Aam Aadmi thats what many call ourselves and its precisely because of this that we are treated like one. Look whats happening around you.

-A common man (aam aadmi) pays nearly 33% of his earnings as Tax to feed the govt. machinery which is probably one of the most corrupt in the world
His family slogs day in and day out to make a living and maintain and standard of living, the wife works, the husband works, the children are made to dream that all this will ensure their Bright future

-The whole family finds ways to save something extra, visiting Subzi mandis, travelling in Public transportation where they are looted openly. The auto taxis fleece you with exorbitant prices, the maids at home plan to rob you, the Farmers sell their vegetables and fruits laced with chemicals, injection, and what not....which is getting absorbed in the body system and God knows what effect it will have on next generation.

-The Farmers who have sold off their land have enough money at hand to spoil their hordes of children who in turn form groups..drink openly, eve tease, rob in broad daylight and drive around on streets looking to create trouble. Any resistance means that at least 2-3 dozen villagers will come within minutes and even beat up police constables. They have become property dealers and local politicians and not to forget the local police is simply “One of them”. The umpteen number of accidents on road are due to these People being drivers on Local buses, Trucks and Autos. They carry arms, rods and engage in brazen display of political strength, gather in no time and stall the city life. All the Laws required to maintain a peaceful civil society are shattered by them each and every day and NO ONE...from Police, Politicians, Media wants to even talk about it....WHY ??..Because they are the Vote Bank...and while the Media will give you statistics on how law and order situation in a certain region is deteorating...No one has the Balls to come out and talk about the reasons...which stare at everyones faces daily....Look around..

-While the actual Poor farmer is struggling in caste system infected villages where he is working under the Land Rich farmers. These farmers will vote for anyone their leaders tell them to, they will simply follow what has been told else they stand a chance of being Cut off from the Village social system.

- The Land row which has been “Created” in Noida / Yamuna expressway is the work of the Former types (Land rich farmers). It was simple...They had the land and authority wanted land...No farmer was forced to let go his land..no one was tortured to sign the papers...no one was intimidated...it was done with their will....but what actually happened is that after acquiring land authority planned numerous bridges, infra projects and suddenly the part of land which was considered secluded and bought at cheap rates became the most talked about region in NCR (because of infra projects and connectivity)..This caused unrest amongst the farmers and seeing a perfect plot..the opposition parties gave them full support..in terms of money, power, lawyers back up.

- While the HC and SC has criticized the govt. was using emergency clause in such acquisitions (which is NOT NEW and is openly used everywhere else in India), no one is talking about how come the authority actually sold the land to builders...and how come the builders sold it to “Aam Aadmi”..This no one wants to talk about...as it involves the “Aam aadmi”...he is of no use...as he will continue to pay taxes or rather tax will be extracted from him...he is too busy and messed up in bank loans, upgrading lifestyle that he will neither come on the street to voice his anger...nor he has the money, political, media back up to support his cause....He will max to max..visit forums on internet, go on facebook, orkut, etc...write a blog and go to sleep cursing the system for his miseries.
He is NOT a Vote bank as probably 80% dont even vote...so who cares about them..No one.

- Its amazing that nearly 95% of Media (which is one of the most corrupt in this country) talks about Farmers in noida extension and Yamuna expressway..while NO ONE has highlighted the Goon Farmer leader Manvir Tewatiya who openly declared that he will use arms and arson..doesnt that make his a terrorist???..who supplied him arms...where he got the funds..who is protecting him..??....Media is NOT interested...as whole of media is Politically influenced. The whole media and political parties talk about few hundred farmers..but NO ONE is bothered about thousands of Middle class aam aadmi who took bank loans and now are left in confusion about their dream house.WHY??..Because they know he is of no use to them....He will neither come out on streets..nor have an impact on Vote Bank

- Farmers were agitating for months and their leader had openly proclaimed that he will use arms against the police and administration..but not even a SINGLE leader came to bridge the gap....Rahul Gandhi and co. actually waited for bloodshed to take place..let a few poor farmers die...and then come to console them...Doesnt Rahul Gandhi & co. read news..were they not aware that Farmers have openly gathered arms and threatened to use them...why No leader came then and act as a mediator ???..What would have happened if a few group of Middle class gantry threatened to use arms against administration???..they would have been put in jail under terrorist act...

