Metallica to welcome India's first Grand Prix !!

NEW DELHI — US heavy metal outfit Metallica will rock India with their first-ever show in the country at a concert to mark the inaugural Formula One meeting in October.

"There are very few places in the world that we have not dragged our gear and crew to," the nine-time Grammy Award winners said on their website on Monday. "For the first time ever, we will be visiting India for two shows."

India are slated to host the Grand Prix on October 30 at a new $350 million circuit in Greater Noida on the outskirts of New Delhi.

The veteran rockers, famous for numbers like "Nothing Else Matters", will perform at the "F1 Rocks" gig in the satellite town of Gurgaon on October 28 and another show in Bangalore on Oct 30.

Some of New Delhi's recent attempts to stage shows by top international acts have failed due to last-minute cancellations blamed on security or money issues.

Canadian rock star Bryan Adams called off a concert earlier this year after police refused to give clearance.

Pop diva Lady Gaga scrapped plans to play in India this month reportedly because she was unhappy with the money on offer, but she has said she will make the trip to perform in October.

"This event will definitely be the biggest live event to have hit India ever! The crowd is just going to go wild; since metalheads in India rarely get to see bands as big as Metallica perform live and in the flesh," says Sheena Philip, a Chennai-based PR executive who is a huge fan of Metallica's metal ballad Nothing Else Matters. Club that with the adrenalin rush of the upcoming F1 races, October will be one high-energy month!

\m/

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5gTB7a8YbHc2zuQkTwRfcExDBkAWg?docId=CNG.1a520310fd53287b78bc3c012e7eae10.51
Read more
25 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Welcome to Bhatta Parsaul

Metallica will be welcomed by agitating farmers with lathis. Wonder what farmers of this region have to say to Metallica!!!.:bab (22)::bab (5):
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Ram.bharose
    Metallica will be welcomed by agitating farmers with lathis. Wonder what farmers of this region have to say to Metallica!!!.:bab (22)::bab (5):

Dear Ram Bharose, You must have missed to read the Venue of performance in hurry.

I would like to take your attention again

The veteran rockers, famous for numbers like "Nothing Else Matters", will perform at the "F1 Rocks" gig in the satellite town of Gurgaon on October 28.

ya tumhara matlab hai ab farmers ko Gurgaon ana padega :bab (34):
    CommentQuote
  • Though we have sworn by their songs during our college days, its a little late in their career that they decided to come to India.. isn't it. Money makes the world go round :)
    F1 tickets are not yet up for sale -- only for the India GP, on Formula1.com.
    I guess they are themselves not sure whether it will happen.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Mikhail
    Though we have sworn by their songs during our college days, its a little late in their career that they decided to come to India.. isn't it. Money makes the world go round :)
    F1 tickets are not yet up for sale -- only for the India GP, on Formula1.com.
    I guess they are themselves not sure whether it will happen.

Dude, you are right. they came really late after so many waits by Fans.

Yeah. F1 can be postpone as well. Beside as per current situation in Greater Noida anything can be possible but Metallica plan will not postpone because officially tickets are on sale now
    CommentQuote
  • Metallica Rocks!!!!

I already booked tickets to watch them. its a life time opportunity. how can I miss it. :)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by gabru_no1
    I already booked tickets to watch them. its a life time opportunity. how can I miss it. :)

Link please. I only saw one link in ticketgenie.com .. They don't have netbanking i think (I lost my CC and its now blocked :))
    CommentQuote
  • :bab (44): Certainly Dude, I am also in, See you There

Metal >> :bab (30):

Originally Posted by gabru_no1
    CommentQuote
  • It turns out ticketgenie accepts debit cards as well :bab (22):

I am in :bab (35):

Nothing else matters :bab (6):
    CommentQuote
    It turns out ticketgenie accepts debit cards as well :bab (22):

I am in :bab (35):

Nothing else matters :bab (6):

:bab (45): you are welcome :D

but they gonna courier hard copy from 1st week of Oct.

At least it will be some entertainment between this hectic politics in real estate

CommentQuote
  • Carpe Diem !! :)

Yea!
    Carpe Diem baby!! :)

Originally Posted by StudRawk
    :bab (45): you are welcome :D

but they gonna courier hard copy from 1st week of Oct.

At least it will be some entertainment between this hectic politics in real estate

CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by gabru_no1
    Yea!
    Carpe Diem baby!! :)

ha ha !

I remember that song " Fuel " By metallica resembles with this situation on F1 :bab (44):

Unfortunately they wont understand Indian Politics :bab (38):
    CommentQuote
    Link please. I only saw one link in ticketgenie.com .. They don't have netbanking i think (I lost my CC and its now blocked :))

Metallica concert tickets through retail outlets of Planet-M and Landmark across the country.

Details of stores at:

Ticketgenie.in | PAST EVENTS

:bab (44):

In Weed, We Trust - Legalize Today :D
    CommentQuote
  • After Metallica Now its time for Lady Gaga !!

Lady GaGa will perform in Delhi on Oct 30

Lady Gaga to perform at Formula-1 after party

New Delhi, Sep 22 (IANS) Arjun Rampal announced Thursday that American pop star Lady Gaga will perform at the Formula-1 after party, which will be hosted by the Bollywood actor’s restro-bar, Lap.
    ‘Huge event for India to get a star of her calibre. She has one million Twitter fans and over 40 million Facebook fans. It’s a great feeling to get an icon like her to perform at your club at your lounge. She is very excited to come to India and to perform here,’ Arjun told IANS.

The Airtel Grand Prix of India will take place at the Buddh International Circuit in Greater Noida Oct 28-30.

‘The F1 is one of the most glamorous and expensive sports in the world. There is huge fan following for this sport. So excited to be associated with Jaypee Sports International (JPSI) for this venture. At our lounge we are excited to show the world how great Indian circuits will be in the form of Buddh Circuit. We are creating this lounge at Jaypee Greens Golf and Spa Resort in Greater Noida from Oct 28 to Oct 30,’ he added.

Gaga will perform on the last day, while international DJs Roger Sanchez will perform on day one, Edward Maya second day and Tom Navy on day three.
    The tickets for the first two days will be for Rs.30,000 per person while the Gaga show will cost Rs.40,000.

- inewsone
    CommentQuote
  • Metallica to perform at F1 inauguration

BANGALORE: American heavy metal sensation Metallica will perform in India during the inaugural Formula One Grand Prix . They will perform at Leisure Valley in Gurgaon on October 28. F1 Rocks is the series of global live music events staged alongside Formula 1 races across the globe.

The multi-award winning American band formed by guitarist James Hetfield and percussionist Lars Ulrich in 1981, is the seventh biggest selling act in American history, and they will perform as F1 Rocks in India
    Ahead of their first live performance in the country, Mettalica said, “We are excited to be playing a show in a place we have never thought in our wildest dreams we will play. It’s an honour for all of us to be a part of that whole music scene as a metal band sharing our music with fans in India.”

The music show will feature Metallica performing for the first time in India, and the additional four part show will document the search of a support band that will open for Metallica

- ibnlive
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by StudRawk
    Lady GaGa will perform in Delhi on Oct 30

Lady Gaga to perform at Formula-1 after party

‘Huge event for India to get a star of her calibre. She has one million Twitter fans and

- inewsone

One millions fans on twitter toh PC aur SRK ke bhi hai ;)
    She has Ten million followers on twitter , actually.

Cheers,

p.s. No, I am not one them ...
    CommentQuote