Vinod Kothari spotted in Noida!

To a layman, the name would not seem to be of much significance, but people associated with law and corporate finace would raise eyebrows what this man is doing in Noida from all the way from Calcutta?

Vinod Kothari is considered topnotch corporate bankruptcy lawyer in India. One of my colleague spotted him in Noida at yellow chilli restaurant this evening. My curious colleague got him followed.

My colleague called and told about the development. Kothari is found to be operating along with his team from his makeshift office in Cabana Serviced Apartments in Indirapuram.

It is very hard to find who hired him and who he is working for right now. He is working in a very stealth fashion. He wouldn't take any call (I tried to contact him).

Anyway, I will find out by tomorrow who his client is.

Signs are ominous! Wait for few days for the big news!
Read more
64 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by vkumar1

To a layman, the name would not seem to be of much significance, but people associated with law and corporate finace would raise eyebrows what this man is doing in Noida from all the way from Calcutta?

Vinod Kothari is considered topnotch corporate bankruptcy lawyer in India. One of my colleague spotted him in Noida at yellow chilli restaurant this evening. My curious colleague got him followed.

My colleague called and told about the development. Kothari is found to be operating along with his team from his makeshift office in Cabana Serviced Apartments in Indirapuram.

It is very hard to find who hired him and who he is working for right now. He is working in a very stealth fashion. He wouldn't take any call (I tried to contact him).

Are you a end user or a investor in Noida Extension? It seems from your POST THAT you do not want 60000-80000 flat buyers get their homes in Noida extension. why you are so excited to know why he came to Noida? You seems to be very frustrated and not positive thinker !!!!! What's your profession?
    CommentQuote
  • The room is booked under some Mr. Goswami.
    Called Cabana 2685001. Will not connect.
    CommentQuote

Man, cross your fingers. May be Supertech hired him.
    kidding :D
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by neokhsr
    Man, cross your fingers. May be Supertech hired him.
    kidding :D

No Kidding!!! This is my guess too.........
    CommentQuote
  • I have doubt for amrapali from past 1 week or so...fingers crossed:bab (38):
    CommentQuote
  • CommentQuote
  • in case of amrpali, they has many SPVs.. that particular SPV will default instead of whole company...

vkumar.. could you please say about how it happens in case of SPVs..
    CommentQuote
  • Hi VKumar.. Just one question... How do you get all negative details.... wheter BANKRUPTCY WATCHLIST OR bankruptcy lawyer.
    CommentQuote
  • SPVs are convenient instruments to get rid if some assets get toxic. However, Indian Bankruptcy laws are more stringent and it cannot always work. Big groups like Amrapali cannot get away easily in court. If SPVs are used, there is imminent danger of seizure of personal properties and corporate also cannot escape liability, if the prosecuting party proves indulgence. Indian bankruptcy laws don't define corporate entity clearly.

In case of Amrapali, it is impossible to get away with that instrument. The whole corporate will be seized. SPVs are useful for smalltime operatives only, in which they can show dispute among relatives too.
    CommentQuote
  • VK is too big to be hired by anyone other than the top three - Jaypee, Amrapali and Supertech.

Sorry frnds I don't like his presence in NCR at all that too at this time :(

Rohit
    CommentQuote
  • Whether Vinod KothaRI is really hired by the NOIDA builders or not is irrelevent? the real issue is bankruptcy?
    Remember, the builders are leveraged lot? they borrow at 8 percent to earn 10percent. as long as the 10 percent keep comimg, they donot have any issue.but the moment 10 percent stop coming and 8 percent goes to 9 percent they are squeezed.and at present all the builders in the NOida are squeezed.the question is how long they can sustain it and what is the prospect?.here the prospect are very bad.the realty boom in Noida is paused till the courts decides on last farmers appeal.how long they can sustain it,well not more than one month.how to identify the squeeze.Price correction.If there is a price correction in next 20-25 days by any of the big buildr, take it for sure that Vinod Kothari is goin to be overworked in NOIDA.I have seen AMAN II ad in HT at 2250sq ft., remebr AMAN I was gone in one day.therfore, if the aid appears for two more sunday, take it first sign of NOIDA realty reccession leading to price correction.
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks for info VKumar..
    Whatever gonna.. noone can stop that..
    CommentQuote

Moderators,

I sincerely think Mr vkumar should be banned from IREF. I have been reading IREF posts for quite some time now. I have seen numerous posts from this guy spreading controversial information under the pretext of "source confidential". Every time he posts, he posts something negative, that something bad is going to happen and he has confidential source for it, which he never discloses.

If other members search for the posts under his name, they will see the trend. This guy should be booted out asap.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by amitkagrawal
    Moderators,

I sincerely think Mr vkumar should be banned from IREF. I have been reading IREF posts for quite some time now. I have seen numerous posts from this guy spreading controversial information under the pretext of "source confidential". Every time he posts, he posts something negative, that something bad is going to happen and he has confidential source for it, which he never discloses.

If other members search for the posts under his name, they will see the trend. This guy should be booted out asap.

Hello Boss, If you yourself are not matured enough to read what people speak in a forum, then better you get your name removed from this forum. And you are thinking that builders would tell one month advance to all the buyers that they are declaring bankruptcy...so please grow up.

Remember-
    REAL ESTATE market is all based on speculations!
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by amitkagrawal
    Moderators,

I remember that in this forum some boarders were warning of such events way back in December 2010, but then again people ridiculed them and got them banned.

News can be found in the TV & newspaper after it happens but in forums like this one can get lot of information which is not published. It is for the user to decipher it correctly.
    CommentQuote