Sort by :
Filter by :
- Builder promises compensation after villagers stall work
NOIDA: A group of villagers on Thursday stalled the project of a private builder on Noida-Greater Noida Expressway complaining of heavy damage to their houses due to construction activities. The stalemate was resolved after intervention by officials of the district administration.
Early Thursday morning, villagers from Wazidpur in sector 135 of Noida stalled the work of a construction project of the JayPee group near the village. The villagers complained that portions of their houses in the vicinity of the project had been damaged by vibrations caused due to constant drilling activity by workers engaged in laying underground piles.
Officials of the district administration reached the spot and spoke to villagers and officials of the company. "A meeting was held between the villagers, officials of the district administration and officials of the construction company wherein it was assured that the builder would address all the concerns of the villagers," said circle officer, City-III, Mohini Pathak to TOI. The officials representing the company were its AGM A P Singh and land expert Dilbagh Singh.
The company has promised to provide compensation to all damages sustained to houses as a result of the drilling activities. Construction work timings will be reduced by a couple of hours each day when it resumes after two days. The officials of the company assured the villagers that before the resumption of the drilling work, wide trenches will be dug between the project site and the villages and the pits will be filled with shock-absorbing materials to reduce the effects of vibration on the houses.
"In the next few days, the land expert official of the construction company along with the villagers would compile the list of damages. The builder has promised to compensate for the damages by way of mending and repair," said Mohini Pathak. The builder has also promised to provide new houses in lieu of those that have been damaged by more than 50 per cent.
"The situation is under control and there is no threat to law and order in the region," informed SHO of Phase-II police station Anuj Chaudhary.
- Which is this project? Do Jaypee have something in sector 135?CommentQuote0Flag
- these three are in sector 135
Today Ridge Residency
Today Gracio Residency
- News clearly mention name of Jaypee group. It must be their project.CommentQuote0Flag
- My guess is, the dump reporter messed up once again. I have no reason to believe that he/she did it intelligently to drive his/her point.
135 has one and only one GHS project, that is Today homes Ridge Residency and Gracio. These building is quite far from the village and very unlikely will cause any damage to the village.
Where as JayPee Cosmos/Wish Town are very next to the village but they are no way in sector 135.
God save from this 8vi fail journalists .... who knows tomorrow this guy will be another Vir Sanghvi or Barkha Dutt!!!
Anyway, today is Friday :bab (48):CommentQuote0Flag
- g-h-arondabhai, one needs to be real watchful of rumor mongers & of some elements trying to gain out of the situation .
That is why, i said sometime earlier, every news needs to be analyzed ( especially in times of some sort of crisis ) & wrong/biased/paid one's need to be thrashed & shown their place ( not talking about this particular piece of news- talking in general ).CommentQuote0Flag
- This news is just insignificant!
It just doesn't relate to any legal issue or any unmanageable circumstances. The problem must have been resolved by now.
Nothing to worry!CommentQuote0Flag
- This happened to Jaypee project, not in sector 135. Since builder has dealt with this gracefully, its no longer a problem.CommentQuote0Flag
- I must thank fritolay for bringing every important news to the forum's attention - just like Manoja.CommentQuote0Flag
- Not sure whether there is a real damage to nearby village or just "behti Ganga mein haath dho lo" ... sab log paisa bana rahe hain ... hum bhi qatar mein khade ho jaate hain zhanda leke .. jo bhi mile wohi faida hain
- Originally Posted by ondabhaiNot sure whether there is a real damage to nearby village or just "behti Ganga mein haath dho lo" ... sab log paisa bana rahe hain ... hum bhi qatar mein khade ho jaate hain zhanda leke .. jo bhi mile wohi faida hain
This is exactly what they were doing. They knew they did not have a chance to get something, but seeing so many others make so much money must have been burning them up and so they tried to extract whatever they could under whatever excuse they could trump upCommentQuote0Flag
- अधिक नुकसान वाले घर दोबारा बनेंगे
सेक्टर-135 में बहुमंजिला टावर बनाने का काम शुक्रवार को भी रुका रहा। नोएडा अथॉरिटी के प्रशासनिक अधिकारी की अगुआई में बिल्डर कंपनी के इंजीनियरों ने हालात का जायजा लिया। ड्रिलिंग से नगली वाजिदपुर गांव के मकानों में हुए नुकसान का इंजीनियरों ने जायजा लिया। 50 पर्सेंट से अधिक नुकसान होने वाले घरों को दोबारा बनाया जाएगा। अन्य घरों को भी रिपेयर कराया जाएगा। अधिकारियों के अनुसार ड्रिलिंग और कंस्ट्रक्शन का काम तब तक चालू नहीं होगा, जब तक पानी और मिट्टी से ट्रंच (शॉक एब्जॉर्वर) नहीं तैयार हो जाता। निर्माण कंपनी ट्रंच को जल्द बनाना शुरू करेगी। इसके बाद ही ड्रिलिंग और निर्माण का काम शुरू होगा। अथॉरिटी ने निर्माण कार्य को रोकने और शॉक एब्जॉर्वर तकनीक का इस्तेमाल करने की सलाह दी। साथ ही मकानों में हुए नुकसान को भी ठीक कराने का निर्देश निर्माण कंपनी को दिया गया।