We had many discussions on Higher floor Vs Lower floor living.

Now, lets see for a TOP FLOOR living in a High Rise (at-least 7 story or higher). I saw a similar discussion in Bangalore thread and there was not many input... lets see what our experts here says... and I know we will have better show here.

Generally, most of the people never prefer top floor due to
a. Extreme heat during summer and cold during winter
b. Water leakage during rainy season

<< All the PROS and CONS of higher floor Vs lower floor are always there, we are talking about top floor only, lets not mix up>>

In most of the cases, top floor is sold at a discount and hence the builder invented something special, called Penthouse .. so that they can sell the top floor also in premium.

Living on the top floor may have very subtle advantage like
a. Ego boosting, living at the top
b. No nonsense noise from upper floor, no water/dust/ash/trash dropping from upper floor
c. May be cheaper

So what makes someone to pick up the TOP floor?
Read more
74 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by anuj.mca
    Count me in !! :-)

I have booked a top floor in lotus zing.

Mine is Top - 1 ..) ... in a different project
    CommentQuote
  • Hi Ghrondabhai,

Nice to know you too have a booking in lotus zing. May I know in which tower you have and on which floor (excluding 13th).

Mine is in tower 7 and unit number is 210x.

Originally Posted by ondabhai
    Mine is Top - 1 ..)
    CommentQuote
  • The flat I booked is the topfloor of a low rise ( 4 floors) with terrace rights. Wanted to have some private place for growing up children. To avoid high electricity bills, what about installing solar plates in the terrace? any comments?
    CommentQuote
  • bilkull...

Originally Posted by ondabhai
    Let's go to Mikhailbhai's house and see the picture on our mortal eyes along with garma garm pakoda and chai :bab (48):
    Kya bolte ho?
    CommentQuote
  • Hi anuj,

Have you spoke to 3c after that??

It is (top-1) floor right?? or is there still some suspense in it?

i am asking it because still i havent seen anyone with a topmost unit in lotus zing. Have you?

Originally Posted by anuj.mca
    Hi Ghrondabhai,

Nice to know you too have a booking in lotus zing. May I know in which tower you have and on which floor (excluding 13th).

Mine is in tower 7 and unit number is 210x.
    CommentQuote
  • Hi Unidentified,

Yes, I spoke to few 3C people, each speak their own theory, mean the confusion is still as it is, only thing that has changed is my mindset. Now I am somehow ready for top most floor also... (as no other choice).
    Also, I am thinking to find some contact point in the architect's office (which has designed lotus zing.), there contact details are following, if you find some one from there office (Design & Development) only then we can have the solid information. If possible, please you too try.

Design & Development,
    A-7, Neeti Bagh
    New Delhi 110049.
    Ph0ne: 46031500-09

Regards,
    Anuj

Originally Posted by Unidentified
    Hi anuj,

Have you spoke to 3c after that??

It is (top-1) floor right?? or is there still some suspense in it?

i am asking it because still i havent seen anyone with a topmost unit in lotus zing. Have you?
    CommentQuote
  • Hello Guys...i have booked an unit on 22nd floor in 25th story building...is it a good pick from your point of view?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by kumar13
    Hello Guys...i have booked an unit on 22nd floor in 25th story building...is it a good pick from your point of view?

Which project??
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Unidentified
    Which project??

Assotech Windsor Court, Sec-78
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by kumar13
    Hello Guys...i have booked an unit on 22nd floor in 25th story building...is it a good pick from your point of view?

It's a good investment in the medium to long run. Once the culture of high rises becomes prevalent in Delhi / NCR , people will prefer higher floors much more than they do now.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by suavedude
    It's a good investment in the medium to long run. Once the culture of high rises becomes prevalent in Delhi / NCR , people will prefer higher floors much more than they do now.

yes that was the thought behind it while going for...but lets see how much it is appreciated in long run....
    CommentQuote
  • :bab (59):Now this tread is being moved out of subject and now will be discussed only 3C...
    CommentQuote
  • Ok.. Evening is here. Time for some chaai pakoda pics from my balcony.

Everyones invited !!

The views from my balcony at different times

You might notice the Mahindra Aura project. Havnt seen any activity there for the last few months!
    CommentQuote
  • I guess 9 out of 10 people will prefer not to have top floor because of various cons. Considering FAR has increased so much, people are not taking int account the hassles that will be there when they go by lift up and down. I ma not specifically pointing out the problems in topmost floor , I am just talking about the problem with top floors (read above 20 floor).

Have heard that there are queues in Indirapuram to get into the lift .
    Consider that you have to go to 20th floor and lift is at 20th floor at the moment . The waiting time and the time to reach the destination will irk people once they start living in.

Moreover, if you are living in a floor above 10 or whatever number depends upon convenience, you cannot even think of going down by stairs in the morning, no matter what. You are solely dependent on lift.

So, cons associated with a higher floor impact somebody much more than the pros associated with it.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by anuj.mca
    Hi Unidentified,

Yes, I spoke to few 3C people, each speak their own theory, mean the confusion is still as it is, only thing that has changed is my mindset. Now I am somehow ready for top most floor also... (as no other choice).
    Also, I am thinking to find some contact point in the architect's office (which has designed lotus zing.), there contact details are following, if you find some one from there office (Design & Development) only then we can have the solid information. If possible, please you too try.

Design & Development,
    A-7, Neeti Bagh
    New Delhi 110049.
    Ph0ne: 46031500-09

Regards,
    Anuj

See, Customer care executives still dont know this, what they look is the layout plan for any query related to the no. of floors by any customer in any of the towers, where it is mentioned as 21xx, which suggests the top floor. So they might say

"theres going to be 21 floors total, urs is 21xx unit, means 21st floor". - which is wrong

bcos As per your BBA, u have 20th floor, & they always say theres going to be 21 floors.

Poor customer care People have this Confusion which lies in the fact that other projects like LB, LP where 13th floor is listed as 12Axx but in Zing there is no 12Axx.

Now question arises, why dont they change the layout , and list tower 7 as 22xx (specifying the top floor)??

They can but it may lead to an impression that tower has 7 has 22 floors & can confuser buyers.

Vaid question whould be.. Why the hell they changed the 13 floor concept to be listed as 12A, with ZING???

May be no. 14 looks better than 12A.. funny!! its not actually

You need to call Customer care, ask them to transfer the call to some senior manager , they will give you the right picture.
    CommentQuote