipped version 13.

Plz correct me if i am wrong !
    CommentQuote
  • 13 number ka discussion chhorke kahan chale gaye sab ? Abhi to 17 ka bhi karna hai bhai
    CommentQuote
  • No joke here.....I had an apartment in gurgaon on 13th floor....had a tough time selling it,......eventually was able to sell but at a slight discount to an NRI. Since then I have made sure .....never invest in a 13 th floor apartment and or in a top floor apartment
    CommentQuote
  • Do u think we r kidding ? What made u think so ?

Itne sare facts likhe hain oopar what for ? to prove that 13 is a lucky num ?
    CommentQuote
  • Its plain superstition, only narrow minded people would have problem with this, I didnt have any problem in buying 12A(13th floor). I just wanted a flat in upper middle and 13th floor was the right choice for me so I went for it. Also I think it will make a unique flat number for me adding A to it like 1207A which I am excited about. I am sure I ll find people who doesn't believe in all this nonsense like me while selling. Even when I talked to my friends about 13th floor none of them had problem with this.

Some of the thing that matters to me like:
    1. View of course like it should be central park facing.
    2. Layout, build quality,green area etc.
    3. Location of the project etc.
    CommentQuote
  • first thing most of the flats does not number it 13 either it will be 12a or 14 .
    second thing in india we start from -1,-2 G 1,2,3 so 13 is actually 14 if you count from ground floor or it will be 15 from us style nomenclature so it all depends how you take it .so which floor is actually 13 ?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by abhishek1980
    As far as i can recall:

Most of the Airlines dont have seat number 13
    Chandigarh doesnt have sector 13
    Noida doesnt have sector 13
    Bombay stock exchange building doesnt have floor numbered 13
    I think even OMaxe doesnt use number 13 in its floors
    3C uses 13 as floor number but avoids naming its tower number as 13

The oxygen tank of apollo 13 also exploded at 1:13 pm i.e 13:13 pm. The date was also 13th of some month.

Even formula 1 races dont use number 13 in any of their cars

If u use MS office u wud have noticed that it moved from MS office 2007 to MS office 2010. This 2007 was actually version 12 and 2010 was version 14. They simply skipped version 13.

Plz correct me if i am wrong !

Airlines - I guess you meant row number 13, and quite a few of them have it. I saw some in US which din't have row 13, but in general the row 13 is pretty common.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by gaurmmec
    Its plain superstition, only narrow minded people would have problem with this, I didnt have any problem in buying 12A(13th floor). I just wanted a flat in upper middle and 13th floor was the right choice for me so I went for it. Also I think it will make a unique flat number for me adding A to it like 1207A which I am excited about. I am sure I ll find people who doesn't believe in all this nonsense like me while selling. Even when I talked to my friends about 13th floor none of them had problem with this.

Some of the thing that matters to me like:
    1. View of course like it should be central park facing.
    2. Layout, build quality,green area etc.
    3. Location of the project etc.

You simply didn't get the concept. It is very easy to buy but tough times are surely there when you go out to sell this in the market. Bombay has premium for higher floors whereas Delhi has for lower floors. This is all set in the mentality of people. However excited you feel for your 13th floor, people just dont like to buy this due to superstitions(mindset).
    CommentQuote
  • Recently i sold my 13th floor and it was sold within one week. I got good premium as well. It is all mindset and there is nothing wrong.
    CommentQuote
  • I totally agree people are liitle bit hesitant in buying 13th floor(because of superstition) and one can have delays in reselling. But this will change once people become educated. For e.g. now people understand high floors have more benefits than lower floors.
    CommentQuote
  • Wat abt top floor...I think they must be hard to sell as well...specially if the building is 20-22 floor high...I have a tenth floor (top most) unit ..since building is not much high..will it be easier or it doesnt matter much...

Any experiences to share...
    CommentQuote