We had many discussions on Higher floor Vs Lower floor living.

Now, lets see for a TOP FLOOR living in a High Rise (at-least 7 story or higher). I saw a similar discussion in Bangalore thread and there was not many input... lets see what our experts here says... and I know we will have better show here.

Generally, most of the people never prefer top floor due to
a. Extreme heat during summer and cold during winter
b. Water leakage during rainy season

<< All the PROS and CONS of higher floor Vs lower floor are always there, we are talking about top floor only, lets not mix up>>

In most of the cases, top floor is sold at a discount and hence the builder invented something special, called Penthouse .. so that they can sell the top floor also in premium.

Living on the top floor may have very subtle advantage like
a. Ego boosting, living at the top
b. No nonsense noise from upper floor, no water/dust/ash/trash dropping from upper floor
c. May be cheaper

So what makes someone to pick up the TOP floor?
Read more
74 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Sorry, can't find the pics here ...

Originally Posted by Mikhail
    Ok.. Evening is here. Time for some chaai pakoda pics from my balcony.

Everyones invited !!

The views from my balcony at different times

You might notice the Mahindra Aura project. Havnt seen any activity there for the last few months!
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks for sharing dude!!!

The last picture is just mindblowing, Sunset or sunrise?? whatever it be.. its really beautiful

Originally Posted by Mikhail
    Ok.. Evening is here. Time for some chaai pakoda pics from my balcony.

Everyones invited !!

The views from my balcony at different times

You might notice the Mahindra Aura project. Havnt seen any activity there for the last few months!
    CommentQuote
  • Well, what would you do to eliminate the noise, insects and air pollution which you face at lower floors ?
    CommentQuote
  • I think living on 20th floor and above will be a new experience for Noida people. To and fro time by lift is going to be a big issue much more than the so called pollution, insects etc.
    CommentQuote
  • Let's see , time will be the best judge. But, even within NCR, the trend has started of charging PLC for higher floors, for example in Gurgaon.
    CommentQuote
  • Its all personal preference. I have booked a non PLC floor somewhere in middle of the building.

Still NCR mentality is low floors that is why they are paying PLC to get them.
    CommentQuote
  • People are playing PLC to get the low floor. It would be tragedy for these people if Builders start charging PLC for high floors and they have problem in getting rid of the their low floors. ;-)
    CommentQuote
  • Yes, you are right Bhai. More people in NCR prefer lower floor still, this is the reason PLC is charged for lower floors. Some new projects in Gurgaon charging PLC for higher floors is trend changer in NCR.

But, let's see how the future evolves :-)
    CommentQuote
  • Bhai , you are happy with your choice and I am happy with mine. Cheers :-)
    CommentQuote
  • I was thinking, nobody is coming with the negatives of top floors in this thread so far. As i was thinking i found my oppurtunity to vent my thoughts..so here it goes in blue:

Originally Posted by Mogammo
    After seeing all pictures (sorry static posters) I become sure that in NCR there is no great views for high floors.One thing is sure that from higher floors of any NCR society it looks like we are living in a static posters world & handing in the middle of sky. No sea , no mountains , no lakes , no water falls , no snow.

It depends on location to location, Above pictures doesnt show any golf course or any roads or any greenery. You can watch your entire society from your balcony, which you will never see in low rise.

Not a single motion can be analyze from high floors and hence it looks like world is static

Static?? So you want a new 3D movie playing everytime you enter balcony... A rain, storm, bright sun, dusky evening, night,are some dynamic activities of nature which keeps on changing the view.

Now you will say " Sun rises & sets everyday" its always same whats new in it.. If you think this way sorry i cant help

with out any motion , sound , activities and same type of views from that high floor always everyday , every week , every month , every year , for whole life.

Motion (disturbance), sound(Noise), activities(daily routine) ... Isnt it something that we see in our daily life/whole life... at office, at school, everywherec. These are the activities which a top floor resident will see everytime he is getting in or out of the society. So what you see so often is that what you want to see from your balcony also???
    I would rather like to have a cup of tea with my wife/family watching the sun set... so peaceful, very far away from so called Motion & Sound.

Will a person not become bored with this way. After seeing all pictures , specially for NCR it looks like that we are hanging above any concrete jungle.

Its the people who lives at lower floors which are made to see the opposite tower/ Concrete jungle. Top Floor residents see beyond the Concrete. You made remember me an old saying " People with better vision, Think Better, Gets Better" lOl

There is no comparison of seeing playing own / others children's in green parks every day.

