We had many discussions on Higher floor Vs Lower floor living.

Now, lets see for a TOP FLOOR living in a High Rise (at-least 7 story or higher). I saw a similar discussion in Bangalore thread and there was not many input... lets see what our experts here says... and I know we will have better show here.

Generally, most of the people never prefer top floor due to
a. Extreme heat during summer and cold during winter
b. Water leakage during rainy season

<< All the PROS and CONS of higher floor Vs lower floor are always there, we are talking about top floor only, lets not mix up>>

In most of the cases, top floor is sold at a discount and hence the builder invented something special, called Penthouse .. so that they can sell the top floor also in premium.

Living on the top floor may have very subtle advantage like
a. Ego boosting, living at the top
b. No nonsense noise from upper floor, no water/dust/ash/trash dropping from upper floor
c. May be cheaper

So what makes someone to pick up the TOP floor?
Read more
74 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Great spirit, to each his own :-)
    CommentQuote
  • Gagan sahab, bade din baad toh kuch likh raha hun... hehhehe

anyways,,, for your sake, please replace the world top floors with Topmost floor & start reading the thread all over again:bab (59):
    Originally Posted by Gagan Singh
    I think original intent of this topic was only to talk about TOP FlOOR as it was clearly mentioned by the Thread Starter. I think the discussion has moved to High Vs Low and the same argument mode which is kind of very common on IREF now.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Mikhail
    Mogammo bhai.. its not as if people living on higher floors always stay there :)
    Its a matter of minutes and you are down on the ground to go to your schools etc :-P
    Regarding nature.. i would say that atleast in gurgaon i am closer to nature on the top floor than on lower floors. I see birds flocking here and there. Infact one pigeon has made my balcony the favourite. The air is much much cleaner and dust free (a boon in gurgaon) Whenever there is lightning, i get to see spectacular views of the lightning striking the earth on the horizon. Will capture them someday and post it here :-P (static posters as you say -- its a pity we are not in a harry potter world where pictures are dynamic, not static)
    When its stormy, i get to see the sheer force of nature (believe me-- if a window stays open-- things like newspapers start flying around the room)
    Regarding smell -- well come over to my house after fresh rains and take a look yourself :-)

The point is, you cannot deride anyones choices just by typing away to glory. Everyone doesn't want to ogle at girls from the balconies or lust after the newest cars. We get enough opportunities to do that on the roads/offices/malls.

Unidentified: Thats a sunset. Thanks for liking the pics.

Mention not !!!! Pleasure is all mine, thanks...
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Unidentified
    Gagan sahab, bade din baad toh kuch likh raha hun... hehhehe

anyways,,, for your sake, please replace the world top floors with Topmost floor & start reading the thread all over again:bab (59):

Mr. Unidentified,

Even the original thread poster has used the TOP floors and if you read is post again your will know what you are discussing and what was the intention. It is not to find out flaws in writting 'top floor' or 'top most' floor. Thoda dimaag lagao aur matlab samjho... Its not always good to get into the arguments. Already the thread has diverted.
    CommentQuote
  • Can anyone dare to post some pics from their 1st floor balcony, i am too excited to see the motion pictures??:D
    CommentQuote
  • To be honest, i like arguements, there is a slight difference b/w an arguement & a discussion..
    All depends on the way you think while posting. Accept my apologies if you dont like the way i write.

Originally Posted by Gagan Singh
    Mr. Unidentified,

Even the original thread poster has used the TOP floors and if you read is post again your will know what you are discussing and what was the intention.
    Sorry i dont know it, please explain whts the intention & what out of the world am i discussin here??

It is not to find out flaws in writting 'top floor' or 'top most' floor. Thoda dimaag lagao aur matlab samjho...

Sarcasm ki toh band baja di yarr tumne

Its not always good to get into the arguments. Already the thread has diverted.

If you think its an argument, leave this thread immediately, you might escape an arguement..

CommentQuote
    Can anyone dare to post some pics from their 1st floor balcony, i am too excited to see the motion pictures??:D

Is anyone here, to accept the challenge?????????????????
    CommentQuote
    To be honest, i like arguements, there is a slight difference b/w an arguement & a discussion..
    All depends on the way you think while posting. Accept my apologies if you dont like the way i write.

53 posts in this Thread are not enough for to understand the intent of this post, So I would not be able to explain you.

Anyways as you suggested I am leaving this Thread as I would not like to get into the ARGUMENTS with the person who ENJOI them and have no guts and has to hide behind the identity "Unidentified" to write anything on IREF.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Gagan Singh
    53 posts in this Thread are not enough for to understand the intent of this post, So I would not be able to explain you.

i knew you cant explain

Anyways as you suggested I am leaving this Thread Ahhh... Like i care!!!as I would not like to get into the ARGUMENTS with the person who ENJOI them and have no guts and has to hide behind the identity "Unidentified" to write anything on IREF.

