I hope everyone shall get their flat on time as promised by various builders. After possession, there is one big hurdle in Noida/NE/GN projects and that is the registration of flats. I am leaving that part apart in this discussion. Here, I wanna know from my friends on IREF, what if the quality is not upto the mark as promised and there are spillage inside the flat. Toilet water from flat above your flat come in ur flat, under-wall pipe leakages? You are laying on bed and you find there are cracks in the ceiling and all these happens from day 1 or after 3-4 months? Can we ask the builder later to correct the damages? Sometimes, there are permanent damages and can not be corrected. So can we claim on the builder for these?

Consider the projects by 3C and other reputed builders.
Read more
11 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • You have touched upon a very important aspect my friend. Unfortunately the laws in our country are not very customer friendly. The options left with you would be to first negotiate with the builder and ask him to carry out the repair work (if possible). If he does not pay deed, then go to consumer court and/or upload videos of your flat on some public forum so it gives the builder negative publicity. I know of someone who recently purchased a flat in Gaur Green city in Indirapuram and had to spend around 1 Lakh on seepage problems. Also search on youtube for Rajhans and Aditya Megacity related problems , you would see lots of videos posted by residents.
    CommentQuote
  • Hi Lchand,
    good to see u back.
    The post possession period is actual start of business-end so as to say. That is what decides the fate of a project as successful or unsuccessful. I dont consider under-constructed projects being sold fast as a success point coz 50-70% is short term investment, yes it is a positive start but good societies are successful only after getting occupied with buyers who are satisfied for a longer period of time. eg hiranandani, oberoi, ats green etc.

I feel what u are saying depends a lot on the strength and effectiveness of the RWA which can manage and nego these issues with the developer post possession. I haven't lived in a flat for a very long duration (max was 3 yrs in mumbai)but still am aware of these issues due to the leased flats that i own.
    CommentQuote
  • Before taking possession, do look at the apartment minutely & get all discrepancies sorted out .

......but if problems crop up, after u have signed possession papers, u r at mercy of the builder & would need to sort it out with the Builder, maybe threatening him with negative publicity or repeatedly cajoling him to sort out the issues . A strong RWA could be real effective too .
    CommentQuote
  • i have read somewhere, may be in my BBA, that builder owes the responsibility for any construction defect identified till a certain period. can anyone confirm? i am out of station to cant read the BBA.
    CommentQuote
  • In case you dont get any action/response from builder then you may go to consumer court (Online)

-filling of consumer complaints to become reality

After last year’s promise to start e- filling in consumer courts, E-filling of your complaints in consumer courts may soon become a reality! According to a top minister in Consumer Affairs Ministry the government has just implemented the technology solution to enable the electronic filing of consumer complaints in the country.
    He said, “Technically the e-filing feature has been developed and this would come under the ongoing scheme for computerization and computer networking of consumer forums in the country.” The next step to make this a reality would be to amend the Consumer Protection Act, 1986, the process for which had already been initiated.

The government is under pressure to quickly and efficiently clear the backlog of ever rising consumer complaints and digitalization is being touted as a key solution to bring transparency and efficiency in delivering consumer justice.
    However, secretary-general, CUTS International, Pradeep S Mehta believes e-filling won’t be a cake walk for consumers. “We welcome this initiative. The big worry though is the fee payment gateway. As only a small percentage of people use credit cards,” he cautioned.
    CommentQuote
  • Friends, whichever communications on email you all are having with your respective builder, do make a folder of that on your email id. It'll help in search the information later after 2-3 years and that time you can show to the builder the whatever assurance you are getting from them now.

