Builders are of course builders and they are not going to refund the money soon (or may be never). Somebody on the IREF said they might file bankruptcy etc. What are the different work arounds the builders have to avoid refund. Idea is to find out how difficult it is for NE buyers now to get the refund.
Read more
5 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by Gagan Singh
    Builders are of course builders and they are not going to refund the money soon (or may be never). Somebody on the IREF said they might file bankruptcy etc. What are the different work arounds the builders have to avoid refund. Idea is to find out how difficult it is for NE buyers now to get the refund.

There are many:

1. Banruptcy
    2. Abscond (not easy for big names)
    3. Shift to another project at unknown remote location
    4. Saying they ll pay but make you run in circles
    5. Many other ways, sorry my decepetive thinking ends here :bab (38):
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by amit.sharma80
    There are many:

1. Banruptcy

Builders like Amarpali, whose 3-4 projects are impacted in NE, they would not be able to pay the money. I do not know what will happen to Amapalli buyers.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by amit.sharma80
    There are many:

1. Banruptcy

The smart one will delay the decision by pointing to many places, including supreme court.
    Finally, if supreme court comes down heavily on builder then they may agree on paying in installments.... few installments will come and then it will just stop!! .... the same way CHIT funds work!!

Unless you are connected well ... it will not be a easy way to get your money back.

Normally company will close shop and open a new shop on their wife's name and operate as usual. Already many NE builders used a new entity for their NE projects!!
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ondabhai
    The smart one will delay the decision by pointing to many places, including supreme court.
    Finally, if supreme court comes down heavily on builder then they may agree on paying in installments.... few installments will come and then it will just stop!! .... the same way CHIT funds work!!

Unless you are connected well ... it will not be a easy way to get your money back.

Normally company will close shop and open a new shop on their wife's name and operate as usual. Already many NE builders used a new entity for their NE projects!!

g.harondabhai sir ji, kam se kam aaj tak tumhara koi darane wala comment nahe para, you always give good optimistic reply for members. Saare reply agar pessimistic is hone lage to bechare members ka kya hoga jo actually invest kar chuka hai and looking for any good exit policy.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by saurabh2011
    g.harondabhai sir ji, kam se kam aaj tak tumhara koi darane wala comment nahe para, you always give good optimistic reply for members. Saare reply agar pessimistic is hone lage to bechare members ka kya hoga jo actually invest kar chuka hai and looking for any good exit policy.

Oh Sirji, there is a positive note too

"Unless you are connected well ..." the key to get a better deal is connected ... I have already seen one association in this forum.
    CommentQuote