- This is the fact...the people who bought in Noida extension and Yamuna expressway are nothing but “Aam Aadmi”..No one is bothered about them...with nearly 30,000 flats under a question now...no one is bothered to talk about them....and Yes...nearly whole of the region of Noida extension is under question. Many cases are pending in court for other villages..and with HC and SC offering them full support..other Villagers in the region are bound to follow as they are being given Full support in terms of money, lawyers, etc by opposition parties. What have they go to lose ???....Nothing....If they lose the case..they will still get what they have got..and if they win...they will get much more...and who doesnt want more ???

- None of the farmers in this region are interested in farming...visit one of these so called farmers villages and see what farming is going on...barely nothing...They simply want more money..thats all...nothing else....

- Aam Aadmi will continue to be pushed around....because he is being purposely made to struggle in daily life by the govt....so either he doesnt have the time, money or energy to voice his opinion in a strong manner....ITS A SHAME ON THE GOVT. MACHINERY OF THIS NATION
Read more
30 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Greatly written. We are paying even more than 33% TAX if calculate everything other than INCOME TAX like Sales Tax , Service Tax , Latest Property Tax , BRIBE , CESS ,...............................

After paying so much TAXes what finally AAM AADMI got from government, just a LOLLY POP kind of things. Only NCR do not represent INDIA, If government is spending a lot in NCR it does't mean whole INDIA is shining. Only 25 Million NCR public can not eat the share of 1.25 Billion Indian Public.

However I want to LIVE with +ive psychology with most of the issues but on the other hand whenever I see 80% public of INDIA can not eat fully even twice a day it always question me WHY??? Daily wages of a labor is 100-150 per day, is it genuine today????????
    CommentQuote
  • all govt. Are just into making issues to get vote bank...thats my point...rich farmers inspite of not paying taxes...openly breaking each and every law...causing law and order problems everywhere...not paying electricity and water bills...etc etc etc....are supported by everyone...simply becoz when the village elders decide to vote for a party...the whole village follows....this is the ONLY reason why they get away from everything.....while aam aadmi is never united.....NEVER....How long does it take to form a Group of 400-500 investors...hire a lawyer...inform the media and stage a dharna at noida authority office...use some connections to invite some politician also...so this important side of story is not ignored.....Not going to happen....as aam aadmi is scared of police...he is scared of administration...he has a job....wants a decent lifestyle for family,..he is a family man..protective.....he wouldnt do it....but on the other side....it will take maximum 1 day to gather 500 villages with lathis and iron rods to stage a dharna....if u live in NCR.....u will know what i mean.......these people have become a nuisance...in noida, gurgaon, faridabad, ghaziabad....these people are breaking each and every law and getting away with it daily....from selling adultrated milk...adultrated vegetables, fruits, grains, spices, etc etc openly.....eve teasing on roads.....overloaded buses, autos, taxis....breaking traffic rules....thefts, robberies, drinking openly, etc etc etc....no one wants to point finger at .......as eventually they are the vote bank.......thats all that matters...VOTE
    CommentQuote
  • if Aam Aadmi has so much problem with government then why not become leader ? Aam aadmi should contest election.

I see lot of people writing about corruption/problem on facebook/orkut...IREF..
    Because it's free...

2 month back a active member of IREF was supporting Aana Hazare.. then after 20 days he was writing about a black deal to get commercial plot in G.Noida. Well I am not blaming him why he is doing that..

Example is to just show what that's called typical aam aadmi.

Aab kaam ki baat.. I am thinking to contest MLA election in 2017. My plan was based on assumption that 50k home will be occupied in NE. Another 50k will be in New NOIDA sector.
    Meaning 100k home means 2 Lakh votes I can get by advertizing on IREF/Facebook as most of the buyers here use internet.
    Another 50k I can arrange.... You know how.. That's enough for being an MLA.

Seems like I have to postpone my plan for another 5 years as NE is in trouble. Bhai logo sochte kya ho raise your hand and say you will vote for me. . Aakhir Aam Aadmi he aam aadmi ke kaam aayega..:D
    CommentQuote
  • Pate ki baat

Awesome post aam aadmi ,

pate ki baat kahi aapne mango people. Taking advantage of the weak and helpless , thats what is the motto of our so called "public servants" ( with a few exceptions) Praja sevak. Aam ko chuso, guthli pheko yahi unka yahi motto hai.

Hope our country improves in future.
    CommentQuote
  • chandra2034: Try to contest a municipal election and see the number of goons at ur doorstep....MLA door ki baat hai...the first thing you need to contest elections in india is Muscle power / Goons behind your back...else you can be pulled aside..threatened and remove your name. By joining a political party you will get it....but you think its easy to get ticket ???? Dont u read newspaper????.. Read them again..there are proper fist fights in party offices to get ticket.

