Sort by :
Filter by :
- Originally Posted by rishimangleshNow, farmers plan to target projects in city - Hindustan Times
Even as the dust of Noida Extension is yet to settle down, farmers of 10 villages in Noida have threatened to storm the sites of about a dozen key real estate players and stall construction of about 20,000 units in multi-storey residential towers coming up in 8 sectors of the city. The farmers, who have already done it once on May 16, have threatened to stall these projects on July 20. In some cases, work till the seventh floors have been completed.
The threat has come despite the fact the authority chief executive officer (CEO) Rama Raman has categorically said that stern action will be taken against those stalling work at sites, which are not legally disputed.
Farmers are demanding 50% of their land’s market value as cash compensation, settlement of abadi land disputes (returning to farmers wrongly acquired abadi land or, in some cases, freeing encroached areas from farmers) and allotment of developed land (5% of the total land acquired) plots as part of rehabilitation benefits.
On May 16, hundreds of farmers of Sorkha Jahidabad, Sarfabad, Baraula, Parthala, Kakrala, Salarpur, Gadhi Chaukhandi, Bahlolpur and Morna reached the builders' sites in sectors 74, 75, 76, 78, 79, 117, 116 and 113 and stopped work. Noida authority had sought from farmers one month’s time to address the issues. The authority said it would hold special camps and allot the 5% plots.
There has not been much progress but officials put up a brave front.
“We have held hearings in three villages to solve abadi land disputes, which will lead up to allotment of developed land plots. As for the demand of greater compensation, we have communicated the matter to state government. Lucknow will take a call.”
Farmers are not impressed. Farmer leader Naresh Yadav said, “The authority has not respected its deadline. There is only one week left before our deadline expires. I don’t think they will be able to concede our demands in a week. We held a meeting on Sunday last and decided in case our demands are not met, will stop work at sites and resort to an indefinite agitation.”
He said, “Land was acquired from us at R400 per sqm and sold to builders for R10,000 per sqm. The acquisition was principally done for industrial development and, midway, the land use was changed to that of so-called planned development. Our objections were not listened to.” There are more than 800 claims of 5% plots. No such allotment has been done since 2005, he said.
Farmers, apart from cash compensation, also get plots (5% of the total land acquired) in developed sectors through lottery and after payment of development charges as part of a rehabilitation plan.
Wow !!! whats more to come....?
"Thode din mein 1950's ke zamindarron ke pote uthh ke aayenge apne khaandaani zameen waapas lene ke liye.."CommentQuote0Flag
- Looks like Supreme Court verdict regarding Noida Extension has opened up Pandora's box.
I guess new projects will be specially effected in these sectors. For example 3C Sports Village is likely to be launched later now in view of these issues.CommentQuote0Flag
- Stakes are completely different here. there is some demand for getting land back or more compensation, but even farmers know that it will not fly as land was acquired before 2005 and court cases must have been settled or decided already. it is mostly about getting those 5% plots alloted.CommentQuote0Flag
- Originally Posted by alokgargStakes are completely different here. there is some demand for getting land back or more compensation, but even farmers know that it will not fly as land was acquired before 2005 and court cases must have been settled or decided already. it is mostly about getting those 5% plots alloted.
The question here is the land for sectors 74-78 was acquired under which clause?
If its under urgency clause, then anything can happen. i have visited the sectors 74-78 yesterday and enquired about the same from builders. They are saying very confidently that this is totally dispute free land. The location for sector 75 is very good and BSP is from 3100 to 3600 in all these sectors. i am planning to book one flat there But now will wait for some more time.CommentQuote0Flag
- upcoming election ki politics hai ..bumpy road ahead for noida/g.noida..:bab (4):CommentQuote0Flag
- Endusers will suffer
End of the day not the Investors (They are rich), farmers (They have the numbers), The buil,ders (They build houses afterall) and the politicians will not suffer. It is the end users, middle class people like me who has to pay more for no fault.!! Shame no everybody who opposes the real estate regulatory body!CommentQuote0Flag
- any possible effect on farmers agitation in G Noida on the Gnoida expressway projects
Farmers are agitating against construction in sectors 74-79 and 113, 117 etc. someone on this forum says this is a different issue and they only want the promised plots as these acquisition have been done long back from 2001-2010. I want to know can these spill over to projects in sectors 137, 143 107 etc on the expressway? when were these acquired by the authorities and at what rate were they sold to builders as this would indicate whether the farmers would make a case and agitate. I checked up with amrapali( heart beat city sector 107) but they were confident that no such problem would arise.
- Someone in this form has mentioned that If you have already invested, take a chill pill and if not invested then wait for the cloud to clear.CommentQuote0Flag
- Originally Posted by sharmafireSomeone in this form has mentioned that If you have already invested, take a chill pill and if not invested then wait for the cloud to clear.
:bab (4): Really very good suggestion:bab (38):CommentQuote0Flag
- Today there was supposed to be a HC judgement on NE..
Any news on that?CommentQuote0Flag
- Originally Posted by ashokyadavToday there was supposed to be a HC judgement on NE..
Any news on that?
Bombay miss-happening news was enough for country for few days hence HC not interested to deliver any new news, wait for few days.CommentQuote0Flag
- Yes right.. and rahul baba and team also busy bashing non-cong state govts..
Had it been happnd in any non-cong state.. we would have listened different statements..CommentQuote0Flag
- Originally Posted by ashokyadavYes right.. and rahul baba and team also busy bashing state govts..
Rahul Baba & Team has shown all of their UGLY Faces just in 1 Month. Baba Ramdev lathi charge on common man, Dual face in Bhatta-Parsol GN , and now lots of horrible comments for National security & Mumbai victims. As per Rahul Baba & Team living in INDIA is equal as Afganistaan , Iran , Pakistan.... . We was thinking that CRIME is too much in NCR but today our HOME MINISTER Chitambarm sahab correct us very proudly that NOT A SINGLE CITY IN INDIA IS SAFE AT ALL.CommentQuote0Flag
- HC will give verdict on Patwari/Bisrakh/Jalpura villegers land issue on 21-22 July... So wait for more heart beating news...CommentQuote0Flag
- Originally Posted by saurabh2011Rahul Baba & Team has shown all of their UGLY Faces just in 1 Month. Baba Ramdev lathi charge on common man, Dual face in Bhatta-Parsol GN , and now lots of horrible comments for National security & Mumbai victims. As per Rahul Baba & Team living in INDIA is equal as Afganistaan , Iran , Pakistan.... . We was thinking that CRIME is too much in NCR but today our HOME MINISTER Chitambarm sahab correct us very proudly that NOT A SINGLE CITY IN INDIA IS SAFE AT ALL.
I think he should go to Jaitapur, Maharashtra also..
there are also farmers are fighting for long time..
Its really pathetic way our politicians deal with matters..CommentQuote0Flag