Friends - we have discussed all the issues and have even explored the laws related to land acquisition and what not...
But how can you forget the President who is sitting at home...so this thread is initiated in public interest.

How to deal with your wife while doing a RE investment ?

Senior members, please comment :)
Read more
15 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by chirag999
    Friends - we have discussed all the issues and have even explored the laws related to land acquisition and what not...
    But how can you forget the President who is sitting at home...so this thread is initiated in public interest.

Well your question has the answer ....treat like president ...after decision has been made send proposal to her for ratifying .....even if she decides to send it back once for review then send it back ...second time president has to ratify .....this way wife gets presidential treatment and you get to make decision on your own ....best of both worlds...
    CommentQuote
  • Promise her that the one you bought is temporary and you have plan to buy in LB300 when it will be ready or in North Eye Sec 74.
    Best way to deal wife is just make some promise like Metro Train in Noida Sec 137. Like Metro will always remain proposed your promise will also always remain proposed.

Note : Above will not work on Girlfriend as there is serious risk that girlfriend will switch to one who bought directly in LB300. 3-4 boy friend change kerna Industry standard hai. After that it called attrition.

On a serious note people who booked in proposed residential society as their dream home will be disappointed. Don't get emotionally attached until really not get delivered. Same explain your wife also. Always look it as "Your money is working for you".

Another way is to offer 3-4 lakh for buying furniture/decoration. But only offer... After buying flat put a condition if builder deliver without delay then only offer is valid.
    CommentQuote
  • Someone told me long back ago.... in marriage nothing is guaranteed, except the money you get in hand. .. I did not follow him so I still remember that ..)

So, the investor, do invest in a good wife first!!

PS: don't ask me what is a good wife ... I myself don't know ... not sure whether it really exist or just another illusion!!

PS2: This is a joke!!
    CommentQuote
  • Chirag Buddy..good to know that you actually created a thread for this topic...when I explained this in one of my post I thought you are pulling my leg and don't want me to put off topic post in there...but seems you were serious ;)
    Good going buddy :)

Originally Posted by chirag999

CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by chandra2034
    Promise her that the one you bought is temporary and you have plan to buy in LB300 when it will be ready or in North Eye Sec 74.
    Best way to deal wife is just make some promise like Metro Train in Noida Sec 137. Like Metro will always remain proposed your promise will also always remain proposed.

Note : Above will not work on Girlfriend as there is serious risk that girlfriend will switch to one who bought directly in LB300. 3-4 boy friend change kerna Industry standard hai. After that it called attrition.

On a serious note people who booked in proposed residential society as their dream home will be disappointed. Don't get emotionally attached until really not get delivered. Same explain your wife also. Always look it as "Your money is working for you".

Another way is to offer 3-4 lakh for buying furniture/decoration. But only offer... After buying flat put a condition if builder deliver without delay then only offer is valid.

I used similar process with my ex- girlfrnd saying that this is just for time being. We will get a better one later on. She was adamant on buying on top floor and not on ground floor. I think this suggestion works.
    And since now she is my ex, I am happy investor who listened to my heart :)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by chirag999

Chirag,
    U have not specifically mentioned the issue u are facing. Anyway u dont need to mention much coz its pretty obvious:D

If the situation is that ur wife is demanding a house which is out of your budget, please tell her very sweetly and carefully.....
    "sweetheart i dont mind buying u the JP Sun court flat or Assotech celeste flat or L300, provided my F.I.L. pays for the loan. I will surely pay the booking amount:D

Btw is raaz ka khulasa to bhawan bhi nahi kar sakenge.
    CommentQuote
  • Always it is better to discuss with your wife before investing or doing anything. Because she is the one who is very interested in the success and what and dos of ours . So it is better to share with her the truth. None other than her will be interested in directing you to profit either it be investment or starting out a new project. So better share the truth with her
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Nikhil_S
    Chirag Buddy..good to know that you actually created a thread for this topic...when I explained this in one of my post I thought you are pulling my leg and don't want me to put off topic post in there...but seems you were serious ;)

Nikhil Sir,Ye topic Aap ki hi wajeh se bana hai :bab (59):

Ab toh ek bar mai kafi solution mil jayenge aapko

:bab (16):Chirag good one.
    CommentQuote
  • Hello Munish Sir,

I am not facing any issues as i am still enjoying the benefits of being a bachelor :)
    So maine to sirf baaki janta kii help karne ke liye ye thread strat kiya hai...i am studying all the ideas kynuki future mein jaroorat padd sakti hai.

Cheerrss,
    Chirag

Originally Posted by Munish Malhautra
    Chirag,
    U have not specifically mentioned the issue u are facing. Anyway u dont need to mention much coz its pretty obvious:D

If the situation is that ur wife is demanding a house which is out of your budget, please tell her very sweetly and carefully.....
    "sweetheart i dont mind buying u the JP Sun court flat or Assotech celeste flat or L300, provided my F.I.L. pays for the loan. I will surely pay the booking amount:D

Btw is raaz ka khulasa to bhawan bhi nahi kar sakenge.
    CommentQuote
  • Nikhil Bhai maine socha janta ko faida ho jaayega...
    Sabki life mein itni tension hein so kuch to achha karein...u kno...its like social service :)

Originally Posted by Nikhil_S
    Chirag Buddy..good to know that you actually created a thread for this topic...when I explained this in one of my post I thought you are pulling my leg and don't want me to put off topic post in there...but seems you were serious ;)
    CommentQuote
  • Haha, I can see this is going to be one of the hottest thread in the forum :)
    Nikhil Bhai maine socha janta ko faida ho jaayega...
    Sabki life mein itni tension hein so kuch to achha karein...u kno...its like social service :)
    CommentQuote
  • In my home all international decisions are taken by me (how to deal with Gadhafi, how to deal with Arab spring revolution) but all domestic decisions are taken by the native President. Moreover, all good decisions are taken by her and all failures were due to my decision that were doomed to fail from day 1 (like many NE owner husbands would become deaf sooner if things don't improve. If not married, high chances that GF would also cancel "land allotment").

CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by vicky6
    In my home all international decisions are taken by me (how to deal with Gadhafi, how to deal with Arab spring revolution) but all domestic decisions are taken by the native President. Moreover, all good decisions are taken by her and all failures were due to my decision that were doomed to fail from day 1 (like many NE owner husbands would become deaf sooner if things don't improve. If not married, high chances that GF would also cancel "land allotment").

Very good summary .. not only RE.. it applies to everything in life.

The answer is depends on your wife .. whether she is interested in this area or not. I have seen both the sides..
    . in one case the wife is the main investor, calling the shots and husband is just the body guard
    .. the other case, wife complained on the second day... kahan jungle/khanjhar mein le aye itni dhoop mein? kitty party achha tha
    CommentQuote
  • My suggestion - Do as she says...

What is important is that over a period of time keep saving some money behind her back and buy one house without her knowledge...

This is really important to save your back in any future setback.
    CommentQuote
  • Bolna aasaan hai, karna bahut mushkil :)

Originally Posted by rajat713
    My suggestion - Do as she says...

What is important is that over a period of time keep saving some money behind her back and buy one house without her knowledge...

This is really important to save your back in any future setback.
    CommentQuote