Aam aadmi has a wish list....he wants to upgrade his familys lifestyle...he wants to get a small house, car, good education for children....he doesnt consider himself lower class and is not rich...but tries to uplift himself....this is how middle class is everywhere.

He is so stuck in his daily life that he is left with no energy and time to do anything. He is looted from all sides...plus made to pay taxes.

Aam aadmi cannot change anything because everyone has different aims...unlike villagers who are united...they live in a ghetto system. They consider their neighbours as extended family. Do you consider your neighbours to be like that???? in a appartment society....hardly anyone interacts with one another...try to ask your neighbour son to help you fight in a brawl....then lets see.....on the other hand....one villager in chalera, bhangel, etc is capable of collecting 100 guys in 10-15 mins flat.

Aam aadmi come from diff background and has diff goals...they dont have a connection....villagers are connected.....and thats why even with 100,000 Aam aadmi voters in Noida the MLA of Noida is a Local Village leader by the name of Satbir Gujjar...

Now you know why ?????

Its a fact that while aam aadmi is so emgrossed in his small goals and upgrading his lifestyle..he doesnt to get caught in all this monkey business...he wants to play safe...and so is secluded.....result....He is Not a Vote Bank...meaning zero value..

Just try this....go to any aam aadmi society and pick up a verbal fight with a youngster...while u may have many passer byes who will make faces and move ahead......and then try the same in a village.....you will be in hospital for months....if lucky
    CommentQuote
  • Great posts, aam aadmi . Love to see u continue the effort :bab (48):.

Another very relevant fact about the Common man - "Na g-h-a-r Ka Na Ghaat ka".
    CommentQuote
  • I am 100% follower of you whenever you will contest i will give vote to you

Originally Posted by chandra2034
    if Aam Aadmi has so much problem with government then why not become leader ? Aam aadmi should contest election.

I see lot of people writing about corruption/problem on facebook/orkut...IREF..
    Because it's free...

2 month back a active member of IREF was supporting Aana Hazare.. then after 20 days he was writing about a black deal to get commercial plot in G.Noida. Well I am not blaming him why he is doing that..

Example is to just show what that's called typical aam aadmi.

Aab kaam ki baat.. I am thinking to contest MLA election in 2017. My plan was based on assumption that 50k home will be occupied in NE. Another 50k will be in New NOIDA sector.
    Meaning 100k home means 2 Lakh votes I can get by advertizing on IREF/Facebook as most of the buyers here use internet.
    Another 50k I can arrange.... You know how.. That's enough for being an MLA.

Seems like I have to postpone my plan for another 5 years as NE is in trouble. Bhai logo sochte kya ho raise your hand and say you will vote for me. . Aakhir Aam Aadmi he aam aadmi ke kaam aayega..:D
    CommentQuote
  • Sumthing old one but interesting on Aam Admi and corruption in India....

Our media reports corruption episodically. One independent incident of greed follows another. Let us set all that aside and look at it differently. No race can be congenitally corrupt. But can a race be corrupted by its culture? To know why Indians are corrupt let's look elsewhere. What patterns and practices distinguish us?

First: Religion is transactional in India

We give God cash and anticipate an out-of-turn reward. Our plea acknowledges we aren't really deserving.The cash compensates for our lack of merit.

In the world outside the temple walls, such a transaction has a name:"bribe".

In India God accepts cash from us, not good work, for which there is no reward. We don't expect something from God in return for sweeping our neighborhood streets. We go with money.

Observe this in another way. Why does the wealthy Indian give not cash to temples, but gold crowns and such baubles? To ensure his gift isn't squandered on feeding the poor. Our pay-off is for God. It's wasted if it goes to man. See what this has produced.

In June 2009, The Hindu published a report of Karnataka minister G. Janardhan Reddy gifting a crown of gold and diamonds worth Rs. 45 crore to Tirupati. According to the temple's website, Tirupati got 3,200kg silver and 2.4kg of diamonds in just one year. The temple encourages such giving, according to a report in The Telegraph in April 2010. Those who gifted a kilo of gold, worth over Rs. 21 lakh, got "VIP darshan" (which means cutting the queue) of the idol. In 2007, Vellore's Sripuram temple was built with 1,500kg of gold. By weight alone it is worth Rs. 325 crore.

