Found this interesting article on a site:

4 NEWER reasons to invest in our properties

Gone are the days when an investment in real estate is predominantly with the idea to own a house. Though a large number of us genuinely want to own a property, there is a sizeable chunk who does not want to get into maintenance and such right away. Instead we urge you to look at real estate as yet another investment option which you can utilize for better returns. So, we have 4 fresh new reasons why you should invest in real estate
1. Invest for better education
A larger part of people in their twenties are looking at opportunities to study abroad. An MBA only adds value to the corporate job portfolio. But it is commonly known that a degree abroad costs a large amount of money and scholarships are scarce. Instead, it is always a good idea to be fairly well off to support your own education.
And for all these reasons, there is no better investment than real estate! With a value appreciation of 20-30% per year between construction and possession, plus with the current introduction of subvention scheme, you don’t really have to pay any interest for the first two years and you can get an assured return of close to 100% in just 2 years; this will give you sufficient returns to support any dreams of higher education.
2. Save loads of taxes
Basically without your own knowledge, the biggest expense that you have is in the form of taxes. Everyone tries to invest money in a variety of mutual funds and insurance policies just to save taxes. But, what everyone fails to understand is that by locking up your money for 3 years in investments which are prone to market risks, you might actually lose more than you save. Instead real estate offers you tax benefits in 2 ways:

Tax benefit is available on interest on housing loan
    Tax exemption is available on re-investment of sale proceeds of property in eligible avenues.

3. Invest for a Euro-trip!
    The whole point of investing is to create multiple streams of passive income that can fund your life style. Well, nowadays everyone wants fancy vacations these days and the only thing that is stopping most of us is the costs that ensue. Worry not; just invest in accordance with the subvention scheme for 2 years and you will have enough returns to take your entire family out on a fortnight long trip across Europe. Yes, it IS possible!
    4. Avoid constant monitoring
    There is no fun in investing if you have to constantly check on what is happening. This is exactly the case with stocks and commodities. With real estate, your research and work is just restricted to the initial investment time, after which you can sit without worries for at least the next 2 years. Property prices move very slowly, smoothly and constantly with minimum amount of fluctuations.

Source: http://www.elegantestates.in/2011/07/4-newer-reasons-to-invest-in-our-properties/
Read more
4 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • this article is funny :bab (59):

Originally Posted by JainSingh

Gone are the days when an investment in real estate is predominantly with the idea to own a house. Though a large number of us genuinely want to own a property, there is a sizeable chunk who does not want to get into maintenance and such right away. Instead we urge you to look at real estate as yet another investment option which you can utilize for better returns. So, we have 4 fresh new reasons why you should invest in real estate
    A larger part of people in their twenties are looking at opportunities to study abroad. An MBA only adds value to the corporate job portfolio. But it is commonly known that a degree abroad costs a large amount of money and scholarships are scarce. Instead, it is always a good idea to be fairly well off to support your own education.
    And for all these reasons, there is no better investment than real estate! With a value appreciation of 20-30% per year between construction and possession, plus with the current introduction of subvention scheme, you don’t really have to pay any interest for the first two years and you can get an assured return of close to 100% in just 2 years; this will give you sufficient returns to support any dreams of higher education.
    2. Save loads of taxes
    Basically without your own knowledge, the biggest expense that you have is in the form of taxes. Everyone tries to invest money in a variety of mutual funds and insurance policies just to save taxes. But, what everyone fails to understand is that by locking up your money for 3 years in investments which are prone to market risks, you might actually lose more than you save. Instead real estate offers you tax benefits in 2 ways:

Tax exemption is available on re-investment of sale proceeds of property in eligible avenues.

The whole point of investing is to create multiple streams of passive income that can fund your life style. Well, nowadays everyone wants fancy vacations these days and the only thing that is stopping most of us is the costs that ensue. Worry not; just invest in accordance with the subvention scheme for 2 years and you will have enough returns to take your entire family out on a fortnight long trip across Europe. Yes, it IS possible!
      There is no fun in investing if you have to constantly check on what is happening. This is exactly the case with stocks and commodities. With real estate, your research and work is just restricted to the initial investment time, after which you can sit without worries for at least the next 2 years. Property prices move very slowly, smoothly and constantly with minimum amount of fluctuations.

Source: 4 NEWER reasons to invest in our properties | Elegant Estates
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by JainSingh

2. Save loads of taxes

Source: 4 NEWER reasons to invest in our properties | Elegant Estates

Taking a loan and that also subvention sceme is just plain silly.

Buying property for foreign trips is just bizarre. They dont cost that much anyway.

Having said that, I have made property investments with both 1, 2 and 4 as reasons, so one cannot dismiss them also.

1. You can (or need to) sell a flat to afford a foreign education. If your child does not (cannot) study, he can live in the flat instead. If neither situation presents, then he can sell and buy where he wants/works.

2. Flat is a good tax saving instrument to deploy money (not as good as stocks but more steady and less volatile). Especially if you dont want to rent it out and rely only on capital appreciation

4. RE is definitely less time demanding than stocks - but having said that, I have wasted much more time on this IREF forum than what I used to do with stocks. Still, for most people, RE tends to be a more buy and forget type of investment which has in the past given returns same or even surpassing stocks.

Diversifying into RE is probably a must for every portfolio which attains a certain size.

Buying property for foreign trips is just bizarre. They dont cost that much anyway.

Having said that, I have made property investments with both 1, 2 and 4 as reasons, so one cannot dismiss them also.

1. You can (or need to) sell a flat to afford a foreign education. If your child does not (cannot) study, he can live in the flat instead. If neither situation presents, then he can sell and buy where he wants/works.

2. Flat is a good tax saving instrument to deploy money (not as good as stocks but more steady and less volatile). Especially if you dont want to rent it out and rely only on capital appreciation

4. RE is definitely less time demanding than stocks - but having said that, I have wasted much more time on this IREF forum than what I used to do with stocks. Still, for most people, RE tends to be a more buy and forget type of investment which has in the past given returns same or even surpassing stocks.

Diversifying into RE is probably a must for every portfolio which attains a certain size.

CommentQuote
  • Hi Venky,

can you elaborate why taking loan on subvention scheme is plain silly?

JS
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by JainSingh
    Hi Venky,

can you elaborate why taking loan on subvention scheme is plain silly?

JS

Taking a loan on subvention scheme for these unusual needs listed in article is just plain silly, I should have said.
    CommentQuote