A Child will eventually turn out to be an adult some time. Till that time i would love to play with my child or to sit next to him in the park rather than watching him from balcony.

Several different noises / voices every day,

Voices will turn out to be disturbances by the passage of time

smell the oder of sand in rains,

As per monsoons in Northern India, it will be once in a blue moon only in the month of jul, august.
    On top floor, you will get the fresh/natural air in abundance from jun to dec.

see new cars

Poor people do this, I would like to have a drive, if not feasible then may be a test drive, even if like to see a newly launched car, i would see it in a showroom, if you just want to see them, Go to the Parking area you will find many!!

People at top floors may want to see choppers landing, birds flying at closer distance, People at ground floor will only find mosquitoes flying.

& all different ladies everyday from LOWER FLOORS.

I would rather like to swim & chat with the lady in the park rather then starring at her from the top.
    Remember, you can even Kiss your partner on a top floor balcony, Your Ground Floor friend will never see it. Privacy is at its best!!!:bab (22):

From Higher floors World is static like living in middle of posters, and in NCR these posters will be of concrete jungle of buildings. But from Lower floors World is in motion always with beautiful different feelings everyday.

Motion itna na ho ki loose motions ho jayein...:bab (59):

In place of living at Higher Floors I will prefer to take the view from highest side of building ie roof once in a week whenever I want to enjoy that, I would like to use LIFT for going to 25th floor once in a week in place of 7 times in each & everyday.

You would like to go at 25th floor once in a week, I would not like to go at first floor balcony in my tower not even a single time in my life. Already seen many first floor views in my life.

Having said that , every individual has a own way of looking at things, just trying to show people the other way around.
    CommentQuote
  • Mogammo bhai.. its not as if people living on higher floors always stay there :)
    Its a matter of minutes and you are down on the ground to go to your schools etc :-P
    Regarding nature.. i would say that atleast in gurgaon i am closer to nature on the top floor than on lower floors. I see birds flocking here and there. Infact one pigeon has made my balcony the favourite. The air is much much cleaner and dust free (a boon in gurgaon) Whenever there is lightning, i get to see spectacular views of the lightning striking the earth on the horizon. Will capture them someday and post it here :-P (static posters as you say -- its a pity we are not in a harry potter world where pictures are dynamic, not static)
    When its stormy, i get to see the sheer force of nature (believe me-- if a window stays open-- things like newspapers start flying around the room)
    Regarding smell -- well come over to my house after fresh rains and take a look yourself :-)

The point is, you cannot deride anyones choices just by typing away to glory. Everyone doesn't want to ogle at girls from the balconies or lust after the newest cars. We get enough opportunities to do that on the roads/offices/malls.

Unidentified: Thats a sunset. Thanks for liking the pics.
    CommentQuote
  • Good discussion is going on. I was just thinking if living at higher floors like 30+ , 40+ , 50+ ...... is becomes more better then why all around the world all Rich Persons / Superstars / business man / politicians prefer to live in their own villa at ground , 1st , 2nd floors in place of purchasing & living in any luxury penthouses of 40+ high rise luxury buildings ????

I personally think living at 2nd Floor has much more positive points then living at 20th Floor, and yes its personal.
    CommentQuote
  • I think original intent of this topic was only to talk about TOP FlOOR as it was clearly mentioned by the Thread Starter. I think the discussion has moved to High Vs Low and the same argument mode which is kind of very common on IREF now.
    CommentQuote
  • be cool mates,in past couple of hours thread has drifted from healthy discussion to thought imposition.i too live on top floor which is 5th and am determined not to live again on top floor,summer temperatures become just intolerable.also as in most of the projects going on in noida generally 2 lifts are being provided per tower,because of this waiting time will certainly be a big problem, when everyone settles.so if lifts are in enough number to reduce waiting time,i will prefer to opt floors just below top floor or otherwise will settle somewhere in middle floors.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by saurabh2011
    Good discussion is going on. I was just thinking if living at higher floors like 30+ , 40+ , 50+ ...... is becomes more better then why all around the world all Rich Persons / Superstars / business man / politicians prefer to live in their own villa at ground , 1st , 2nd floors in place of purchasing & living in any luxury penthouses of 40+ high rise luxury buildings ????

You gave the answer yourself, Its because they are Superstars/Politicians.

(they do not have to share so called common area, pool, park & what not...)

I personally think living at 2nd Floor has much more positive points then living at 20th Floor, and yes its personal.

I like the world " Personal", i appreciate that word brother!!
    CommentQuote