In May 2010, according to The Economic Times, 1,075kg of gold was deposited by Tirupati with the State Bank of India (SBI) for safe keeping. In 2009, 500kg was deposited with the Indian Overseas Bank.In June 2004, Business Standard reported that Tirupati couldn't melt down 8,000kg of gifted gold ornaments because devotees had stuck precious stones to their gift. This 8 tonnes of metal, worth Rs. 1,680 crore but actually useless, was gathering dust in temple vaults.

On 11 February, according to The Hindu Business Line, 1,175kg of gold was deposited with SBI, and the temple trustees had yet another 3,000kg of gold handy.What will they do with all this metal? Gold-plate the walls of the temple (lending new meaning to the phrase "India Shining"). This work was halted by the Andhra Pradesh high court in December. Not because it was wasteful-such things aren't vulgar to Indians-but because it might have damaged wall inscriptions.

India's temples collect so much of this stuff they don't know what to do with it. In February, 17 tonnes of silver, worth Rs. 117 crore, was found in an Odisha temple. The priests say they had no idea it was even there. But the devotee keeps giving. Tirupati alone gets between 800kg (The Economic Times' estimate) and 1,825kg The Telegraph's estimate) of gold a year.

When God accepts money in return for his favours, what is wrong with my doing the same thing? Nothing. This is why Indians are so easily corruptible. Our culture accommodates such transactions morally. This is key. There is no real stigma. The demonstrably corrupt Indian leader can harbor hope of a comeback, unthinkable in the West.

Our moral ambiguity towards corruption is also visible in our history. This is our second point.

Any number of books on Indian history tells us of the capture of cities and kingdoms after guards were paid off to open gates, and commanders paid off to surrender.

This is unique to India. We read of battles won after battalions evaporated. Our corrupt nature has limited warfare on the subcontinent. It is striking how little Indians have actually fought compared to ancient Greece and modern Europe. The Turks' battles with Nadir Shah were vicious and fought to the finish. In India fighting wasn't needed, bribing was usually enough to see off our armies. The invader willing to spend a bit of cash always brushed aside India's kings, no matter how many tens of thousands peopled their infantry.

Little battle was given at the "Battle" of Plassey. Clive paid off MirJaffar and all of Bengal folded to an army of 3,000.

There was always a financial solution to taking our forts.Golconda was captured in 1687 after the secret back door was left open. In1700, the fort of Parli, west of Satara, the headquarters of the Maratha government, fell after it took a bribe from Aurangzeb. In 1701, Aurangzeb invested the Panhala fort for two months without success. Then he bribed the Maratha commandant Trimbak, who let the Mughals in. Aurangzeb took the forts at Wardhangarh, Nandgir, Wandan and Chandan without fighting. Khelna fought the Mughals (led by the mercenary Sawai Rajputs of Amber) superbly till commandant Parshuram accepted his bribe and gave up the fort.

According to The Cambridge History of India, Torna was the only fortcaptured in that long campaign without bribes.Allahabad was taken by the Mughals in April 1720 when Girdhar Bahadur left the gates open after being promised governorship of Awadh. The same year Asir opened its gates to Nizam-ul-Mulk after a bribe.The Raja of Srinagar gave up Dara Shikoh'sson Sulaiman to Aurangzeb after a bribe. Shivaji took Kondhana (which he renamed Sinhagad) after the Mughal commander was bribed. The Mughals lost Penukonda to the Marathas in 1706 after the commandant was paid off.

We must understand that this isn't one man bribed alone. He must share thatmoney with his officers, who must in turn pass it along to the infantry and cavalry. Everyone participated in this treason.

Question is: Why do we have a transactional culture while civilized nations don't?

The answer is that we haven't learnt to trust one another as Europeans have.

Indians do not buy the theory that we can all rise if each of us behaves morally, because that is not the message of our faith.This is the third point.

Our faith assures us that God will deliver for us individually, but we must deliver to him too. When Europeans came here they built schools (there were zero schools in Gujarat before Mountstuart Elphinstone built the first 10 in the 1820s).

When we go to Europe we build more temples. Patels alone have built 12Swaminarayan temples in Britain. Unfortunately, the European is tolerant and the Indian quite shameless, though it's true also that he's unaware of what he's doing. He's practising his magic in a culture where it isn't needed. He doesn't need God's favours in a society that isn't corrupt, that is moral,that is equal. All he needs is hard work, which he's quite capable of giving.

Some might say the doctrine of our faith doesn't support this behavior. That shouldn't concern us here. We're talking about its practice, the way we do religion, rather than its philosophy, which is ultimately meaningless.The way we do it is Hobbesian.