Please ask most of the things on email to the builder. It might help in future.
    CommentQuote
  • These days builders comes up with cleaver and cheap way of false ceiling in toilets. Instead of creating waterproof toilet pit and filling it up with KHANGAR coal. Hope this way might reduce seepage issue. But on other hand you might heard flush sounds.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by LChand
    I hope everyone shall get their flat on time as promised by various builders. After possession, there is one big hurdle in Noida/NE/GN projects and that is the registration of flats. I am leaving that part apart in this discussion. Here, I wanna know from my friends on IREF, what if the quality is not upto the mark as promised and there are spillage inside the flat. Toilet water from flat above your flat come in ur flat, under-wall pipe leakages? You are laying on bed and you find there are cracks in the ceiling and all these happens from day 1 or after 3-4 months? Can we ask the builder later to correct the damages? Sometimes, there are permanent damages and can not be corrected. So can we claim on the builder for these?

Consider the projects by 3C and other reputed builders.

consider selling such a flat
    CommentQuote
  • better be connected through a online group and if such issues come then go to the builder as a group, this way you can put more pressure on the builder.
    CommentQuote
  • Shikanjibhai, welcome back.

First of all, it purely depends on how much noise you can make. Mind that, you may be just alone having the problem in the entire building. If that is the case, no one will listen to you unless you are really noisy and offcoure without any sharm.

If there are few more having the same problem then you can have more chance to get the repair done by society or builder... depending upon how soon the problem pops up.

If the problem comes up in 1 or 2 years time and many people are affected then builder can be pressurized to do the repair....... otherwise the society has to take care. If only a handful people are affected then the individual generally takes care of the cost as rest of the members will not be bothered at all.

Finally, it depends on LUCK... so prey hard!!
    CommentQuote
  • कन्ज़यूमर कोर्ट जाए बिना शिकायत कर सकेंगे आप

आम उपभोक्ता के लिए कन्ज़यूमर कोर्ट में शिकायत करना अब और भी आसान बनने जा रहा है। अगर प्रॉडक्ट में गड़बड़ी दिखे या सर्विस देने में कोताही की जा रही हो तो आप घर बैठे कंज्यूमर कोर्ट में ऑनलाइन शिकायत कर सकेंगे। इसके लिए कोर्ट के चक्कर नहीं लगाने पड़ेंगे।

उपभोक्ता मंत्रालय के सूत्रों के मुताबि, इस प्रस्ताव पर तेजी से काम चल रहा है। ऑनलाइन शिकायत सीधे कन्ज़यूमर कोर्ट में पहुंच जाएगी। शिकायतकर्ता को शिकायत मिलने की जानकारी भी दे दी जाएगी। शिकायत मिलने के बाद सीधे उसे संबंधित कंपनी को भेजा जाएगा। कंपनी के पास यह ऑप्शन रहेगा कि वह या तो जवाब कंज्यूमर कोर्ट को दे या फिर ग्राहकों से बात करके उनकी समस्या का हल करे। ऐसी हालत में उसे कन्ज़यूमर कोर्ट को समस्या के हल की सूचना देनी होगी। सूत्रों के अनुसार , अगर मामला बड़ा हो तो कंपनी चाहे तो ग्राहकों से तमाम दस्तावेज मंगा सकेगी। वह ग्राहकों को कोर्ट में भी बुला सकेगी ताकि बात आमने - सामने हो सके।

बेशक उपभोक्ता को अपनी शिकायत कंज्यूमर कोर्ट भेजते समय संबंधित दस्तावेज साथ में भेजना होगा। पूरा विवरण देना होगा। इसके अलावा उपभोक्ताओं को अपना पता और फोन नंबर भी देना होगा। उपभोक्ता मामलों के विशेषज्ञ के . के . मदान का कहना है कि यह मांग काफी लंबे समय से चल रही थी कि शिकायत ई - फाइलिंग के जरिए हो। कई मामले तो इसलिए दर्ज नहीं होते कि उपभोक्ताओं को कोर्ट आकर यह मामले दर्ज कराने पड़ते हैं। ई - फाइलिंग के जरिए सबसे अधिक फायदा उन ग्राहकों को होगा , जिनके शहर में कन्ज़यूमर कोर्ट काफी दूर है। साथ ही कंपनियां पर भी उपभोक्ताओं की शिकायतों पर कार्रवाई करने का दबाव बढ़ेगा।

-NB times
    CommentQuote