Last updated: May 9 2016
63 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re : 2 BHK for 41L in MIG Sector 93 Gurgaon Suggestions

Originally posted by aman.jind View Post
    Thanks Rajat & 'Confused'.
    I am close to finalise SF unit after I analysed builder flats in vicinity and found it value for money. One big factor I anticipate is the proximity of this society to proposed Metro (if Metro comes...
    I assume you mean an SF unit in the authority flats only - GF, FF would be great if you can stretch a bit. What is the rate you are being quoted for this SF...

Thanks,
    R

Comment

Great inputs and analysis.

Check out the burglary rate and for own use, invest in some heavy duty steel doors and locks.

Avoid ground floor for own use - maximum disturbance and security threat.

Good for a short term (3 years) investment. Expect 100% return i.e 0.5-0.6 crore after 3years. Very little maintenance charge - it is a pure investment without much of "cost of carry"

I continue to be sceptical of DDA and NA type of flats for long term (>15 years). Despite fantastic returns in last 6 months, these are bound to fall out of fashion as people shift to better quality of living
      Venky (Please read watch a or before posting)

Comment

Thanks Venky.
        You are right as I have seen that everyone there have steel doors at front & back in addition to wooden doors.
        Did you mean 50 L value after 3 years (since it is already costing 41-42 L)?

My personal opinion is that BPL -> Lower Lower middle class -> Lower MC -> MC -> Upper MC.......In indian urban population this cycle would continue with backfilling.

Comment

Originally posted by Venkytalks View Post
          Great inputs and analysis.

Check out the burglary rate and for own use, invest in some heavy duty steel doors and locks.

Avoid ground floor for own use - maximum disturbance and security threat.

Good for a short term (3 years) investment. Expect 100% return i.e 0.5-0.6 crore after 3years. Very little maintenance charge - it is a pure investment without much of "cost of carry"

I continue to be sceptical of DDA and NA type of flats for long term (>15 years). Despite fantastic returns in last 6 months, these are bound to fall out of fashion as people shift to better quality of living
          Whatever society it is ppl do install iron gates these days. It is common.

I think security is good. Guards are almost all corners of the society. Have been in the society since long and have heard 1-2 incidents but I assume 1-2 incidents can happen in any society.

No disturbance at all on ground floor. Please dont generalize your exp to every one. You might have one odd exp and if ground floor is bad ppl wont pay premium for ground floor.

At least ppl can modify these apartments as per their own needs if one thinks they are falling out of fashion.

Comment

Having recently moved to ground floor, I had to strengthen front door, back door, ventilators and all the windows - very expensive initial investment for ground floor. Even after that i feel insecure - because the guys who were fixing it had skills - they would probably take it apart also in about 5 minutes.

Every time you leave home, you worry about burglary.

Unlike my earlier 3rd floor flat where you have one entry - spend same amount as on GF but all focussed to strengthen just one entry door and you have no worry. Windows too high - unless circus acrobats

But for investment of course, GF is the best - because you dont plan to live there, just sell it and move on. So who cares about such things - whatever gives best return is the best and in Delhi GF will always be the best

Re: Return, I meant your 35 L will probably become about 60L plus in 3 years, maybe even more. After that, it might stand still for some few years as the massive inventory release will probably depress prices for about 7 years. Like Dwarka in the late 90s stood still for long before moving up like crazy
            Last edited June 15 2011, 07:27 PM.
            Venky (Please read watch a or before posting)

Comment

Thanks Rajat & 'Confused'.
              I am close to finalise SF unit after I analysed builder flats in vicinity and found it value for money. One big factor I anticipate is the proximity of this society to proposed Metro (if Metro comes...
              Whats the quote you are getting for SF and TF ...thanks in advance for sharing ...

Comment

Regarding the security aspect Zohaib was very optimistic, see here

https://www.indianrealestateforum.co...e?p=33#post186

I, myself and many of my family members being doodh ka jwala hua... always concerned about safety and security of individual houses.

Comment

After negotiation, I am being offered 41L for SF at decent location. Any suggestion pls....

Comment

After negotiation, I am being offered 41L for SF at decent location. Any suggestion pls....
                    What is the state of the flat , I mean ..is it raw / semi furnished ..

Comment

With basic wooden work in bedrooms & kitchen, iron gates....though need to change all windows to wooden ones....

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X