We are up against everyone else, except God - and even he must be bribed.

JAI BHARAT
    CommentQuote
  • The fact of Indian Political system:

All parties are Bad....all corrupt...all goon

More than 90 percent politicians have criminal cases against them

To be a politician you dont need any education qualification, no retirement age.

Its a simple game..when congress in power BJP will make noise...and reveal scams...when BJP will be in power...congress will make noise and reveal scams....MEDIA being even more corrupt will simply highlight masala to get their TRP Ratings...

Police and govt. Admin (IAS,etc) will continue to be corrupt whether its congress or BJP.....

BJP was kicked out of delhi due to numerous corruptions..and mind you electorate of delhi is one of the most educated one.....they chose congress for past 10 years and see what they got....a 30k crore scam.

BJP is pissed off because they simply didnt get a share of their pie...

Villagers issue in noida region is not new...there have been such politically motivated revolts in land acquisitions since 1990s.....Politicians use it..few poor farmers are killed,...and party over....

SP gave 2500 acre land to reliance on noida expressway.....what they got in return can be anyones guess.

Just becoz mayawati has exhausted all the major land bank leaving them with left overs is making opposition parties fume with anger

There is NO proper party in inida
    CommentQuote
  • Sure, you would receive 3 cheers from most here, as you are speaking in their favor. Many poinys are, good, appreciate that. Some are not so good. Reading the post, it gives the impression that people like us are the living the most miserable life in India, which is just not true. Grass always looks greener on the other side, though it is not so. My comments

Originally Posted by aam aadmi

-A common man (aam aadmi) pays nearly 33% of his earnings as Tax to feed the govt. machinery which is probably one of the most corrupt in the world

what do you have to say abt those whose earning cann't even be taxed, as it falls below the taxable limit, i.e. less than 2 lakh /yr?

His family slogs day in and day out to make a living and maintain and standard of living, the wife works, the husband works, the children are made to dream that all this will ensure their Bright future

most sit in AC offices and travel in AC cars, have 5 day week and a lot of paid leaves, while the maids have to do physical work by waliking to different homes, get pay cut for any leave, have no PF and have to do this after doing their own household work and sometimes husband's voilence. People wondered so much when I used to travel 10 km to office on a cycle. A rikshawala pulls 150kg weight for 1 km for just Rs 10.

-The whole family finds ways to save something extra, visiting Subzi mandis, travelling in Public transportation where they are looted openly. The auto taxis fleece you with exorbitant prices, the maids at home plan to rob you, the Farmers sell their vegetables and fruits laced with chemicals, injection, and what not....which is getting absorbed in the body system and God knows what effect it will have on next generation.

Looters are everywhere. People in MNCs lot insurance companies by showing fake medicle bills, while abusing the politicians for corruption the next minute! Most dont pay any tax for income in share market/rent etc, but everyone claims deduction for rent, house loan :). Looters are everywhere is similar %ge. The diff is - jiska moonh jitna bada hai, utna wo khayega.

- The Land row which has been “Created” in Noida / Yamuna expressway is the work of the Former types (Land rich farmers). It was simple...They had the land and authority wanted land...No farmer was forced to let go his land..no one was tortured to sign the papers...no one was intimidated...it was done with their will....but what actually happened is that after acquiring land authority planned numerous bridges, infra projects and suddenly the part of land which was considered secluded and bought at cheap rates became the most talked about region in NCR (because of infra projects and connectivity)..This caused unrest amongst the farmers and seeing a perfect plot..the opposition parties gave them full support..in terms of money, power, lawyers back up.

no one was force? what was emergency clause of land acquisition used for then? The row seems to be created now, as the media is covering it now. The case for which Allahabad high court gave verdict and stayed the land acquisition, was logged 2 years back, months befoe the first project of Noida Ext was launched. (heck, even the term Noida extension was not coined back then).

- While the HC and SC has criticized the govt. was using emergency clause in such acquisitions (which is NOT NEW and is openly used everywhere else in India), no one is talking about how come the authority actually sold the land to builders...and how come the builders sold it to “Aam Aadmi”..This no one wants to talk about...as it involves the “Aam aadmi”...he is of no use...as he will continue to pay taxes or rather tax will be extracted from him...he is too busy and messed up in bank loans, upgrading lifestyle that he will neither come on the street to voice his anger...nor he has the money, political, media back up to support his cause....He will max to max..visit forums on internet, go on facebook, orkut, etc...write a blog and go to sleep cursing the system for his miseries.
    He is NOT a Vote bank as probably 80% dont even vote...so who cares about them..No one.