Hmm.. getting personal, this is what people do when they nothing to say,,, hahahahaa.. Dont worry i wont comment anything on you,

Choosing the world Unidentified doesnt Hide me. Its a public forum, my writings & my thoughts gives me an identity.
    If i want i can create any no. of accounts with names like GagaN or Magan.. I will remain what i am...

Thanks for accepting my suggestion
    CommentQuote
  • I guess we had many and many threads discussing about pros and cons of High and Low floor living. This thread in NOT about that... from the beginning it was made clear.

This thread is about TOP most floor living in a highrise. I guess we all understand what top most means.

Generally, people avoids the top most floor due to heat/cold and water leakage consideration. With the development in technologies, the problem is not as severe as earlier but both the problems are still there, more or less.

It is quite natural that those people considering Top most floor are quite inclined to higher floor living.... they love higher floor and they will not settle for lower floor.... unless some real constraints.

The objective of this thread was to understand whether it is realistic and practical to have a re-look at Top most floor? ..... or a floor just below the top most floor is still the best option?

Hope this help to bring back to original topic.

NB: We are talking about top most floor .... we are not talking about higher floor Vs lower floor.
    CommentQuote
  • Fact is nobody likes to live on the top floor until and unless he has got no choice. I have seeen people begging to builder that they would like to have any floor except top and the moment they book the top floor , as soon as they come out of the builder premises, start praising the top floor and start bringing out concepts like pollution and all .
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by topjobsncr
    Fact is nobody likes to live on the top floor until and unless he has got no choice. I have seeen people begging to builder that they would like to have any floor except top and the moment they book the top floor , as soon as they come out of the builder premises, start praising the top floor and start bringing out concepts like pollution and all .

Thats funny! Is it really that hard for you to accept that everybody is not alike. Some actually LOVE to stay on the top floor and won't have it any other way. Similarly, there might be some who will want the ground floor and won't have it any other way.

Mogammo Bhai: Nice googling.. all i can say :-P

G.harondabhai: Hope you had a look at the pics which created fire on this thread. Anyways, coming back to topic, living on Top-1 instead of Top for me would not be a very good option. Though i agree that its a practical choice. The electricity bills will be slightly lower and you will have all the advantages higher floors have.Only disadvantages i can see are :: If there is terrace access, you will not be frequenting it. The noise from the floor above and the feeling of living on top (though this is just a psychological ego boost :) )
    CommentQuote
  • Agree that there are very few people who have a special liking for living on a top floor but you will find that kind of people 1 in 20. In mathematical terms, that is considered negligible .

Thats why , most of the builders sell top floors with some discount or they are available till all the project is sold out.

Originally Posted by Mikhail
    Thats funny! Is it really that hard for you to accept that everybody is not alike. Some actually LOVE to stay on the top floor and won't have it any other way. Similarly, there might be some who will want the ground floor and won't have it any other way.

Mogammo Bhai: Nice googling.. all i can say :-P

G.harondabhai: Hope you had a look at the pics which created fire on this thread. Anyways, coming back to topic, living on Top-1 instead of Top for me would not be a very good option. Though i agree that its a practical choice. The electricity bills will be slightly lower and you will have all the advantages higher floors have.Only disadvantages i can see are :: If there is terrace access, you will not be frequenting it. The noise from the floor above and the feeling of living on top (though this is just a psychological ego boost :) )
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by topjobsncr
    Agree that there are very few people who have a special liking for living on a top floor but you will find that kind of people 1 in 20. In mathematical terms, that is considered negligible .

Thats why , most of the builders sell top floors with some discount or they are available till all the project is sold out.

TOP MOST floor bhi to ek hi hota hai puri building mai to lene wale bhi bhoot kam honge na. But yes I agree that in NCR which is mainly famous as dry & hot weather, taking TOP MOST floor without ROOF RIGHT it is not recommended.

As for cost, who ever builder sold TOP MOST floor with FULL ROOF RIGHT he takes highest premium for that and several times even more than lower floors floor. You can check newspapers ads that if any builder is sending TOP MOST FLOOR with FULL ROOF RIGHT (with registry) then it command highest rate for sure. Same for 2-4 floors BUILDERS FLOOR. ROOF RIGHT ka maaja vahe samagh sakta hai jiske pass ye hai.
    CommentQuote
  • ground floor bhi 1 hi hota hai bhai , 50 nahi hote aur unpe preimum bhi hota hai sabse jada aur woh fir bhi bik jate hain .

Originally Posted by saurabh2011
    TOP MOST floor bhi to ek hi hota hai puri building mai to lene wale bhi bhoot kam honge na. But yes I agree that in NCR which is mainly famous as dry & hot weather, taking TOP MOST floor without ROOF RIGHT it is not recommended.

As for cost, who ever builder sold TOP MOST floor with FULL ROOF RIGHT he takes highest premium for that and several times even more than lower floors floor. You can check newspapers ads that if any builder is sending TOP MOST FLOOR with FULL ROOF RIGHT (with registry) then it command highest rate for sure. Same for 2-4 floors BUILDERS FLOOR. ROOF RIGHT ka maaja vahe samagh sakta hai jiske pass ye hai.
    CommentQuote