Cloud over e-way projects, farmers move high court - HT
There is bad news for an estimated 300,000 homebuyers and homeowners along the Noida-Greater Noida Expressway.
Farmers of Shahdra village (Sector 41), located along the highway, on Wednesday moved the Allahabad High Court, seeking quashing of “forcible“ acquisition of 108 hectares of land.
Other villages along the link have threatened to follow suit.

On Friday, 400 farmers of 24 villages along the Expressway had held a mahapanchayat at village Shahpur and announced they would move court. Farmers have now said they would stall all real estate projects along the highway if their demands for increased compensation and developed plots were not met by July 31.

“Farmers of Sutyana village (sector 137), who owned land in Shahdra, moved court on Tuesday. Farmers of village Shahdra, followed by other villages along the Expressway, will also move court, seeking quashing of land acquisition,“ said Kisan Sansh Samiti ssperson Mahesh Awana.

Several builders, including Jaypee Group, Unitech, 3C and Purvanchal Group, are building houses along the expressway.
Apart from houses, hospitals, schools and commercial establishments are also being set up along the 6-lane highway, running up to 24.5 km. This is a major setback for the Noida Authority as chairman Balvindar Kumar had on Tuesday visited Shahdra and held a meeting with farmers.

Meanwhile, farmers agitating in Noida sectors on Wednesday threatened they would stall all construction projects in the city from August 5, if their demand for increased compensation were not met by then. Noida chairman Balvindar Kumar, despite his daily visits to protesting villages, has not been able to promise hike in compensation already paid.

The Noida Authority has said the demands had reached a near-impossible level.
Read more
20 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Finally acquisition cancelled in YEW 29 Villages, GN 9 Villages by BMW Government

CommentQuote
  • This was bound to happen .
    The problem has been created by the authority as they have not given the developed land as committed at the time of aquisition .
    Why is authority not giving any reply / reason for not performing their acts right .
    CommentQuote
  • Several persons have taken plots in YEW despite knowing the facts that even authority have not acquired the land from farmers, now what will happen to them, if acquisition will be done with new laws then it may take several, several years to finish. I think YEW plots holders suffer a lot due to this cancellation of YEW acquisition by BMW Government them self. HUGE LOSS.....
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by saurabh2011
    Several persons have taken plots in YEW despite knowing the facts that even authority have not acquired the land from farmers, now what will happen to them, if acquisition will be done with new laws then it may take several, several years to finish. I think YEW plots holders suffer a lot due to this cancellation of YEW acquisition by BMW Government them self. HUGE LOSS.....

...... plus those who bought with premium..........
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by vkumar1
    ...... plus those who bought with premium..........

vkumar,Can you find legal status of land of Jaypee Group in sec 128, 133, 134 and 137 along with Sports city.
    CommentQuote
  • Can you advise the name of the projects which were launched on YEW.
    I believe that 3C Lotus City project was yet to be launched .
    CommentQuote
  • As far as i know, Shahdra village is adjacent to sector 137. Is this misinformation (paper mentions sector 41 which is away from eway anyways) or is this some other village with the same name?
    CommentQuote
  • "There is no possibility of increase in compensation for land which has already been taken. If authority gives the hike to one village then the others too will demand. There will be no acceptable cut off date for such a hike. This is practically not possible," Noida Chairman Balwinder Kumar said after meeting farmers in Shahdra village at Sector 41 on Tuesday.

Farmers had taken this move on wed after this statement.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by nishant2hit
    As far as i know, Shahdra village is adjacent to sector 137. Is this misinformation (paper mentions sector 41 which is away from eway anyways) or is this some other village with the same name?

Yeah ! This sounds very confusing. Both Sec -41 and 137 are in major distance, How come News channels and papers co relating ?

I can understand if they are residing at sec - 41 and owning lands on Eway.

Beside, eway projects are safe. No wonder if they wont try in this situation or you can say they will try to take the advantage of this situation (Maximum).
    CommentQuote
  • Yes, the acquisitions on e-way were by far the most planned and deliberated ones having taken farmers into confidence. Apart from abadi land and some minor issues, the likelihood of a major decision on this, is very bleak.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by StudRawk
    Yeah ! This sounds very confusing. Both Sec -41 and 137 are in major distance, How come News channels and papers co relating ?

I can understand if they are residing at sec - 41 and owning lands on Eway.

Beside, eway projects are safe. No wonder if they wont try in this situation or you can say they will try to take the advantage of this situation (Maximum).

Well...Its the otherway round I suppose.They were residing in sector 137 amd owning a plot in sector 41
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by kattu786
    Well...Its the otherway round I suppose.They were residing in sector 137 amd owning a plot in sector 41

then why Cloud over e-way projects, farmers move high court - HT ?

as Sec -41 is not at all over eway :bab (38):
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by StudRawk
    then why Cloud over e-way projects, farmers move high court - HT ?

as Sec -41 is not at all over eway :bab (38):

might be because they have threatened to halt the const of eway projects....
    CommentQuote
  • It wont be an expressway land then.

Originally Posted by kattu786
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by kattu786
    might be because they have threatened to halt the const of eway projects....

Yeah possible, Other farmers from eway also giving them support as well.
    CommentQuote