- Its amazing that nearly 95% of Media (which is one of the most corrupt in this country) talks about Farmers in noida extension and Yamuna expressway..while NO ONE has highlighted the Goon Farmer leader Manvir Tewatiya who openly declared that he will use arms and arson..doesnt that make his a terrorist???..who supplied him arms...where he got the funds..who is protecting him..??....Media is NOT interested...as whole of media is Politically influenced. The whole media and political parties talk about few hundred farmers..but NO ONE is bothered about thousands of Middle class aam aadmi who took bank loans and now are left in confusion about their dream house.WHY??..Because they know he is of no use to them....He will neither come out on streets..nor have an impact on Vote Bank

by this logic, the farmer suicides in maharashtra, andhra etc should have been the top news for years in media. as thousands have died. but media was busy showing rakhi sawant, khali, comedy shows etc. Even now, many news channels are expressing concern over fate of those who have bought flats in NE. I have seen this on zee business and total TV. newspapers are also running such stories.

- Farmers were agitating for months and their leader had openly proclaimed that he will use arms against the police and administration..but not even a SINGLE leader came to bridge the gap....Rahul Gandhi and co. actually waited for bloodshed to take place..let a few poor farmers die...and then come to console them...Doesnt Rahul Gandhi & co. read news..were they not aware that Farmers have openly gathered arms and threatened to use them...why No leader came then and act as a mediator ???..What would have happened if a few group of Middle class gantry threatened to use arms against administration???..they would have been put in jail under terrorist act...

- This is the fact...the people who bought in Noida extension and Yamuna expressway are nothing but “Aam Aadmi”..No one is bothered about them...with nearly 30,000 flats under a question now...no one is bothered to talk about them....and Yes...nearly whole of the region of Noida extension is under question. Many cases are pending in court for other villages..and with HC and SC offering them full support..other Villagers in the region are bound to follow as they are being given Full support in terms of money, lawyers, etc by opposition parties. What have they go to lose ???....Nothing....If they lose the case..they will still get what they have got..and if they win...they will get much more...and who doesnt want more ???

if they lose, they would have to be content with penuts, yes, the price paid to them was penuts, even if the new development did not take place. coz land has an intrinsic value, which is much more when it is close to a metro. lands in haryana villages cost more than 1cr/acre.

- None of the farmers in this region are interested in farming...visit one of these so called farmers villages and see what farming is going on...barely nothing...They simply want more money..thats all...nothing else....

Sec 107 (now iowned by amrapali, 3C, eldeco etc) was farmed twice every year. sec 75 of gardenia golf city had standing crops even months after the project was launched.

- Aam Aadmi will continue to be pushed around....because he is being purposely made to struggle in daily life by the govt....so either he doesnt have the time, money or energy to voice his opinion in a strong manner....ITS A SHAME ON THE GOVT. MACHINERY OF THIS NATION
    CommentQuote
  • My pet rant

Originally Posted by saurabh2011
    Greatly written. We are paying even more than 33% TAX if calculate everything other than INCOME TAX like Sales Tax , Service Tax , Latest Property Tax , BRIBE , CESS ,...............................

After paying so much TAXes what finally AAM AADMI got from government, just a LOLLY POP kind of things. Only NCR do not represent INDIA, If government is spending a lot in NCR it does't mean whole INDIA is shining. Only 25 Million NCR public can not eat the share of 1.25 Billion Indian Public.

However I want to LIVE with +ive psychology with most of the issues but on the other hand whenever I see 80% public of INDIA can not eat fully even twice a day it always question me WHY??? Daily wages of a labor is 100-150 per day, is it genuine today????????

Assume you are in 30% tax slab, salaried middle class person

Out of 100Rs earning, you pay 30Rs to govt. straight.

Rest 70 Rs you spend.

But India has very high consumption tax varying from 20-30%

if you include import duty, central excise, state VAT, Octroi, service tax. etc - everything is ad-valorum - i.e. if cost of something is 10Rs., import duty is 20%, makes the cost 12 Rs, then central excise is say 12% of Rs. 12 and not of Rs. 10 and so on for each and every tax.

So 30% of remaining 70Rs which you spend also goes to govt. (Petrol price is 30 Rs cost and 30Rs tax, so this kind of wild taxation raises average taxation as a component of tax on final price and evens out against the lower 10% service tax. for some of your consumption)

So 30% of Rs 70 becomes Rs. 50. For every 50Rs worth of spending you have to do in India, you have to earn 100Rs and give 50 Rs to govt - which wastes this money in the wildest corruption imaginable.

Even in RE, you have VAT on steel, cement, service tax, VAT on the finished product, registration cost, stamp duty.

Now on top of all this, if you also have to pay bribes to the govt officials - that means for every 50Rs. you spend, tax by govt and its corrupt minions is adding some 60-70R over and above it. You have to earn some 120Rs to spend 50Rs.

On top of that, you have inefficiency of govt services. So instead of spending on decent things, you have to spend on invertors because power is inefficient, power back up because power cuts extend more than 4 hours, water purification because of poor quality water, buying water because there is no water, cars because there is no public transport, wireless modems because the MTNL broadband breaks down every few days.

SO out of every 50Rs. you want to spend, some 20Rs is wasted in duplicating things which the govt is supposed to provide to you in rturn for the taxes you are paying.

So middle class works hard to earn 120 Rs but gets to spend only 20Rs on itself because govt forces you to waste 100Rs.

The rich cheat and dont pay taxes.

The poor pay no income tax, but every time they pay more for aaloo or onions, govt is pocketing 1Rs in the form of diesel tax.

Every time they spend 10Rs on a soap, govt is pocketing 3-4 Rs (Corporate tax, tax on raw materials, ad valorum central excise, state excise VAT, octroi). Cost of making soap is only 1Rs. Company earns 1Rs in profit. Wholesaler makes 1Rs. retailer makes 1Rs. Advertising is some 1Rs. Govt makes 5Rs - because it taxes the wholesaler, the retailer, the advertiser and the manufacturer.

If you are middle class, you also pay your income tax. In India it is better to be poor or be corrupt and cheat on taxes.

You and I have to bear this price.

Honest people are horribly discriminated against. And yet, India is shining only because of its educated middle class.

Poor are unproductive. Make only 500dollars per annum.

Rich are corrupt - they live like parasites with their crony capitalism.

Middle class is making 5000 dollars of productivity. But it gets ony 500 dollars per annum to spend on itself - just like poor people - because the rest 4500 dollars is stolen by the govt and corrupt people.

Leave this country. Or tolerate the injustice.

We are like this only.
    CommentQuote
  • see it this way.....You pay 33 percent of ur hard earned income (without any proper labour laws, rights, overtime, etc etc etc) and what you get in return:

1. Govt. Hospital...how many of u would dare to admit their near and dear ones in municipal hospital

2. Govt school...how many of u would dare to admit their children in govt. School

3. Police...ask yourself....do u feel safe and secure to visit them....do u trust them????

4.Judicial system.....cases pending for 20 yrs....decisions in 10 years.....a terrorist was caught live on camera and our courts Still havent decided......Forget that....how many of you invested in noida extension can think of exhausting themselves by going to consumer court against the builder....the builder increased super area...gives late possession....doesnt deliver...and still nothing can be done..

Yes we are better than bangladesh, somalia , sudan, etc etc.....but is that enough.....?????...should we be just happy with that??????....another typical aam aadmi dialogue...

The issue is that aam aadmi is caught in this catch 69 position....he knows he is being looted....he knows he is being taken for a ride...but at the same he pays taxes...and gets zero support from govt...as all parties whether congress, bjp, etc have one goal....to suck as much as they can.........aam aadmi is stuck....he is educated enuf to understand....but not a goon to contest in elections......

Thats why i said....No one cares about aam aadmi....One reason...he is NOT a vote bank

See how fast villagers united and won case against the authority...can u expect the same from humdreds on investors in noida extension to do the same....no...they will come with an excuse.....i am working...i am out of india...i dont have time...where the fact is that the aam aadmi is scared...scared to run around courts, deal with goons...deal with political and builder mafia....its a fact....and You CANNOT blame him....becoz he is simply stuck....in the vicious circle created by politicians....a web....

Just imagine....when politicians can ensure their gatherings are secure and safe....their families are safe...their election campiagns are safe....why cant they make the cities safe....Its very easy for them to make the police efficient...city administrations efficient....but that they dont do on purpose.....else that will be..khudh paun pe kulhaari maarna....as 95 p.c cases and FIR will be for their near and dear ones

I am not giving any solution....just telling what no one wants to say...they experience it daily but dont say openly....how many media stories, politicians have you heard talking the main reason behind most of the deteorating law and order everywhere....The Villagers in NCR

How many of u want to live in a society surrounded by villages.....whats wrong with them?????????..You all know the answer why..

They are the vote bank......no one will deal with them

Its not to generalise...but this is what is happneing in NCR
    CommentQuote
  • Hi aam aadmi

r u Zoiab?

ur writing style same as Zoiab
    i am just guessing

Originally Posted by aam aadmi
    see it this way.....You pay 33 percent of ur hard earned income (without any proper labour laws, rights, overtime, etc etc etc) and what you get in return:

1. Govt. Hospital...how many of u would dare to admit their near and dear ones in municipal hospital

2. Govt school...how many of u would dare to admit their children in govt. School

3. Police...ask yourself....do u feel safe and secure to visit them....do u trust them????

4.Judicial system.....cases pending for 20 yrs....decisions in 10 years.....a terrorist was caught live on camera and our courts Still havent decided......Forget that....how many of you invested in noida extension can think of exhausting themselves by going to consumer court against the builder....the builder increased super area...gives late possession....doesnt deliver...and still nothing can be done..

Yes we are better than bangladesh, somalia , sudan, etc etc.....but is that enough.....?????...should we be just happy with that??????....another typical aam aadmi dialogue...

The issue is that aam aadmi is caught in this catch 69 position....he knows he is being looted....he knows he is being taken for a ride...but at the same he pays taxes...and gets zero support from govt...as all parties whether congress, bjp, etc have one goal....to suck as much as they can.........aam aadmi is stuck....he is educated enuf to understand....but not a goon to contest in elections......

Thats why i said....No one cares about aam aadmi....One reason...he is NOT a vote bank

See how fast villagers united and won case against the authority...can u expect the same from humdreds on investors in noida extension to do the same....no...they will come with an excuse.....i am working...i am out of india...i dont have time...where the fact is that the aam aadmi is scared...scared to run around courts, deal with goons...deal with political and builder mafia....its a fact....and You CANNOT blame him....becoz he is simply stuck....in the vicious circle created by politicians....a web....

Just imagine....when politicians can ensure their gatherings are secure and safe....their families are safe...their election campiagns are safe....why cant they make the cities safe....Its very easy for them to make the police efficient...city administrations efficient....but that they dont do on purpose.....else that will be..khudh paun pe kulhaari maarna....as 95 p.c cases and FIR will be for their near and dear ones

I am not giving any solution....just telling what no one wants to say...they experience it daily but dont say openly....how many media stories, politicians have you heard talking the main reason behind most of the deteorating law and order everywhere....The Villagers in NCR

How many of u want to live in a society surrounded by villages.....whats wrong with them?????????..You all know the answer why..

They are the vote bank......no one will deal with them

Its not to generalise...but this is what is happneing in NCR
    CommentQuote
  • The sad truth about our country is that no matter what good we choose to do, it all boils down to money.

We try to fight corruption, and the system makes sure you spend the rest of your life paying the price for it.

A cynical viewpoint-
    The best way to survive is by having strategic relationships. There is need for the following relatives or close contacts.
    1 Police officer
    2 Doctor
    3 Judicial representative
    4 Bureaucrat
    5 Politician
    6 and lots n lots of coloured money

and then you have arrived in this country and are here to stay a fulfilling life for good.

If not, please migrate to any other place in the world. This country is not for you.

Look at Congress trying to run down Anna Hazare Ji. To even expect them to support his cause is ridiculous. Where would congress be without corruption. The truth is even with all our moralistic view points, we(the middle class) are too lazy to act against the system, also scared of what our fate might be; anything is possible in this country.

A revolution is required. Wonder when that would happen!
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Sameera
    The sad truth about our country is that no matter what good we choose to do, it all boils down to money.

We try to fight corruption, and the system makes sure you spend the rest of your life paying the price for it.

A cynical viewpoint-
    The best way to survive is by having strategic relationships. There is need for the following relatives or close contacts.
    1 Police officer
    2 Doctor
    3 Judicial representative
    4 Bureaucrat
    5 Politician
    6 and lots n lots of coloured money

and then you have arrived in this country and are here to stay a fulfilling life for good.

If not, please migrate to any other place in the world. This country is not for you.

Look at Congress trying to run down Anna Hazare Ji. To even expect them to support his cause is ridiculous. Where would congress be without corruption. The truth is even with all our moralistic view points, we(the middle class) are too lazy to act against the system, also scared of what our fate might be; anything is possible in this country.

A revolution is required. Wonder when that would happen!

Certainly it won't happen with us seating in AC rooms and expressing our frustrations here on net.
    CommentQuote